Roy Nelson Gets NO RESPECT...NONE

That's because he is fat and gross. If he was ripped and good looking, people would like him. Sorry but it's true. haha

He is over rated, no top ten wins, and his skills are limited.

He gets the respect he deserves already. Everyone already respects his chin, power, and skills on the ground. It's his work ethic and attitude towards fighting that leaves something to be desired. He's definitely a top 10 heavyweight but I doubt he'll ever be champion.

Title says it all...

this guy didnt start really working on his stand up till 2009... 2009!!!!

That is INSANE for how he has stood with the very best stand up heavyweight in history and didnt get finished, beat cro cop(say what you want about him being washed up, roy had only been working on his stand up for like 2 years at the time of the fight and still won! didnt get outclassed in the standup!!!!), his losses to werdum and mir were not pretty, but he didnt get finished!! That is impressive. Looked fine in the stand up vs Mir too IMO, he just got out outwrestled which was more surprising to see him raggdolled.

If this guy looked the part, he would be getting all sorts of love for not getting finished and being able to stand in there against the best, but because hes a fatty, people write him off as a joke.

Roy Nelson is a HELL OF A FIGHTER. HELL OF A FIGHTER. Top 10 heavy for sure, and idc what anyone says, hes only getting better. People who say AA KedhimTFO dont realise, he wassnt going hard in his stand up at the point in his career, and hell Roy was winning that before the BS stand up!

Just want to give this guy props as a heavyweight. Get his fatty rep out of your heads boys. The guy knows how to BRAND and is very good at it, which is why he is popular. I just think real fight fans should give this guy the respect he deserves as a fighter. Not saying he is a GOAT or top 5, but top 10 for sure and seems to be getting better.

Dont write him off cause he fat

and before you call me some fat guy whos on his bandwaggon for that, I weigh in at 160 and im 5'11. I just think this guy gets no respect because of his looks and the way he brands himself as a fatty/joke/average joe. Hes not.

Thoughts?

with all due respect cro cop blew out his bicept before the fight and outstruck roy with one arm(the same reason he couldn't defend the takedown). roy has been improving and that combo on matt was nice though. happy to see him win because i hate mitrione.

first of all you are an idiot. second of all i dont want to waste my breath telling you why. good day sir, good day....
I like how you quote me and not the guy who actually posted it and then refuse to argue valid points that alot of people feel are accurate (its hard to get top level respect when you have a shitty attitude).
Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpg

That's because he is fat and gross. If he was ripped and good looking, people would like him. Sorry but it's true. haha

yeah because no one like Hunt or Fedor. clearly they are two of the least popular fighters ever.

he gets as much respect as he deserves. He's a fringe top ten hw who's failed miserably every time he's been given the chance to step up.

If anything he's been overrated because his best victories are over mediocre heavies like a young Struve, a chinny Schaub and an awful Herman.

This.

he gets as much respect as he deserves. He's a fringe top ten hw who's failed miserably every time he's been given the chance to step up.

If anything he's been overrated because his best victories are over mediocre heavies like a young Struve, a chinny Schaub and an awful Herman.

Don't forget Kimbo

OH AND CROCOP... who apparently counts for less than Herman on here these days? Sad.

amazing fighter and one hell of a chin

hes a great gatekeeper for the HW division

Don't forget Kimbo

OH AND CROCOP... who apparently counts for less than Herman on here these days? Sad.

forget what? He beat the shell of Crocop. A guy who hadn't had a decent win in almost 5 years.

Crocop got ko'd by Brendan Schaub. That tells you how fall Crocop had fallen.

He had my respect until I watched him coach on TUF.

He's pretty much Michael Bisping without the talent and desire.

Title says it all...

this guy didnt start really working on his stand up till 2009... 2009!!!!

That is INSANE for how he has stood with the very best stand up heavyweight in history and didnt get finished, beat cro cop(say what you want about him being washed up, roy had only been working on his stand up for like 2 years at the time of the fight and still won! didnt get outclassed in the standup!!!!), his losses to werdum and mir were not pretty, but he didnt get finished!! That is impressive. Looked fine in the stand up vs Mir too IMO, he just got out outwrestled which was more surprising to see him raggdolled.

If this guy looked the part, he would be getting all sorts of love for not getting finished and being able to stand in there against the best, but because hes a fatty, people write him off as a joke.

Roy Nelson is a HELL OF A FIGHTER. HELL OF A FIGHTER. Top 10 heavy for sure, and idc what anyone says, hes only getting better. People who say AA KedhimTFO dont realise, he wassnt going hard in his stand up at the point in his career, and hell Roy was winning that before the BS stand up!

Just want to give this guy props as a heavyweight. Get his fatty rep out of your heads boys. The guy knows how to BRAND and is very good at it, which is why he is popular. I just think real fight fans should give this guy the respect he deserves as a fighter. Not saying he is a GOAT or top 5, but top 10 for sure and seems to be getting better.

Dont write him off cause he fat

and before you call me some fat guy whos on his bandwaggon for that, I weigh in at 160 and im 5'11. I just think this guy gets no respect because of his looks and the way he brands himself as a fatty/joke/average joe. Hes not.

Thoughts?

Roy isn't a joke but he doesn't deserve as much overall respect as he does for his skill because he is unhealthy. He's a professional athlete but is fatter than probably 80% of the people watching him fight. He said that he doesn't look like other ufc fighters because he's just not built that way. That is complete bullshit. You're a UFC fighter and you come in morbidly obese? What does that say about his attitude that he is one of the fattest professional athletes in the history of sports? He ought to be fighting at middleweight.

"if he cut his hair, i would like him" lol

you sound like my girlfriend watching Dancing with the Stars.

no offense, of course :)

i didnt say that. i like him fine

his problem is that he acts like doesnt give a shit (and comes off as an asshole)

if you want to be successful working for a big company, you have to be a company man and toe the line. talent will only get you so far

superstars in the ufc are built by dana white himself. if he wants dana to make him a star, he has to act like he wants him to. talent isnt enough. it's not a real sport, it's sports entertainment

i didnt say that. i like him fine

his problem is that he acts like doesnt give a shit (and comes off as an asshole)

if you want to be successful working for a big company, you have to be a company man and toe the line. talent will only get you so far

superstars in the ufc are built by dana white himself. if he wants dana to make him a star, he has to act like he wants him to. talent isnt enough. it's not a real sport, it's sports entertainment

Dana White had little to nothing to do with Anderson or Jones becoming superstars. If anything both have stood up to Dana far more than less talented fighters have.

Fans are the ones who decide who is or who is not a star and Nelson doesn't have the skills to be a superstar.

Back