Roy Nelson Gets NO RESPECT...NONE

Dana White had little to nothing to do with Anderson or Jones becoming superstars. If anything both have stood up to Dana far more than less talented fighters have.

Fans are the ones who decide who is or who is not a star and Nelson doesn't have the skills to be a superstar.

dana had everything to do with chuck liddell, randy couture, forrest griffen, rashad evans, cain velasquez, shane carwin, etc.. the list goes on for fucking ever

dana lays down the easy way to victory for guys that toe the line (even if they have mediocre talent or gaping holes in their game)

i respect him as a fighter just not much else

dana had everything to do with chuck liddell, randy couture, forrest griffen, rashad evans, cain velasquez, shane carwin, etc.. the list goes on for fucking ever

dana lays down the easy way to victory for guys that toe the line (even if they have mediocre talent or gaping holes in their game)

lol at Rashad getting easy victories. Literally everyone was picking Chuck to beat him and literally everyone thought Rampage was going to beat Forrest.

The same thing was thought about Randy when he came back to fight sylvia. Go ahead and revise history if you like but once again your opinion does not represent everyone's.

Silva, Gsp and Jones have made themselves popular by beating nearly all the top fighters in their division. No one is ordering their ppvs because of Dana.

This sounds like some dumb ass conspiracy theory from a boxing nuthugger or Pride fanboy.

"Don't write him off cause he's fat"

Tells me all I need to know about your physical fitness.

lol at Rashad getting easy victories. Literally everyone was picking Chuck to beat him and literally everyone thought Rampage was going to beat Forrest.

The same thing was thought about Randy when he came back to fight sylvia. Go ahead and revise history if you like but once again your opinion does not represent everyone's.

Silva, Gsp and Jones have made themselves popular by beating nearly all the top fighters in their division. No one is ordering their ppvs because of Dana.

This sounds like some dumb ass conspiracy theory from a boxing nuthugger or Pride fanboy.

ooook broh

dana fabricates legacies. like lesnar carwin being billed as a match up between two great fighters (one of them a great CHAMPION) who got the belt in the easiest run to the title in history. the only one with an even easier run to the title is cain velasquez.. who is still somehow being billed as a legit former champ and world beater

ooook broh

dana fabricates legacies. like lesnar carwin being billed as a match up between two great fighters (one of them a great CHAMPION) who got the belt in the easiest run to the title in history. the only one with an even easier run to the title is cain velasquez.. who is still somehow being billed as a legit former champ and world beater

Omg a promoter hyped a fight? No way has this ever happened before?

What? Everybody loves Roy Nelson but people also know he isn't going to be champion.
Good fighter, will never be cut, will always have entertaining fights but that's it.

Omg a promoter hyped a fight? No way has this ever happened before?

which was my whole point to begin with

if nelson wants respect, he has to toe the line. period.

if he becomes a company man and gets his head out of his ass, dana will start promoting him and turn him into a star

Big country will fight for the belt after his next victory

if he becomes a company man and gets his head out of his ass, dana will start promoting him and turn him into a star

no he doesn't. Anderson Silva has never been confused with being a company man and neither has Brock or Jon Jones. In fact Dana has talked on multiple occasions about Silva and Lesnar being extremely difficult.

They hype guys who sell ppvs. Nelson fails to sell ppvs because he's a gatekeeper. Not being a company man has nothing to do with him not getting a ton of respect. Getting the shit beat out of him by Dos Santos, Mir and Werdum does.

Or you know, win a big fight.

The facebook weight lose is some shi$, I really believe that he was taking that serious (sorry for the english)

Lost respect when he pulled that lhw shit to get fans.

Add in the fact he loses to every big name he fights then beats a Schuab or a old cro cop and I hear all the sherdog talk about him being 1 fight away from a title shot

I was introduced to Roy Nelson as a contestant in TUF 10. I decided I was not a fan when he told other contestants that they didn't need to do more than wimpy pillow punches to score points - that it didn't matter if they did any damage. I don't respect that sort of attitude in a fighter.

His stint as a coach on TUF only reinforced that he has a bad attitude towards fighting. I didn't respect how he coached. I didn't respect how he didn't listen to his fighters, how he passed the buck on deciding fights, how he whined about a scale not working AFTER it was too late to affect anything and only after his guy lost etc. He did a great disservice to his fighters on that show.

So stop with the BS about people only disliking him because of his weight. I dislike his attitude - it has nothing to do with his weight.

tough to get a big fight when dana hates you

yeah because he didn't get fights with Werdum, Dos Santos and Mir?

Do you actually care about actual facts or is your entire point to blame all the worlds faults on Dana White?

no he doesn't. Anderson Silva has never been confused with being a company man and neither has Brock or Jon Jones. In fact Dana has talked on multiple occasions about Silva and Lesnar being extremely difficult.

They hype guys who sell ppvs. Nelson fails to sell ppvs because he's a gatekeeper. Not being a company man has nothing to do with him not getting a ton of respect. Getting the shit beat out of him by Dos Santos, Mir and Werdum does.

oh you're right.. he should take the hardest possible route instead of doing himself a favor and becoming a company man.

did lesnar deserve the belt? no, and it makes a mockery of the whole thing. same exact situation with cain. same with carwin's interim belt.

if roy cut his hair, shaved his beard and started being a nice guy, dana would open doors for him

everything is not merit based. there's an easy way and a hard way

Back