Roy Nelson to take on Alistair Overeem at UFC 185 in Dallas (poll)

Good PPV so far, I root for Pettis but RDA is his toughest fight yet.

I pick big country over reem.

Reem has all the tools to win. He could keep range & out strike Nelson, ala Miocic, or he could look to control Nelson on the ground with his insane strength & possibly get a ground & pound KO. Of course, he has all the skills to land a KO on the feet as well, with pretty much any of his weapons, especially in the clinch. Truthfully, he's more talented in nearly ever area of the game. I could even see Overeem snagging a guillotine or an americana if he sees an opening.

That said, I will never feel safe picking Overeem to win a fight. Nelson is tough as hell & if it comes down to taking an uberknee to the jaw to land a glancing punch, Nelson will do it, and Reem will fall. I've got Nelson in this one.

Overseen should steamroll him yet he will probably get KO'd in the first

Its a good matchup, Overeem vs a gatekeeper level fighter like Nelson.

Reem chin isn't amazing and Roy is willing to weather a beating unless his chin has cracked

Very interesting match -first look it looks like a bad matchup for Alistair - a clash between one of the best chins in HW and prolly the worst one. Both guys prefer stand up and got serious knockout power, but! It's been a while since Alistair (T)Ko somebody with punches like Roy usually does because he is more technical striker and do not expose that hayemakers too often. Thus he probably won't finish Roy in 3 rounds just stand and trade punches when Roy can connect just one punch and it's lights out for Overeem. Thus by knowing Roy is no decorated wresler Overeem should utilize his nasty kicks much more in this fight either just to connect or to put the pressure on Roy to setup a clinch position where he could use his nasty knees and pure power to put Roy on the ground for GnP or submission. Actually I can see Alistair winning by submision in this fight. :p

PS:How many posts til no-white beltch?

I think Eco Reem avoids the big punch and wins 30-27.

I don't see Alistair apposing any threats besides the knees in the clinch going to say Nelson by via KO, Alistair's chin has been quite suspect at this stage of his career.

Overeem's best offense will be similar to that of his game plan against Lesnar.

If he can avoid the Big Country KO shot, expect a lot of fence hugging and knees.

lol shit, a HORRIBLE matchup for Overeem. The only worse matchup would be Hunt. I suspect Overeem to take it to the ground for 3 rounds.
Reem vs Hunt lasted about two mins last time they fought lol.

Not a good fight for Reem. Nelson would weather the storm and KO him. Jackson would need to come up with a plan for Reem that includes a lot of hugging and stalling to get a decision win. Lucky for them it is not more than 3 rounds

Back