Rory MacDonald on Dana White's Fake Contender Fights

Rory needs to stop crying and keep fighting... He lost to Lawler last time anyways... Has he thought maybe the UFC doesn't wanna see him fight Lawler again?

But it's fine for Hendricks to fight Lawler again?

The Rory Lawler fight was very competitive. I'd love to see a rematch. Nobody wants to see Hendricks Lawler 3

Hector who?

Fuck...The dude doesn't even deserve figthing Rory.He has so much to prove in the UFC. Only 3 fights at WW,with a 1-2 record at MW..Lol UFC IS A FUCKING JOKE.

how ironic would it be if Lombard manages to beat Rory and get the next title shot

That would be some bullshit to say the least. They shouldn't even be fighting each other right now. Rory should be fighting for the title next then Lombard then maybe Hendricks after that. Hendricks should have had to fight one fight at least before another title shot.

he lost - plain and simple.

UFC will take advantage of what they see as an opportunity.

I think hendricks lawler III will be a very low- watched event.

they should make rory vs lombard a 5 round fight. rory would tire him out and finish him late.

UFC seems to have some strange obsession with watching Lawler and Hendricks fight for the belt

Since GSP left all we get is the same fight on repeat, We need the GOAT back

Booo HOoo Rory. You want a title shot? FINISH Lombard in spectacular fashion.

Then for GODS SAKE don't pound your chest like a baby gorilla. That was damn pathetic.

he deserved that shot and ppl gave their word for it. Hendricks Lawler 3 aint that intresting for other ppl then hendricks....

I'm glad the poll is one sided with "YES" as the answer.

I think it's a joke and unfair to revoke title shots. I think are other examples from the past and yeah, I don't like it at all. Especially if they don't give any reasons.

Rory deserves a title shot based on how messed up the WW division is right now. Beating Maia and Saffiedine moves you forward in the division but not by much. Beating Woodley was good although that guy is seriously overrated. The fight prior to these was losing to Lawler (noticed it was a SD - I thought it was clear that Lawler won?). I have no interest in watching Lawler-Rory again, nor do I want to watch Lawler-Hendricks again. Can't GSP just come back? I've always hated GSP's fights as they are very boring, but at least you can always rely on the fact that he dominated his opponents up until Hendricks.

Just a year ago or so, the WW division was by far the most interesting one. Now, I'm just sick and tired of the elite fighters in the division. Lombard looks bad in every second fight, Woodley has got a lot of power but that's pretty much it, Romero gasses after 1 round... I'm not looking forward to a single title fights besides the fact that I do like watching Lawler fight, the rest is more like "meh".

Really uncool how the UFC has treated this guy. He DESERVES that title shot more than anyone else at the moment. Make Hendricks fight at least twice more before the rubber match.

According to Brendan Schaub, Rory passed on fighting Lombard before, along with Tyron Woodley. I wonder what changed his mind to give up the wait for a title shot and fight him.

I absolutely HATE Rory, but if you tell a man he is fighting for his shot and he wins you give him his shot. It is that simple.

I am sick of all these fucking instant rematches...they just get boring and hold up other contenders' shot at the title. That fight was not deserved of an instant rematch...meanwhile Rory has more than earned his shot. Not excited at all for another Hendricks/Lawler

Has anyone taken to social media and expressed their dislike for the rubber match to Dana? Just curious what his response would be besides 'Fuck you'.

Someone asked him in a round about way the other day.. he just said this

Rory deserves a title shot based on how messed up the WW division is right now. Beating Maia and Saffiedine moves you forward in the division but not by much. Beating Woodley was good although that guy is seriously overrated. The fight prior to these was losing to Lawler (noticed it was a SD - I thought it was clear that Lawler won?). I have no interest in watching Lawler-Rory again, nor do I want to watch Lawler-Hendricks again. Can't GSP just come back? I've always hated GSP's fights as they are very boring, but at least you can always rely on the fact that he dominated his opponents up until Hendricks.

Just a year ago or so, the WW division was by far the most interesting one. Now, I'm just sick and tired of the elite fighters in the division. Lombard looks bad in every second fight, Woodley has got a lot of power but that's pretty much it, Romero gasses after 1 round... I'm not looking forward to a single title fights besides the fact that I do like watching Lawler fight, the rest is more like "meh".

romero now cuts to welterweight? :icon_lol:

damn Rory has totally won me over...
what a humble and talented kid.

WAR MacDonald

Voted yes and don't really like Rory. As a fighter I do. Hopefully no one buys that PPV that no one wants to see. I don't get it. DW is usually pretty good at listening to what the fans want.

Back