Ross Pearson appeals against the decision.

Good luck getting an athletic commission to do the right thing.

I'm tired of hearing this. Why have judges at all then? Let's just go back to the days when the fight wasn't over until one guy was finished or couldn't continue.

I agree, the whole "leave it out of the judges hands" logic is dumb.

Good. Something needs to be done about this. Diego has so many undeserved wins on his resume - hes a fucking lightweight Leonard Garca. He plods forward with no head movement, no technique and no punching power, he just wings haymakers and flying knees at thin air. He gets picked apart time and time again but somehow gets the nod, the judge that scored if 30-27 for him should never referee again. Talk about a disgusting hometown decision.

The worst part though is everyone just KNEW Sanchez was gonna get the third judges' nod before it was read out.

i think he was asking if the Judges decision has ever been overturned...But agree, Ross has no chance.

I love Diego because when I watch him I know he's going to have a war face on and that the judges are probably going to make a mockery out of competition, and he delivered, as did the judges.

Diego Sanchez is the king of receiving the most mind-boggling decision wins, but it's not his fault. He fights the fight, they judge the fight. That 1 judge should be suspended for lack of compliancy:icon_neut

"Dear Mr. Pearson,

After further review of your fight with Diego Sanchez we have found that the correct decision should have been in your favor. We have overturned the decision of this fight to reflect you as the winner. We have disciplined the judges that scored the fight as these scores were clearly not in accordance with the unified rules of MMA. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,
New Mexico Athletic Commission."

index.php

Haven't watched the fight yet, but I would guess than rather than the fight being fixed, it's most likely a case of (incompetent) judges being swayed by the audience cheering for Diego (which I imagine was the case).

I guess I was talking more in terms of the promoters fucking with the decision ala Franca/Kheder. I can't imagine that the judges weren't at least a little swayed by the crowd here.

Can't appeal stupid, I don't think. If there's evidence of outside influence that's a different matter but haven't heard of any.

The worst part about it is diego will continue to fight and get even more brain fucked

This has less chance getting overturned then Jones vs Hamill

Why would Jones vs Hamill be overturned, you end a fight with an illegal move in the first round, you get DQed, this should have a better chance of being overturned but the commission won't because they won't admit they employ incompetent judges.

good for them but decisions don't get overturned for poor judging

I'm tired of hearing this. Why have judges at all then? Let's just go back to the days when the fight wasn't over until one guy was finished or couldn't continue.

Yep, it's just a self serving cliche that Zuffa initiated. Absolves them from any responsibility in pressuring the AC and panders to the just bleed crowd.

There's no way it's going to change the result but fair play to him for drawing attention to it in public.

If AC overturned this, there will be tons of complaints like this in future given how incompetent some judges are and AC would never want to deal with that. This will not go anywhere but I can see why the poor Pearson is trying anything he can.

I wish something would come of it, but nothing will.

I don't see how this could do anything. They won't overturn a decision because it was different than how he felt the fight went; it'd only be overturned if he proved there was foul play. Which he won't be able to do.

Back