Roy Nelson to take on Alistair Overeem at UFC 185 in Dallas (poll)

Overeem cashing in, but will be sleeping.

Reem needs to kick Roy's gut or he's gone.

Miocic vs Nelson fight via request, free on YouTube:

Overeem is going to knock him out using an uberkneeeee!!!!

Wow, they're really killing themselves to find the perfect opponents for Overeem, aren't they?

OMFG - a large majority of people think Nelson wins this???

With Jackson behind him, I don't see how they won't just train heavily to use Reem's leg kicks and range. I got Overeem by late stoppage after Roy is tired and easier to hold down. I think Overeem is going to come in humble and respecting Roy's power, but he is a 1 trick pony in the stand up. Overeem should use the tools he has and just pick him apart at a distance.

If I were Reem i'd be diving for Roy's shoelaces first chance I get otherwise I'll be diving for his shoelaces anyway but with the conscious intention to do anyway.

Reem has good skills everywhere but on paper, Roy is a bad match for him purely because Reem can't take a shot and Nelson can. Reem has to either pour on an early attack that gets Roy out of there, execute a very smart gameplan on Roy a la Mir and do so with patience and commitment.

Nelson brings his power and his chin. Reem can put him down because Reem does have a lot of power but if we are talking about who is more likely to get stopped, we gotta say it's Reem. Tough fight but I think it favors Nelson.

I think the problem with a lot of fighters, who should treat matchups like Royce Gracie did in the original UFCs, is they don't have the cardio for it and too much confidence in their standup. Plus, at HW, you miss the takedown and are on your back, it doesn't take much ground and pound to put you away. But seriously, Gonzaga against Mitrione was the textbook example of a fight where one fighter should just crawl for the takedown the entire time.

Great fight. Ubereem kills him, but this isn't Ubereem anymore. Roy has a big shot at this.

Give Overeem one of the biggest power punchers in history. That should end well.

Reem needs to fire his manager. This is a terrible matchup for him. Reem is a better fighter technically but Roy is durable as hell and has big KO power which is the Reem's kryptonite.

this

i'm gonna bet Nelson big on this one

LOL Reem probably takes Nelson down.

Nelson isnt getting up if reem is on top of him. And BJJ is pretty even honestly

Roy has a decent puncher's chance because it's Overeem. However, all of Roy's KO's come with an overhand right pretty much. With Greg Jackson in tow, I would think Reem could train to avoid that one strike and win the fight. Again, Nelson has a decent puncher's chance but he's outgunned in skills here.

Overeem needs to use smart game planning to win this one. If they end up trading shots, Overeems chin will more likely give out first. I hope he got some confidence back after beating Struve.

Back