• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Tracy Cortez steps in vs Rose Namajunas on July 13th: Maycee Barber out

Who wins?

• Total voters
Terrible fight for Cortez.

She barely squeaked by Kish.

She isn't holding Rose down for 5 rounds, and she sure as shit ain't outstriking her. Heck, she might not be able to even hold her down at all.

Maycee Barber has been forced to drop out of her scheduled bout against Rose Namajunas for undisclosed reasons. In her place, Tracy Cortez is expected to now clash with Namajunas in a flyweight bout taking place at the Ball Arena in Denver.

Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed the news to MMA Fighting on Tuesday. Barber’s withdrawal was first reported by Alex Behunin on Twitter.

While the situation is an unfortunate turn of events for Barber, it’s Cortez who now benefits after she was already scheduled to face Miranda Maverick at a separate UFC Fight Night card on July 20.

Disappointing...

I honestly thought a win over Barber would have catapulted Namajunas right back into talks for a shot at the flyweight strap. Especially with the impressive streak Barber has been on...

A win over Cortez doesn't really do anything for her, in terms of moving her towards the front of the line at 125 lbs...

Disappointing...

I honestly thought a win over Barber would have catapulted Namajunas right back into talks for a shot at the flyweight strap. Especially with the impressive streak Barber has been on...

A win over Cortez doesn't really do anything for her, in terms of moving her towards the front of the line at 125 lbs...

It could since she is still going to save the card and she's still a big name

I am Rose fan.

I ain't watching this as the main. I don't need to see a fight be lopsided and go 5rds.

Disappointing...

It could be a very good showcase and tune up fight for her

Back