Round Three - Battle 26 - Old School Hip Hop Groups: BEASTIE BOYS vs. CYPRESS HILL

tough choice.
today, i'll vote CH.
if i were asked next week, it could very well be BB getting the vote.

This poll is even more bullshit than BTNH losing to CH.

I've never seen the appeal of the Beastie Boys. It's just a bunch of dudes yelling in annoying voices. Good beats, but terrible rapping/delivery.

The problem with this bracket is all the white people with no taste in hiphop will pick the beastie boys...just horrible. Every song is a punched in line.

The problem with this bracket is all the white people with no taste in hiphop will pick the beastie boys...just horrible. Every song is a punched in line.

I didn't want to say it...

White racist checking in.

220px-CypressHill3TemplesOfBoom.jpg

Nice to see this at least close. I'd have to toss a vote twards the B-Boys myself here, even tho Cypress for me is right up there too. Nothing better hip-hop wise to get high to than some Cypress Temples of Boom

I love stoner music for obvious reasons and Cypress Hill is in my top 3 groups for that category.

This poll is bullllllllllshiiiiiiiiiittttttttt

Right okay. So you guys wanted a bunch of mismatches straight a way?

yes that's how brackets work... the 1st rd is always mismatches so the strong play on from the next rounds and so on. That's how all brackets are.

That is a Wu-Tang and Cypress HIll collabo ^ what's your point?

When I hear Kill Hill I think of Wutang's neighborhood/projects Stapelton/Park Hill
I guess some people hear Killa Hill and think Cypress hill???

The point was to enlighten you as to who the guy you quoted was alluding to.

I didn't want to say it...

For the record, I'm white (and Jewish like the Beastie Boys) and I still know they suck. I think it's a matter of bad taste, not race.

yes that's how brackets work... the 1st rd is always mismatches so the strong play on from the next rounds and so on. That's how all brackets are.

Fair enough. Well I honestly thought Public Enemy would have killed Beastie Boys in the poll, didn't think it would have been close. But damn, was I wrong.

I've never seen the appeal of the Beastie Boys. It's just a bunch of dudes yelling in annoying voices. Good beats, but terrible rapping/delivery.

The real problem is people like the two of you, thinking that the Beastie Boys were strictly rappers. Or strictly a hip-hop group.

They made music, they didn't just rap and they sure as hell didn't stick to just hip-hop.

Bottom line, the Beastie Boys as musicians are more talented than either Cypress Hill or PE.

The real problem is people like the two of you, thinking that the Beastie Boys were strictly rappers. Or strictly a hip-hop group.

They made music, they didn't just rap and they sure as hell didn't stick to just hip-hop.

I never said that.

Bottom line, the Beastie Boys as musicians are more talented than either Cypress Hill or PE.

While you're not completely wrong, this is a battle related to Hip Hop and thus that is the metric of evaluation, so your point about genre transcendence is irrelevant. For whatever it's worth, I'd rather listen to Beastie Boys instrumentals than Cypress Hill, but the second the Beastie Boys start "vocalizing", it's all downhill from there. TBH, I think Cypress Hill is pretty meh, but they got my vote via being less annoying.

The point was to enlighten you as to who the guy you quoted was alluding to.

By posting a song of Cypress Hill featuring Wutang???

When he stated Then Killa Hill ___ I'm pretty sure he meant Cypress HIll.
I only asked him if he meant WuTang to remind him that

Killa HIll = WuTang not Cypress HIll

YOU Have Just Been Enlightened

Your Welcome

Back