rosstraining.com domain lost? doh

One of the DJ's here in Dallas just bought the domain:

www.tonyromo.com

Kind of comical, but I reckon you can make a shitload of money on this type of E-al Estate.

It's also a hell of a fine if prosecuted. By fine, I mean $100,000 per violation and cancellation of the internet names registered and bad faith. Basically it hammers people that register someone else's trademark or a famous person's name hoping to profit by selling it to the rightful owner.

All that brought to you courtesy of The AntiCybersquatting Consumer Protection Act of 1999.

Maybe I did learn something this semester.

It's also a hell of a fine if prosecuted. By fine, I mean $100,000 per violation and cancellation of the internet names registered and bad faith. Basically it hammers people that register someone else's trademark or a famous person's name hoping to profit by selling it to the rightful owner.

All that brought to you courtesy of The AntiCybersquatting Consumer Protection Act of 1999.

Maybe I did learn something this semester.

Didn't someone do that same thing with the last presidential run. Kerryedwards.com or something?

I remember seein' that earlier today, when I was in the pub at my internship, but I didn't notice the t & p reversed then... I think that's why it was so funny now.

Back