RUMOR: UFC interested in doing Chael Sonnen vs. Nick Diaz at 185, possibly at UFC 205 at MSG

Sweet! I'm definitely down for that!

Chael would have to have his anti-jiu-jitsu up to par & work it just like GSP did.

Nick would want to keep it standing, but could very well catch Chael from the bottom.

Nick and Nate don't fight people they're friends with
I guarantee this won't happen

Huge fan of both but that's a terrible fucking matchup. Joe Silva should be fired if this happens.

It's a waste of Diaz.

I really dislike Joe Silva, some of the matches he has been have been atrocious. Now we know the job is more difficult than it looks but come on, this should not even be considered. Chael was never really good, and Diaz should be fighting only other strikers exclusively, why match him up against one of the most boring guys in the sport?

great its the one fight i wouldnt want to watch involving two of my favs

Why not do this, as long as it's not the main event of course.

Call me crazy but I'd like to see Chael fight Weidman, Chael can keep it on the feet and outbox him.

Chael is too big for him and would maul him imo.

its a good match - both coming off long suspensions

Hypocrite Diaz will cry about roids then fight the biggest PED abuser in the history of the sport.

Even if the fight sucks, the trash talk in the buildup to the fight will be epic!

I'll wait for a better and more legitimate source than FRB before I get excited about this fight.

I enjoy watching both guys, but no thanks

Back