Roy Nelson Gets NO RESPECT...NONE

he gets as much respect as he deserves. He's a fringe top ten hw who's failed miserably every time he's been given the chance to step up.

If anything he's been overrated because his best victories are over mediocre heavies like a young Struve, a chinny Schaub and an awful Herman.

and a broken cro cop

yeah because he didn't get fights with Werdum, Dos Santos and Mir?

Do you actually care about actual facts or is your entire point to blame all the worlds faults on Dana White?

none of those were big fights at the time they took place (possibly mir.. def not the other two)

Co main event vs Werdum and Mir along with a coaching gig on TUF. Poor Roy.

good point about tuf.. forgot about that. this is the first season i didnt watch

oh you're right.. he should take the hardest possible route instead of doing himself a favor and becoming a company man.

did lesnar deserve the belt? no, and it makes a mockery of the whole thing. same exact situation with cain. same with carwin's interim belt.

if roy cut his hair, shaved his beard and started being a nice guy, dana would open doors for him

everything is not merit based. there's an easy way and a hard way

Lesnar got a title shot because he was a ppv draw and the other top contenders were coaching tuf.

Context you should learn what it means but go ahead and keep acting like Roy has been shat on because he and Dana don't like each other. Clearly it's that and not the fact he's a gatekeeper who loses to every top fighter he faces.

5lwgog.jpg

the fact that he gets Kod by arlovski and survives an onslaught by JDS shows that he has improved dude..

none of those were big fights at the time they took place (possibly mir.. def not the other two)

yeah co main events of ppvs against top 5 opponents aren't big fights lololololol

That is INSANE for how he has stood with the very best stand up heavyweight in history and didnt get finished

2h6et93.gif

beat cro cop

Who hasn't beaten over-the-hill Cro Cop?

his losses to werdum and mir were not pretty, but he didnt get finished!!

And that's all the matters?

Roy Nelson is a HELL OF A FIGHTER. HELL OF A FIGHTER. Top 10 heavy for sure

Nope, he's somewhere in the 11-15 range.

I just think real fight fans should give this guy the respect he deserves as a fighter.
Herp derp
I just think this guy gets no respect because of his looks and the way he brands himself as a fatty/joke/average joe. Hes not.

Thoughts?

WTF? Nelson gets too much praise. There were a number of threads jerking him off after he beat Mirione. One was even foolish enough to say he should be top 5 at HW.

ooook broh

dana fabricates legacies. like lesnar carwin being billed as a match up between two great fighters (one of them a great CHAMPION) who got the belt in the easiest run to the title in history. the only one with an even easier run to the title is cain velasquez.. who is still somehow being billed as a legit former champ and world beater

I like how you're focusing your argument on the HW division. The HW division has been really thin for a long time, and they kind of had to give out undeserved title shots along the way.

Listen to what people are telling you. If Roy could win big fights, then he'd get the bigger opportunities. He's been given opportunities before and he's come up short every time. He hasn't been able to win more than 2 fights in a row in the UFC, but you think he should be handed a title shot or something?

I like how you're focusing your argument on the HW division. The HW division has been really thin for a long time, and they kind of had to give out undeserved title shots along the way.

Listen to what people are telling you. If Roy could win big fights, then he'd get the bigger opportunities. He's been given opportunities before and he's come up short every time. He hasn't been able to win more than 2 fights in a row in the UFC, but you think he should be handed a title shot or something?

for some reason he seems to believe that Nelson vs JDS, Mir or Werdum were not big fights(Even though all were co main events on ppvs) yet goes on to state Nelson would get big fights if he kissed Dana's ass.

How you could argue that I do not understand.

Reading alot of these posts just proves my point on people hating because he is fat. Because hes a fatty doesnt mean he doesnt have a good work ethic, I think he has shown that with his fighting. Clearly the man has worked very hard on his stand up.
Most of those who said he gets the respect he deserves, happen to respect him themselves and that is why they feel that way. This guy is a great fighter and getting better.
And points on Dana hating him that I'v read are simply not true and I think its funny people actually believe that. Guys dana hates generally get cut and do not get Co-Main event fights and Coaching stints on TUF. Dana hating Roy is a good way to sell his fights and thats why they do that. Its promoting and more on the BRANDING aspect so many of you do not seem to really get. Dana doesnt say what he means most of the time, he says what will sell PPVs.

2h6et93.gif

Who hasn't beaten over-the-hill Cro Cop?

And that's all the matters?

Nope, he's somewhere in the 11-15 range.

WTF? Nelson gets too much praise. There were a number of threads jerking him off after he beat Mirione. One was even foolish enough to say he should be top 5 at HW.

like look at this guy.
You seemed to disregard the whole thing about his not taking his stand up seriously b4 2009, Looked up with the AA fight was. and that he was winning that fight before a BS stand up. You dont seriously think that AA is the best striker in MMA history do you? Thats the only guy who KOed him, and it wassnt very lagit to be fair to him. Roy was in good shape b4 a BS stand up. But just take my points out of context and post on them. No disrespect to AA tho, he did KO a man with a great chin, but he was not the same guy who fought JDS, Mir, or Werdum. AA is a boss in his own right.

Of course thats not all that matters, but it shows heart and many guys you rank ahead of roy wouldnt last more then a few wins with JDS.

11-15? lol. Post your top then then. Please. Ur the type I was taking about in my original post.

No respect.

And alot of the too much praise, are guys that think its funny that he wins because hes fat and I dont like that ether. They are trolls. Top 5? no way. People like some fat guy Finished a former kick boxing champ, NFL football players, Kimbo, Some 7 foot dude, ect. But the fact is, hes a great mixed martial artest and should be regared as such.

(not at these quotes) Again funny rereading other posts seeing how people do not understand how good he is at brading.

Big Country the pound for pound Rodney Dangerfield of MMA

Roy is a top 10 in the UFC for sure. He would get more respect if he would take his diet a little more serious and lose the fat. I think he's in fine cardio shape and haven't noticed him gassing from being fat. But until he gets in top shape he's really not living up to his potential IMO.
He should add muscle and lose some fat and he'd get more respect.

Y'know, you're right. Homer Simpson never gets any respect EITHER!

We should start a support group...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back