Roy is just a risky match up for anyone

didn't read the thread, but Meathead didn't get a full camp. dunno how short the notice was, but he wasn't fully prepared and fought Nelson anyways props to him. He's not bad in the stand-up from what I've seen and has power, but he's new to the game and his grappling/wrestling is still green.

Props to Nelson for actually getting a win though. Seems like it's been a long time for him.

And I'm hearing Hunt's name dropped a lot for Nelson next. Nelson better be able to get, keep, and submit Hunt on the ground or he's going to look like Del Rosario did against Barry. Nelson has nothing in the stand-up for Hunt. He might very well die if he decides to fight that one standing

I actually think mitrione is the better pure striker then Roy, But roy is so dangerous his power is incredible and if anyone comes with the wrong game plan they are in trouble. I think roy can beat anyone in the world if they don't play there cards right werdum and mir and jds showed how to beat roy and that's to beat him technically or just overpower him i.e mir.

Matt was doing it how i thought he should of at first keeping distance use speed but then he started to slung with him and that's bad news. Roy reminds me of a BJJ shane carwin great base but uses his hands more both are average strikers that if you slug it out with them your at risk you need to out strike these guys using skill.

Matt got knocked the fuck out despite being much faster than Roy.He should have kept circled the side, use his speed advantage to outwork Nelson. You don't brawl with that unless you have an iron chin.

Great job by the big man, though.

Back