Round 5 Jones vs Gustafsson

giphy.gif

Jones is so dirty with the eye pokes.

one spinning elbow ruined Gus's career. huh He would be champ right now..or DC

One of the best fights ever, amazing performance by Gus.

You could be right that Rumble may have faced Gus for the title but it wouldn't take away the fact that Gus would/should have been champ at one point.

'Could'. If the elbow didn't land he'd have three rounds to two...but it did land.

Are people really still clinging to this? Alex had his chance at a rematch, he got injured. He could have been next in line, but lost to Rumble. He could be one win over Glover away from another shot now, but got injured again.

'Could'. If the elbow didn't land he'd have three rounds to two...but it did land.

I still scored it 3 rounds to 2. It's unfortunate that one elbow eliminated the prior 3 minutes of the round in the judges eyes.

Unfortunately,it took Gus one defense mistake to get his dream of fighting for the title crushed.A haymaker is a hell of a bomb!
Gus head movement and overall boxing skills were on point against jones though.Those left hooks were a thing of beauty.

I still scored it 3 rounds to 2. It's unfortunate that one elbow eliminated the prior 3 minutes of the round in the judges eyes.

It's unfortunate for Alex that the elbow landed. I don't think you can fault the judges for giving that round to Jones considering he landed the most damaging strike of the fight.

It's unfortunate for Alex that the elbow landed. I don't think you can fault the judges for giving that round to Jones considering he landed the most damaging strike of the fight.

Oh I agree. The judges were just going with the action. I don't fault them at all and honestly, the decision didn't bother me at all. It was an incredible performance from both fighters.

Deep in his heart, Jones knows he got beat up in that fight.

Hospital pic > Score cards

Very nice sequence of GIFs. Gus clearly won that fight.

Regrettably for Gus, that was realistically the closest he'd come to gold in his career.

Losing to a goat, made him for a moment, famous.

Back