Round Three - Battle 26 - Old School Hip Hop Groups: BEASTIE BOYS vs. CYPRESS HILL

I can see The Beastie Boys giving NWA and WuTang
a run for their money on this forum.

lol

By posting a song of Cypress Hill featuring Wutang???

Correct. As you stated, you were pretty sure he meant Cypress Hill. I quoted you and posted the Cypress Hill song for enlightenment and clarification on whoever-it-was-that-you-quoted's behalf.

Surprised by the way this poll is going. Thought Cypress Hill would be a lock.

And are people actually arguing that the Beastie Boys have variety in their music and Cypress Hill does not? Cypress Hill has gone through some awesome evolutions and change ups through the years.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Beastie Boys take this whole thing.

Surprised by the way this poll is going. Thought Cypress Hill would be a lock.

And are people actually arguing that the Beastie Boys have variety in their music and Cypress Hill does not? Cypress Hill has gone through some awesome evolutions and change ups through the years.

I think they have TOO much variety.

For a while there they pretty much abandoned rap entirely and went to punk rock and other sorts of weird shit. I think a lot of people correctly perceive that as a flaw. Like they're not a true hip hop group but rather musicians that dabbled in this and that genre.

For the record, I'm white (and Jewish like the Beastie Boys) and I still know they suck. I think it's a matter of bad taste, not race.

Yeah, but a bunch of white guys rapping about silly stuff and often going into rock is definitely going to appeal to whites a lot more than others.

"Real" hip hop heads usually recognize them as respectable pioneers of early, mainstream hip hop, but not really one of the greatest.

But in this poll they're about to eliminate Public Enemy and Cypress Hill.

cypress hill easily for me. One of my favorite hip hop groups of all time

Cypress hill no doubt, and Wu tang clan should win this whole thing by a fucking landslide.

Yeah, but a bunch of white guys rapping about silly stuff and often going into rock is definitely going to appeal to whites a lot more than others.

"Real" hip hop heads usually recognize them as respectable pioneers of early, mainstream hip hop, but not really one of the greatest.

But in this poll they're about to eliminate Public Enemy and Cypress Hill.

Well if it makes you feel any better, Wu-Tang is gonna take this one, even if the Beastie Boys make it to the finals.

The roots losing to run dmc just made this tournament lose all of its credit

I really wish Beastie Boys and Public Enemy had not started off in the same bracket. They would have been my personal 1 and 2 for the finals. With P.E. taking it.

The self titled cypress hill CD changed the game in terms of production. I know wu tang will take it all bit this is just rediculous.

I really wish Beastie Boys and Public Enemy had not started off in the same bracket. They would have been my personal 1 and 2 for the finals. With P.E. taking it.

Lol

The roots losing to run dmc just made this tournament lose all of its credit

I thought the same when I saw the roots beat pharcyde...

....Beastie Boys for sure though, love Cypress Hill though. Both are/were awesome.

if beasties beats tribe i'll have to be put on suicide watch

Back