Rugby World Cup 2019

Who will win the RWC in 2019

• Total voters
Argentina would smash Tonga. Real good, tight scrummaging team and better organised in genenral.

The team also play a lot together for the Jaguares and face regular competition while Tonga (and all the PI nations tbh) have players that can't make it because they're contracted to European clubs and can't get together to train, let alone play games.

Erm yeah, that’s what I said.

Word is he was concussed after the game vs Tonga but didn't get the headaches until he touched down

Maybe he is trying cover up getting hurt in the game against Tonga. I have never seen anyone get concussed holding pads.

Hansen said Jacobson,22, had not presented with any signs of concussion after the Tonga last Saturday, but developed symptoms after the first training session this week.

"On the pads can be pretty brutal," Jacobson said.

Argentina would smash Tonga. Real good, tight scrummaging team and better organised in genenral.

The team also play a lot together for the Jaguares and face regular competition while Tonga (and all the PI nations tbh) have players that can't make it because they're contracted to European clubs and can't get together to train, let alone play games.

Especially as Jaguares made a great run in Super rugby this year. I would expect England to finish first in pool C, and would give the edge to Argentina over France although it could go either way.

USA team has slightly improved over the past years and have some good chance against Tonga, depending indeed on tongans preparation for the world cup.

Especially as Jaguares made a great run in Super rugby this year. I would expect England to finish first in pool C, and would give the edge to Argentina over France although it could go either way.

USA team has slightly improved over the past years and have some good chance against Tonga, depending indeed on tongans preparation for the world cup.

Jaguares were always going to be a decent team given that it's largely the Argentinian international team. They also weren't in a very strong conference this year but you can only beat who they put in front of you.

Picked Frace over Argentina in a small win. France won the last 2 but really, the only one worth putting anything on is the one from last year. Not a lot of matchups between the two teams.

USA are interesting because we never see much of them here but they seem to have a good sevens program (probably more $$$ put into it since it's a Olympic sport now). Have to see if there's any crossover into the 15s.

Who do you guys see getting out of group D? Aus and Wales seem like the obvious choices in paper (I think).

However, after speaking with a few Australian friends (rugby players themselves), they fully expect a poor showing, one even saying they won’t get out of the group.

And as I mentioned earlier, from what I’ve been reading Wales are banged up and missing some good players.

Can Fiji sneak through?

Argentina are way better than Tonga. Whilst mainly losing to the big boys, they are normally competitive and win games from time to time.

Would guess USA will lose all their games, but maybe half a shot at beating Tonga.

Understood.

I don't really follow Union that much except when the World Cup comes around. Historically we tend to struggle against the South Pacific Island sides tho.

Who do you guys see getting out of group D? Aus and Wales seem like the obvious choices in paper (I think).

However, after speaking with a few Australian friends (rugby players themselves), they fully expect a poor showing, one even saying they won’t get out of the group.

And as I mentioned earlier, from what I’ve been reading Wales are banged up and missing some good players.

Can Fiji sneak through?

Their last four games.

Fiji 29 - 19 Tonga
Fiji 10 - 3 Samoa
Fiji 38 - 13 Canada
Japan 34 - 21 Fiji

Fiji picked up a win against France last year November in France! The game between Wales vs Fiji will be difficult to predict.

The Japanese fans seem to be getting behind Wales that might help them find their form...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/r...rm-huge-queue-training-session-World-Cup.html

Can Fiji sneak through?

95% Wales and Australia.

Can Fiji sneak through?

Not a chance in hell. Australia aren't bad and tend to show up when it counts.

And well, Fiji ain't any good...

Wales just lost a long time coach. Went/sent home over betting

Missed that one, geez.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...otential-betting-offence-20190918-p52scn.html

If it was Gatland it would be over for Wales.

giphy.gif

The Springboks have unveiled their team for the All Blacks game...

South Africa: Willie Le Roux, Cheslin Kolbe, Lukhanyo Am, Damian de Allende, Makazole Mapimpi, Handré Pollard, Faf de Klerk; Duane Vermeulen, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (c), Franco Mostert, Eben Etzebeth, Frans Malherbe, Malcolm Marx, Steven Kitshoff. Reserves: Mbongeni Mbonambi, Tendai Mtawarira, Trevor Nyakane, RG Snyman, Francois Louw, Herschel Jantjies, Francois Steyn, Jesse Kriel.

Nearly the same team that drew with New Zealand earlier this year only missing Kwagga Smith

Shame Spain and Romania are not in but what they did was wrong as Nambia and Russia in my eyes are a waste of team and can't see and growth in the future from them unlike Spain and Romania ?

The Springboks have unveiled their team for the All Blacks game...

South Africa: Willie Le Roux, Cheslin Kolbe, Lukhanyo Am, Damian de Allende, Makazole Mapimpi, Handré Pollard, Faf de Klerk; Duane Vermeulen, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (c), Franco Mostert, Eben Etzebeth, Frans Malherbe, Malcolm Marx, Steven Kitshoff. Reserves: Mbongeni Mbonambi, Tendai Mtawarira, Trevor Nyakane, RG Snyman, Francois Louw, Herschel Jantjies, Francois Steyn, Jesse Kriel.

Nearly the same team that drew with New Zealand earlier this year only missing Kwagga Smith

You would really think Putin and Russia would get behind a sport like Rugby alongside there love of Ice Hockey, Boxing, Wrestling and MMA ?

Back