Ross Pearson: "I'd like to see the fights go five, three-minute rounds"

For some reason, I hate Ross Pearson. The name, the face, the everything. No offence to Ross fans. I'm sure there's many here who hate everything about Tyson or Jones, etc.

Plus he has a wife thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hot for him

So he has 4 opportunities to get up from under a manbear.

Pretty sure most fighters who prefer stand up would be a fan of this

More chances to strike

Maybe grapplers need to evolve into MMA fighters and not spend all their time trying for subs and look to win any way they can

3 minute rounds, what a joke. For one thing, shortening the rounds wouldn't be fair on grapplers.

That's what they want. Instead of going and watching kickboxing matches, these assholes want to get grappling completely out of MMA.

I like Pearson but this is dumb. If anything there should be longer rounds, like PRIDE style tournaments with 10-15 min rounds.

PRIDE rules and rounds were def. the best.

This has been and always will be the best idea.
I think we would see a lot more finishes as guys start to get a little tired towards the end of round 1. 10 minutes is a very long time to fight without getting a rest.

They need to just dump the 10pt round by round scoring and judge the fights as a whole. That will help eliminate the points fighting that's slowly taking over the sport.
whole fight scoring really only works best without rounds, because a fight's momentum can change between each round.

That'd go completely against him and his style, not sure why he'd be in favor of it.

I think it would be safer and you would see fewer fighters dropping out of fights due to injuries

tumblr_mgt578siyk1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Man did u see how this lameass was just pressing ross up against the cage

whole fight scoring really only works best without rounds, because a fight's momentum can change between each round.

It worked fine in Pride though they did have some corruption in the judging there. You still need rest periods or they'd end up with lots of fights where both guys are too gassed to move.

My suggestion has always been to score each round but have the scoring carry over to each succeeding round. That way you'd always have someone "winning" if a fight was stopped due to a foul or something.

I just think the 10pt system promotes points fighting and we're seeing more and more of it all the time. Fighters winning the first two rounds then playing it safe and taking the 3rd round off. The recent Barboza vs Giblert fight for instance. You also see fighters looking at the clock and shooting for do-nothing takedowns with 15 seconds left in a round thinking that will give it to them. Fighters laying and praying thinking top control will in them the fight. etc, etc.

It would probably make the sport more fun to watch because it would emphasize striking more. Could also many help with cardio and judging issues. I like it.

How about 15 rounds, 30 seconds each, no grappling, no clinching.

have them take place in the Trigon and I'm in
How about a fully enclosed tetrahedron that is only tall enough to stand up straight if you're controlling the center?

1 20 minute round.

or 10, 5, and 5. And do all of the events in Japan. And allow knees. And soccer kicks. And do tournaments.

And play the PRIDE music.

Back