rosstraining.com domain lost? doh

Loomy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I just went to http://www.rosstraining.com/ and it looks like he just lost the domain. Happened to a friend of mine once. Domain scavengers buy up any domain that isn't renewed in case it is worth something. They even look at domain lookup logs and buy domains people are interested in registering before they register them.

He'll probably have to pay thousands of dollars to get it back.

Sucks... doh.

Yeah, I just tried rosstraining and it went to some bullshit site. Rossboxing is still going to the right place, though.

Yeh same for me, RossTraining doesnt work but RossBoxing is still up.

One of the DJ's here in Dallas just bought the domain:

www.tonyromo.com

Kind of comical, but I reckon you can make a shitload of money on this type of E-al Estate.

Thats shit if there is some kind of ransoming involved, especially since Ross mentioned in his blog he was away for a week or so and was having trouble getting web access!

A personal visit from Ross to 'persuade' the domain-stealer...

But I can still access the site using both domain names.

<-- hates domain scavengers / sitters.
:icon_twis
This kinda shizzle is big business tho...

If some people can access the site does that mean the domain is not stolen?

This is sad...I was just about to order a beanie lol.

It means your DNS server hasn't updated.

Just means the domain servers haven't all "caught up" to tell everyone (propigate) that rosstraining.com is pointed to a new IP.

sonsabitches. looks like Globat, LLC. in Cali is squatting on it.

man, that just ain't right.

rosstraining.com works for me

but everything except the blog leads somewhere else

nm if i'm on rosstraining.com and refresh it goes elsewhere

vultures is what they are.

this is why you need to get that shit from places like godaddy.com, the protected domain where they will hold it fo ra year if you fail to renew, which gives you the first shot at it.

The site works. and i just got my II book in teh mail yesterday.......im excited :icon_chee

Weird. I just tried RossTraining again (on a computer that had previously given me the crap site) and this time it worked.

I wonder if this means the problem's over. If so, i wonder if some persuasion was involved.

It didn't work for me earlier either when I first saw this thread but now it seems fine.

Back