Rumor: Jon Jones once hid under a cage to avoid drug test

I really don't understand some of you people.

Jon Jones is the one guy, well besides arguably Connor mcgregor, who can take our sport into the stratosphere ,the greatest talent the sport has seen, and people want to criticise and slander .

Do you want mma to remain as a relatively niche, misunderstood sport? If so then carry on hating and making up bs stories to discredit the established GOAT

I disagree. I jumped back on the MMA bandwagon in '02 for Shammy-Tito uno and at THAT time this kind of statement would be true. The sport isn't THAT misunderstood anymore. It's not THAT detrimental to speak out about a subject you read or hear about. It's not like the whole sport is going to go down the toilet because one fighter screwed up -- and/or -- because so many people talked about it and commented on it that it got the most attention to the sport from the casual audience. Every sport, every business, every THING in life you will have your bad apples or your lost souls, whatever you want to call it. If Jones is a massive coke addict and the whole WORLD talks about it, it doesn't change what MMA is and ultimately, I honestly don't think it changes how it is perceived -- THAT much. Some, sure, but not to the point that it'll "take down the whole ship!"

This is getting a bit silly now, surely in 20+ fights, if he had that much of a drug problem it would show up in a drug test for one of his fights at least once?

Cocaine is one drug that is particularly difficult to catch in testing due to how quickly it exits the system. Compare it to something like methamphetamine, which can appear in a hair folicle test up to 90 days after use. Also, I don't believe cocaine is regularly tested for, just PEDs. That presents an entirely different set of problems, but there you have it.

The LHW battle of all battles of all time:

Under-The-Cage-Jones versus Emergency-Exit-Only-Wanderlei

Cocaine is one drug that is particularly difficult to catch in testing due to how quickly it exits the system. Compare it to something like methamphetamine, which can appear in a hair folicle test up to 90 days after use. Also, I don't believe cocaine is regularly tested for, just PEDs. That presents an entirely different set of problems, but there you have it.
The AC doesn't use hair follicle tests. Fighters are tested for coke in every pre and post fight test.

The rumor is BS.

PA SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT:
Will the explosive gentleman please report for drug screening

We see you under there Jon!

PA SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT:
Will the explosive gentleman please report for drug screening

We see you under there Jon!

If he's so afraid of Spiders, why is he such a fan of Anderson?

Yeah, just try and deal with that logic, brah.

Maybe he does cocaine to deal with his fear of spiders when hiding under the cage from the drug test. Its a vicious cycle.

Under the cage? Thats what I would do

Under the cage? Thats what I would do

Looking at your wanderlei AV and considering his situation, I can't help but read your post in Wanderlei's voice.

I really don't understand some of you people.

Jon Jones is the one guy, well besides arguably Connor mcgregor, who can take our sport into the stratosphere ,the greatest talent the sport has seen, and people want to criticise and slander .

Do you want mma to remain as a relatively niche, misunderstood sport? If so then carry on hating and making up bs stories to discredit the established GOAT

Buju Banton standing up for people who do coke? What a surprise :icon_chee

Back