Rousey getting stomped by Taurasi in best female athlete bracket

(By the way,your post is terrible at suggesting Bird is "better" than Durant,unless you talk about skills.)

It is better rebounder, better passer, great scorer against handcheking and as efficient as (50-40-90), and most importantly, it has the highest basketball IQ ever

The idea that the Olympics are an amateur event is in general a myth. A lot of the sports absolutely have access to better training facilities, have more funding, and better sponsorship deals than everyone in the UFC bar maybe a couple. Some countries even have elite training programs from childhood for their chosen sports. The UFC doesn't have anywhere near the same level of talent that you'd get in some of these sports, and since their fighters are essentially independent, they can't finance the same quality of training programs the Olympians receive (you won't find many Dolce's in Olympic training programs for example). One day hopefully but, not now that's for sure.

Olympic sports have massively more talent than MMA. Athletics in New South Wales [One state of Australia] alone has over 100,000 kids participating in track and field from the age of 6-16.

That number in one Australian state [just with kids] is more than the entire worlds population of MMA fighters.

MMA is probably my favourite sport but I'm under no illusion that mens MMA has probably the shallowest depth pool of any male sport on the planet. WMMA easily has the lowest of any female sport.

Mens MMA has 2500 ranked fighters globally [Total - All divisions]. And approaching 5000 registered fighters [In total]. In Comparison New Zealand Rugby has 146,000 registered Rugby players [in NZ alone].

Women's MMA has just over 100 ranked fighters globally. It has just on 300 registered fighters [300 people on the entire planet]. It barely constitutes a sport. Women's football in New South Wales, Australia alone has 64,000 registered female soccer players.

I love MMA but lets not get carried away with it's level. It's talent pool is microscopic.

lol! For some sports yes, for many sports no they barely receive any funding. Any real sport you're far better off in the pros. Olympics are a joke filled with a bunch of people you've never heard of and won't remember three weeks after it's done.
Who knew Rousey's name when she won her bronze? Not a single person

Some of the Olympic sports are a joke [Well a lot to be honest]. When I think of the Olympics I think of the staple sports.

In terms of knowing someone's name that's all marketing. Kim Kardashian has a pretty big name too. Says nothing about skill level in any particular area [outside getting attention].

It is better rebounder, better passer, great scorer against handcheking and as efficient as (50-40-90), and most importantly, it has the highest basketball IQ ever

This is better.

lol! For some sports yes, for many sports no they barely receive any funding. Any real sport you're far better off in the pros. Olympics are a joke filled with a bunch of people you've never heard of and won't remember three weeks after it's done.
Who knew Rousey's name when she won her bronze? Not a single person

So basically your saying, I P0rkchop don't know some of these sports therefore they suck. You seem to be using an subjective rationale for an objective argument. There are a lot of Olympic sports that have the things I mentioned. It will vary depending on the nation. Some favour individual athletic performance over actual specific sports, some have funding and programs for specific sports. A sport "Murica" might think isn't a "real sport" might be a national sport in another country and will get access to the best funding and facilities.

A lot of sports fans Knew of Ronda as a Judoka, but she wasn't the best or ever going to be so of course she wouldn't receive a ton of hype. She's a bad example anyway, as there is no one with her level of popularity at the moment.

Like I said, it was just an example.

(By the way,your post is terrible at suggesting Bird is "better" than Durant,unless you talk about skills.)

(Sorry for the minor derail but...)

KD is the bomb, but put him in a game with hand checking and minimal fouls from body contact on the perimeter and he isn't nearly as effective.

They've changed the rules in the NBA to favor offense so much that I honestly believe that more than half of the current "all stars" would get slaughtered under the old rules (written and unwritten).

Honestly, how long would Russell Westbrook last when THIS is a common foul?

Bird had to eat fouls like this....

So yah, I'd take Bird over KD.

Is it bad that I had to google Taurasi? Do most people know who she is?

Yup, had to google her as well. You can be damn sure that extremely few people outside 'Murica gives a single fuck about women's basketball.

Btw, this Taurasi individual beat Billie Jean King in the last round, let's not pretend King isn't by faaaaar the more well-known individual, or better athlete for that matter.

This...without a doubt!!!

People forget how great Larry Bird was due to the fact that he wasn't flashy and didn't do 360 degrees dunks!

Larry Bird...most underated name in the NBA! That's right, you heard me!

As far as Ronda and Taurasi...at this point Taurasi deserves to be ahead, but do this poll in a few years, especially if Ronda continues down the path she's on, I'd say Ronda hands down!

Another thing you have to remember is...just about every other name on those brackets have had full careers, or at the age where their best days are behind them.

Ronda is probably the only one actually still in her prime and with the ability to continue to get better!

In my opinion, Serena should be the winner and how she continues to play at such a high level to this day, is simply amazing and unheard of at her age!

Back