Rousey getting stomped by Taurasi in best female athlete bracket

Oh why don't you just say so....

Twitter followers doesn't mean shit,do you follow everyone you know ?

Twitter followers mean everything these days, it's how you measure popularity in 2015.
How are you claiming Taurasi is more popular than Rousey if you're not looking at twitter/facebook?

lol @ mma fans wanting non mma athletes to win over mma athletes. Talk about self loathing and inferiority complexes

Twitter followers mean everything these days, it's how you measure popularity in 2015.
How are you claiming Taurasi is more popular than Rousey if you're not looking at twitter/facebook?

Because when people discuss basketball,once in a while they wonder who the GOAT in Womens basketball as well..... thats how most NBA followers find out about Taurasi.

Same logic goes for MMA-WMMA,except %5000 less people follow MMA,so less people know.

So this is a vote to determine who people think is the greatest female athlete of all time? And Ronda Rousey - a cagefighter - is in the top 8? What point is TS trying to make?

The point is clear. Ronda is getting stomped by a relative nobody in what is essentially a voting contest based on popularity. (I don't think they get an actual award for this, like an ESPY. This is only shown on ESPNW, ESPN's website that covers Women's sports)

I think the Russian basketball connection explains it though. They aren't many people aware of this poll, and Women's International Basketball is more respected. Those fans probably have lot of time on their hands as well.

- Shelly Ann Fraser Price has 2 Olympic Golds. 2 Olympic Silvers,. 7 World Championship golds. Her competition is 189 Countries with between 50-100 ranked sprinters per country. So well over 1500 ranked competitors.

Her personal best for the 100m is 10.70.

- He is one of that fastest players in Australia's National Rugby League. He ran 11.20. Over half a second behind Shelly's best.

- He has just gone over to the United States as a rookie for San Fran 49ers. He's never played NFL in his life.

His speed and athleticism is enough to do this against the "A level athletes of the NFL"

Her most recent 100m world championship victory: The depth is immense and this is just the final.

k19iee.jpg

She isn't even on the list. I can see arguments for why if they actually had a legitimate list but these things are always bogus. Compared to some of the 'All time' stars they've listed - Pryce classes and classes above.

11.20 isn't special at all for a male sprinter high school kids run that all the time and are no where near the best in their state let alone the country or world for their age bracket. Hayne isn't the fast guy in the NFL or even the fastest guy on his team. He runs well because he has an unorthodox style and can make people miss with minor athletic moves that sprinters couldn't pull off without their knee exploding. His speed hurts him on the back end of runs because as apparent in your gifs he gets run down after he breaks into the open.

Just because you can't run as fast as a professional sprinter doesn't mean your a bad athlete. Hayne can do a million things better than a sprinter can do. And there are defiantly guys in the NFL right now who can run a 10.70 or better.

The point is clear. Ronda is getting stomped by a relative nobody in what is essentially a voting contest based on popularity. (I don't think they get an actual award for this, like an ESPY. This is only shown on ESPNW, ESPN's website that covers Women's sports)

I think the Russian basketball connection explains it though. They aren't many people aware of this poll, and Women's International Basketball is more respected. Those fans probably have lot of time on their hands as well.

Taurasi PLAYS for them. So the Russian vote Taurasi is getting is even more legit than Hardcore Ronda fans voting for Ronda.

It is ridiculous Ronda got that far, even Taurasi shoulda lost to Billie Jean King but she still beats out Ronda.

Not a hater, it's just the way it should be IMO.

Serena got it on lock.

His speed and athleticism is enough to do this against the "A level athletes of the NFL"

To those who aren't following the NFL, Jarryd Hayne is not destroying "A level athletes of the NFL" like this poster is implying. He is facing practice squad guys, many that are unlikely to even play a single NFL game. If he does make the team, it's likely his role would be as a punt returner. (Which is not a prestigious role)

Taurasi actually has respectable competition in her field

Can't believe Flo Jo is on there. The luckiest drugs cheat in athletics history. Average sprinter for her whole career, then suddenly destroys the world record out of nowhere one year, with a time that no one has even got close to since. Then, the following year at 28 retires randomly, just before random drug testing was to be introduced due to the Ben Johnson scandal... Even her own team mates called her a cheat. End rant haha

Back on topic. I do believe Ronda has the talent to be an all time great one day, but I didn't vote for her because she has only had 12 fights. She shouldn't win against athletes who have racked up hundreds of victories and years of dominance into their respective sports.

Masae Ueno won 2 World Championships and 2 Olympic Games. That's relatively clear cut.

My point however was more so regarding the poll in general. Half of those women shouldn't be there. America does it in mens polls as well. We get these random American athletes and they disregard athletes beating global competition.

I'm from Australia and we do the same thing in Australian run polls. Random cricketers , Rugby League players and Surfers are thrown in the mix when in reality

To those who aren't following the NFL, Jarryd Hayne is not destroying "A level athletes of the NFL" like this poster is implying. He is facing practice squad guys, many that are unlikely to even play a single NFL game. If he does make the team, it's likely his role would be as a punt returner. (Which is not a prestigious role)

Not even practice squad guys, it's mainly 3rd stringers who will be cut. He may not even make the roster

I'm surprised people know a lot of the women on these bracket. I didn't even bother looking at it because I knew 90% of the names would be unfamiliar to me.

I'm surprised people know a lot of the women on these bracket. I didn't even bother looking at it because I knew 90% of the names would be unfamiliar to me.

People who grew up athletes and watching lots of sports and Olympics know all of them. Most sherdog posters are non athletes with poor general sports knowledge so no surprise

Back