Round 5 Jones vs Gustafsson

What Gus did wrong:

1.) Did not try a single submission standing or on the ground.

2.) Acted terrified when Jones grabbed for his legs and ran instead of throwing kicks or strikes as he retreated.

3.) Got wobbled by a Jones strike even though he was supposed to be the superior striker, was just saved by the bell at the end of the round.

4.) Gus had the best fight of his career, but he only wanted to finish the fight on the feet, did not try one submission even when the chances were there.

By comparison, Jones has finished challengers from strikes standing (Shogun), strikes on the ground (Vera/Matyshenko/Sonnen), submission standing (Machida), submission on the ground (O'Brien/Belfort/Rampage) and six unanimous decisions.

Basically, you got to take that title from the Champ and you can't let it be close, or the judges will normally favor the champ.

Dafuq are you on about? "Did not try a single submission standing or on the ground". Get real. Where dafuq would he go for a STANDING submission against one of the best wrestlers ever in MMA? There's so many variables that you're clearly not considering. Obviously you don't know shit either, so. You simply just assume that Gus would go for a standing guillotine because Jon submitted Machida with it?

Of course you run away from a takedown attempt if thats the best way to get away from it? The reason that you would run away from a takedown is to get away so to throw "kicks" while retreating is a stupid idea. A failed takedown is a failed takedown and is not gonna be turned against the guy who gets away. Wtf, are you teaching MMA for blind dogs or what up

Upon my last rewatch I only gave Jones the fifth round. Very surprising since I always had it for Jones before.

What are you talking about? The only person being close to finished in that fight was Gus and he was saved by the bell. At no point was Jones rocked.

Considering the fact that Jones and Big John had to beg the ringside doc for not stopping the fight between rounds 4 and 5, its a fair thing to say Jones was extremely close to being stopped (by doctor stoppage). And Gus did that damage to Jones eye with legal strikes, so it would have been a completely legit stoppage.

Ps.And Gus wasnt "saved by the bell". 4th round ended Gus throwing Jones to the ground. Jones was too exhausted to finish Gus.

Gus lost and has lost to most top 10 guys he fought.

Let it go.

Gus lost and has lost to most top 10 guys he fought.

You can see it that way or that he has a one clear loss against top5 ranked opponent, a one clear win against a top5 ranked opponent, and a one basically an even 25min fight against P4P 1 at the time. When Davis and Gus fought in 2010, neither of them werent ranked even top30 so that doesnt count.

Considering the fact that Jones and Big John had to beg the ringside doc for not stopping the fight between rounds 4 and 5, its a fair thing to say Jones was extremely close to being stopped (by doctor stoppage). And Gus did that damage to Jones eye with legal strikes, so it would have been a completely legit stoppage.

Ps.And Gus wasnt "saved by the bell". 4th round ended Gus throwing Jones to the ground. Jones was too exhausted to finish Gus.

That's about as legit an argument as saying Chael almost finished Jones because he broke his toe. Regardless if Gus was saved by the bell or not, he still came the closest to being finished in that fight and he was the only person to be rocked.

U still mad?

lol_he_mad_486735.jpg

Well how many did he land? I know he landed at least three. I was surprised at how many it was.

Jones threw 6 headkicks in that round. Not a single one of them landed clean and IMO at least two of them looks fully blocked.

Dafuq are you on about? "Did not try a single submission standing or on the ground". Get real. Where dafuq would he go for a STANDING submission against one of the best wrestlers ever in MMA? There's so many variables that you're clearly not considering. Obviously you don't know shit either, so. You simply just assume that Gus would go for a standing guillotine because Jon submitted Machida with it?

Of course you run away from a takedown attempt if thats the best way to get away from it? The reason that you would run away from a takedown is to get away so to throw "kicks" while retreating is a stupid idea. A failed takedown is a failed takedown and is not gonna be turned against the guy who gets away. Wtf, are you teaching MMA for blind dogs or what up

Put the pipe down and think this through. The judges did not see it your way. Trying to make it personal against me won't get the result overturned for Gus. Getting emotional and making assumptions about what I said wont get the result overturned for Gus either, so accept it and move on.

Thanks for including me in your 26th post Sensei.

Put the pipe down and think this through. The judges did not see it your way. Trying to make it personal against me won't get the result overturned for Gus. Getting emotional and making assumptions about what I said wont get the result overturned for Gus either, so accept it and move on.

Thanks for including me in your 26th post Sensei.

So that's what I'm aiming for? ust saying that going for a standing submission is not according to, most likely, anyones gameplan against Jones for the most obivous reasons.

Oh no worries. Rather 26 posts of bullshit than 900 posts of bullshit :wink:

Back