Rousey getting stomped by Taurasi in best female athlete bracket

WMMA is considered a joke and not even MMA fans respect the sport. Most consider it a parasite of the UFC and wouldn't watch the fights even if they were free.

yet ronda is about to break the ufc attendance record.

I voted Taurus out of spite. Don't even know what she does.

57 - 43 now. Not so much of a difference.

Have no clue who the other chick is, voted for Ronda.

59% - 41% - Right Now.... Clearly a Russian hacker has set up an IP spoofing program that votes for the basketball player continuously.

America isn't the world. Ronda's better at Judo than MMA. She wasn't the best at Judo. American doesn't = the world. Dozens of athletes globally are superior to Ronda at sports with deeper talent pools.

BUT

America isn't the world. Ronda's better at Judo than MMA. She wasn't the best at Judo. American doesn't = the world. Dozens of athletes globally are superior to Ronda at sports with deeper talent pools.

BUT

I am still surprised by this. To those unfamiliar with WNBA, it is considered a joke and not even NBA fans respect the sport. Most consider it a parasite of the NBA and wouldn't go to the games even if they were free. No one even cares about during the Olympics / World Cup, like soccer. I would consider losing in any way to any Basketball "star" getting stomped.
Same could be said about wmma

Lol at all the people bragging they don't know Taurasi yet she's kicking Rondas ass in what is essentially a popularity contest. More proof MMA fans are not sports fans. Just wwe kids.

Heres a clue to you. No one in the grand scheme gives a shit about MMA. It's biggest star is a women who is losing to one of the most irrelevant women sports in the us.

they couldnt have used a more flattering photo of ronda there.

Lol at all the people bragging they don't know Taurasi yet she's kicking Rondas ass in what is essentially a popularity contest. More proof MMA fans are not sports fans. Just wwe kids.

Heres a clue to you. No one in the grand scheme gives a shit about MMA. It's biggest star is a women who is losing to one of the most irrelevant women sports in the us.

I don't know a single person that watches MMA aside from my brother. Almost everyone I know knows of Ronda Rousey. Any time I mention being excited for a fight they ask me if Ronda is fighting. The only other fighter a few of them know is Conor.

How the hell did she beat Joyner Kersee? Weird she beat Jackie but is losing to Diana Taurasi.

Joyner Kersee is a much more famous and respected athlete than Taurasi, and I'm sure she made a lot more money than Taurasi. Hell, Ronda probably makes more than Taurasi ever did.

Shows that this poll is a random clusterf***. Meaningless really. Nobody doing this for real would put Joyner Kersee below either Taurasi or Ronda.

Lots of russians voting, obviously. The poll was probably linked in some russian news site.

Russians are voting because she is playing in UMMC Ekaterinburg,best womens basketball team in Europe. She is kinda big in Russia.

Also pretty much anyone in Europe who is interested in basketball knows about her. or in America.

Last edited:
That whole poll is riddled with American athletes that no one outside of the US knows or cares two shits about, especially the WNBA ones. And Griffith Joyner beating Comaneci lmao. Griffith Joyner should be no where near a best athlete poll for extremely obvious reasons.

Weird she beat Jackie but is losing to Diana Taurasi.

Nothing weird about that,not even close. Legit no one knows who Ronda is, its all illusion UFC is trying to make. At least %90 of the basketball fans know who Taurasi is, Which is a very high percent of America.

Trust me,if you could see the actual popularity difference between Taurasi and Ronda,you would be highly surprised. Taurasi will win this bracket easily,even without the need of a social media reinforcement from WNBA.

Joyner Kersee is a much more famous and respected athlete than Taurasi
Respected,maybe. Famous ? Hell no. Every single human being in America who knows about a non-all star NBA player also knows about Taurasi.

Hell, Ronda probably makes more than Taurasi ever did.

True.

Shows that this poll is a random clusterf***. Meaningless really.

What exactly shows that ? People are rightfully making their picks,which is the purpose of a poll.

Last edited:
Can you really say there's a best in judo? I agree Ronda wasn't the absolute best, I think she accomplished more by 21 than her contemporaries but she wasn't THE best against those she competed against.

However is there anyone who stands out from her competition to the point that she is undoubtedly the best female judoka in the world?

Masae Ueno won 2 World Championships and 2 Olympic Games. That's relatively clear cut.

My point however was more so regarding the poll in general. Half of those women shouldn't be there. America does it in mens polls as well. We get these random American athletes and they disregard athletes beating global competition.

I'm from Australia and we do the same thing in Australian run polls. Random cricketers , Rugby League players and Surfers are thrown in the mix when in reality

Babe Didrikson should win it all, imo.

Back