Roy Nelson to take on Alistair Overeem at UFC 185 in Dallas (poll)

If Roy manages to touch Overeem's face with only 20% of his punching power... Reem will be in coma

Reem could use takedowns and try to control Roy on the ground. Thats his best chance.
Roy touches that chin it's nighty night Reem though.

I dunno, people here are saying that Nelson will KO Overeem, although I don't like both guys, I kind of don't see that happening.

Sure Roy has a great chin and great KO power. But Overeem has to survive one round of not getting KO'd by an overhand right and then just chip away at a gassed Roy who will be swinging with rights and an uppercut or two. If Reem paces himself.

Overeem for all his shortcomings has too many tools to lose to Roy. People will bring up Big Ben, but Ben is a bit more versatile than Roy and is just as durable and has better cardio. How ridiculous that may sound.

I picked Rothwell over Reem but for some reason I can't pick Roy over him. If Overeem fights smart he should win this.

hate big country and uberreem woulda beaten him, but at this point, Overreems shot chin will be his downfall

Very good fight, I think Overeem wins but not sure.

Awesome fight since both need a win badly to stay relevant. That said, I think this is a horrible matchup for Overeem. I can see him trying his new conservative approach to avoid the KO, but I think he'll struggle to get Nelson down and I doubt he wants to turn this into a ground fight. Conditioning also seems to be a tossup, so I'm guessing Overeem will tiptoe around the cage looking for an opportunity to land a big shot or push Roy against the cage for an uberknee. Nelson will likely take a few hard shots and then land one of his own to end it.

This is every overweight fan's dream matchup

Rooting for Nelson, picked Overeem. Really a coin toss, like most HW matchups with 2 guys who can put each other's lights out.

This has all the makings of Reem getting brutally KO'd but for some reason I think he'll beat Nelson

This is a dangerous fight for Overreem

High chance Overeem gets flatlined. Pretty good card thus far though.

I'd like to think Reem's stand up is too advanced for Roy's main stand up weapon, but if it lands even once, even just a grazing shot, Reem is getting KO'd no doubt. I want to believe in Reem, but think Roy gets it done.

The ufc must really want to scramble Overeems brain so he can't compete when he gets released.
Bigcountry via KO in the 1st

Did you folks see Roy and Bigfoot in the blockbuster hit Scorpion King 4, damn they were killing it. :icon_lol: Anyway interesting bout for AO and Roy. I was hoping to see AO vs JDS but oh well.

At this point, I put Roy as the heavy favorite. Pun intended.

Back