Rory MacDonald on Dana White's Fake Contender Fights

:) Why would he jump to Bellator?

He should think about it and make it look like he would, he needs to get some leverage on the UFC brass so they stop jerking him around. I think the UFC is just hoping GSP will come back and wants to keep Rory out of the picture any way they can to help smooth that process.

Rory is a decent fighter but Lombard will drill him in round 2

I get UFC wanting to promote certain fights and make the stakes higher but they shouldnt promise shots when things can change.

If Jones lost to DC he'd get a rematch, if fight ended via eye poke DC would get a rematch and Gus/Rumble wouldnt be next even though the winner of their fight is promised next shot.

Either dont promise guys or if you promise them then you have to give it to them.

And a win over Lombard doesnt mean he def gets next shot, you think if GSP comes back he wouldnt be first in line?

Hell if Diaz beats Anderson and moves back to WW with his name and star power you could def see UFC saying Lawler/Diaz 2? Yes please. Even Hendricks/Diaz.

I understand why they do the promises on TV and in interviews to promote the fights but they should make it clear to the fighters directly that it's just promotional and have them play a long.

It really sucks for Rory though cause no one wants this rematch and DW and Zuffa are basically forcing it down our throats.

Rory shouldn't be such a boring fighter. People go to sleep in his fights cause he just jabs his way to decisions. Boring guy, boring fighter. It's a good thing ruthless took some initiative and knocked him on his ass and made him fight for real.

There should be an option for "Has the UFC been jerking the fans around."

I don't know where they get the impression that we want to see the same fights over and over and over.

Consider this: GSP still held the WW title when he retired (or went on hiatus). Since then we've had 2 fights, with 1 more in the works, between two guys, neither of whom has beaten 'the man' (regardless of the controversial GSP v Hendricks fight) and neither of whom has taken on a contender besides the other.

It makes the current WW title meaningless, in my opinion.

I agree with Rory I really don't understand this decision. One look on any mma message board and UFC would realize this is a terrible mistake and no one wants to see this fight, at least not right now.

Rory shouldn't be such a boring fighter. People go to sleep in his fights cause he just jabs his way to decisions. Boring guy, boring fighter. It's a good thing ruthless took some initiative and knocked him on his ass and made him fight for real.

Yea his fights can be a tad boring but his opponents don't help by just staying at end of his jab doing nothing.He did switch it up against Tarrec throwing in upper cuts but still I miss the kicks he was throwing especially against Penn.

Garbage. Should be Hendricks/Lomard. I'm hoping Robbie/Hendricks doesn't sell shit just to spite their terrible decision.

I agree with Rory I really don't understand this decision. One look on any mma message board and UFC would realize this is a terrible mistake and no one wants to see this fight, at least not right now.

Yea I don't get it no one wants to see it. You would think they learned their lesson after the poor JDs vs Cain 3 sales. People actually wanted to see that fight.

Lotta butthurt Robbie fans and Johny haters that are just salty at Lawler having to defend against the guy most likely to beat him.

The trilogy is bullshit...Rory should have got the next crack at the belt.

They must really want Hendricks as champ making a 3rd fight... I cannot think of a good reason why they wouldn't give it to Rory

Lotta butthurt Robbie fans and Johny haters that are just salty at Lawler having to defend against the guy most likely to beat him.
Incorrect

It is true most people would rather see Robbie with the belt, however..

1) A trilogy is too much to be consecutive

2) You shouldn't have to beat a guy twice to get the belt

3) Instant rematches when the other fighter looked like shit are ridiculous

4) Other fighters have earned their shot

Most deserving UFC title challenger there has been in a while.

Rory needs to stop crying and keep fighting... He lost to Lawler last time anyways... Has he thought maybe the UFC doesn't wanna see him fight Lawler again?

Well said, fuck Dana and his empty promises.

Back