• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

On the other side of the above, another guy had to go to racism sensitivity training because he walked into the break room, saw a black co-worker there and exclaimed, "You look just like a monkey eating that banana!"

Thing is, he didn't intend to be racist which is why he kept his job.

Was he able to prove he wasn't trying to be racist because he was able to prove he had the mental capacity of a 4yo?
Who the fuck sees a person eating a banana and thinks/says that out loud?

You seem really afraid. Most people are pretty good one on one. (my experience) Hate is most always a reaction to fear or jealousy, which are similar emotions.
I doubt anyone here actually hates you.
giphy.gif

We are talking about a guy who makes Memorial Day about himself.
not only did he make Memorial day about himself, they had a Memorial day sale on Trump merchandise. Not even used car dealerships have Memorial day sales from what I've seen. It isn't a day of celebration.

"But hey, if your love one died defending this country why not remember them by purchasing a Trumpy Bear with an American flag shoved up its ass........ 25% off sale"
images

Was he able to prove he wasn't trying to be racist because he was able to prove he had the mental capacity of a 4yo?
That seems to be 1 of the go-to excuses of the racists, to make racists comments either explicitly racist or using code-words, then act innocent.

not only did he make Memorial day about himself, they had a Memorial day sale on Trump merchandise. Not even used car dealerships have Memorial day sales from what I've seen. It isn't a day of celebration.

"But hey, if your love one died defending this country why not remember them by purchasing a Trumpy Bear with an American flag shoved up its ass........ 25% off sale"
images
Right after 9/11 Trump bragged his building was now the highest in NY(it wasn't)

What the fuck is Trump crying about this time?

Also, THAT is how he responds... lol

Me me me me me me!

He is sooo fucking beyond insecure and LOVES to play the victim and...of course, it is all anti-surprising.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-reacts-roseanne-canceled_us_5b0d93b1e4b0568a880f2b22

So he not only does not say anything about the Roseanne comments, but manages to make it about himself. I thought rightwingers hated anyone 'playing victim'; well except when it is the rightwing playing victim and crowing about how America has changed from those good ole days.

I say it all the time and I'm not racist. Hell, I used to go into a group of black guys on the football team and always said "what's up my n!!gas". They didn't give a fuck because I wasn't using it in a derogatory way. They were my boys. That was also at different time and the country wasn't so easily offended by stuff.

uuuhh yeah cause u knew those kids...

So what if you went to another school and said that shit to a group of black guys on a football team you didn't know.. would you have gotten the same reaction?... if you say "yes" you're a fuckin' liar... lol

I can't disagree with you, hell my mom called me a lil monkey growing up. I'm pretty damn sure all of our parents called us lil monkies at some point in our childhood's.

I was just giving an example of someone calling Trump a monkey.. and yes I know it is a joke about his fucked up orange spray tan, not racist in the slightest imo..

But Roseanne's was pretty blatant..
The funny thing is, that's not the only offensive thing Roseanne tweeted, she made some pretty bad Jewish comments about some other people. My wife sent me a text saying "Roseanne got cancelled for her offensive tweet" my response was "which one?" Oddly the whole thing was playing out in real time on the news sites, the "planet of the apes" comment was actually one I missed.

I have to be careful because as a kid my father would tell me "I'm going to whip you little monkey ass" when he was about to beat me so I've actually caught myself about to say that when getting in a fight. I know it's kind of stupid trying to be PC when you are about to throw down with someone but if the person I'm fighting happens to be black I want it to be clear I'm going at them because they're an asshole, not because of the color of their skin.

He's a well- meaning dope. The gal he said it to was flustered, but she didn't think it was malicious aforethought. The floor manager agreed; he was very embarrassed and genuinely upset that he'd said something so thoughtless.

it may have been a joke but he referenced slaves whilst using the word. Whatever way you look at it, its pretty fucked up

Are you talking about when he referred to himself as a house "ni**a"?

If so it wasn't racist at all. Context matters, it will always matter no matter how emotional some people are.

uuuhh yeah cause u knew those kids...

So what if you went to another school and said that shit to a group of black guys on a football team you didn't know.. would you have gotten the same reaction?... if you say "yes" you're a fuckin' liar... lol
Lol good point. I did use it in my status in like 07 on Facebook. No backlash at all. But again, I guess the people on my page did know me already.

The funny thing is, that's not the only offensive thing Roseanne tweeted, she made some pretty bad Jewish comments about some other people. My wife sent me a text saying "Roseanne got cancelled for her offensive tweet" my response was "which one?" Oddly the whole thing was playing out in real time on the news sites, the "planet of the apes" comment was actually one I missed.

I have to be careful because as a kid my father would tell me "I'm going to whip you little monkey ass" when he was about to beat me so I've actually caught myself about to say that when getting in a fight. I know it's kind of stupid trying to be PC when you are about to throw down with someone but if the person I'm fighting happens to be black I want it to be clear I'm going at them because they're an asshole, not because of the color of their skin.

....so how many black people do you get into fights with that this is actually something you have had to train yours to remember..?

Right after 9/11 Trump bragged his building was now the highest in NY(it wasn't)
LOL, I never heard that one. I'm going to have to check that one for verification but if true holy shit that's funny.

Edited; no need for me to be disrespectful.

Last edited:
Back