Roy is just a risky match up for anyone

Ryanr1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I actually think mitrione is the better pure striker then Roy, But roy is so dangerous his power is incredible and if anyone comes with the wrong game plan they are in trouble. I think roy can beat anyone in the world if they don't play there cards right werdum and mir and jds showed how to beat roy and that's to beat him technically or just overpower him i.e mir.

Matt was doing it how i thought he should of at first keeping distance use speed but then he started to slung with him and that's bad news. Roy reminds me of a BJJ shane carwin great base but uses his hands more both are average strikers that if you slug it out with them your at risk you need to out strike these guys using skill.

Last edited:
Mitrione is not a better striker than Roy, what are you even saying?

Mitrione is terrible, he thinks WAY too highly of himself. He thinks he's some MMA hybrid athlete like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva or something. He is not.

Mitrione is not a better striker than Roy, what are you even saying?

Mitrione is terrible, he thinks WAY too highly of himself. He thinks he's some MMA hybrid athlete like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva or something. He is not.

lol terrible, He has never really been outstruck he has quick movement long limbs and uses his striking really well. he outstruck roy in the fight but stood there stupidly and got caught. Matt is a good striker but tends to enjoy a good slug.

I agree ts. He's not an elite HW, but he has good power, awesome chin, and decent cardio. He can hang in the fight and can knock almost anyone out.

The thing is, I don't think Mitrione went in there with the wrong gameplan. He was actually doing rather well, Roy is just unhumanly tough.

Nelson is an excellent fighter. I'd like to see him rematch Mir.

His timing is awesome. I was surprised at him going so hard so early I was wondering if his cardio was gonna hold.

Nelson's chin is fucking iron...plus that punch and the combo that went with it were amazing. Roy is really dangerous in the HW division and should've won KO of the night last night.

Mitrione's mental game is pretty weak. I remember watching him on TUF, one of these guys that are constantly looking for a way out.
I dunno for you but I literally saw him getting scared and anxious and soon after that quitting...all of that in 1 RD

Yeah he is a risky match up. He is extremely hard to put away and can land that big right hand almost every moment. He has been destroyed by Werdum and JDS but you can never count him out. All it takes is one shot.

He's dangerous to any of the mid-tier guys. But he had nothing for JDS, Mir or Werdum. But he can beat the lower ranked guys and go the distance with the top of the food chain guys (because he is so damn durable) so he's a valuable guy to have around

Mitrione is good, but he stood right in front of Nelson. You don't do that unless you have Nelson's chin. Like Werdum, for example!

I see Cain completely beating up Nelson. I also see Frank wrestlefucking him again, as long as Frank keeps working on his takedowns.

JDS and Reem both outstrike Nelson as well

lol terrible, He has never really been outstruck he has quick movement long limbs and uses his striking really well. he outstruck roy in the fight but stood there stupidly and got caught. Matt is a good striker but tends to enjoy a good slug.

Mitrione is highly overrated, IMO. TS has a good point that Nelson is a good matchup for anyone. I would say the same about Daniel Cormier. It will be great seeing Cormier in the UFC!

Roy is better than most want to give him credit for.

He's right around top 5 HW, maybe 6 or 7 but definitely in the top 10

one of my friends that doesn't even do bjj talks alot of shit and thinks he can sub blue belts lol and he has the exact same look on his face as mitrione, even same build he reminds me of him so much.

That right uppercut countering Mitrione's straight was beautiful.

Mitrione is highly overrated, IMO. TS has a good point that Nelson is a good matchup for anyone. I would say the same about Daniel Cormier. It will be great seeing Cormier in the UFC!

Eh, i think he's appropriately rated. Before he lost to Kongo he was overrated due to Sherdog's man crush on NFL athletes, but his hype has long cooled since then.

Eh, i think he's appropriately rated. Before he lost to Kongo he was overrated due to Sherdog's man crush on NFL athletes, but his hype has long cooled since then.

Come, there was still many people who claimed Nelson shouldn't try to stand with Mitrione and that Roy's only way to win was by sub. There are still plenty retards who would suck the dick of any guy that was at some point in the NFL. Superior athleticism, dangerous stand-up and iron chin my ass.

Mitrione did better than I expected with some really good kicks but the only guy he beat that wasn't cut or retired afterwards is Morecraft, who has a glorious 1-3 records in the UFC with three KO losses. That hype drives me so crazy it makes me sound like a pitiful hater...

I really like Mitrione, but he is not that good. He can certainly get better but he chose to do the worst thing possible that in he could do with Roy and that is brawl. It seems to me like he could be picking up some skills with the blackzilians but have we seen one fighter from that camp implement a good game plan yet? Maybe they need to work on game planning over there.

Back