Rory MacDonald on Dana White's Fake Contender Fights

A lot of fans are with you, Rory. I can't imagine anyone other than Dana actually wants Lawler/Hendricks 3 right now.

It's so obvious that guys at Rory's level are forced to bite their tongue and talk around the things they really think and feel about the Zuffa organization. It's like listening to hookers with abusive pimps. Very sad that these fighters have to fear corporate repercussions for simply speaking honestly.

Rory says it like it is. He can't do anything about it other than keep fighting and keep winning.

I think he will beat Lombard via sound striking and effective use of his range, but without a finish I can't say for sure he will be in a title fight for the effort.

At the very least this kind of thing will get fans to rally behind Rory a bit; make him more popular. He's definitely getting jerked around and he's handling it like a mature professional.

Rory, is a guy who should really think about jumping to Bellator. He is young, a really well rounded fighter and doesn't have a shit load of baggage to tie him to the UFC.

I get UFC wanting to promote certain fights and make the stakes higher but they shouldnt promise shots when things can change.

If Jones lost to DC he'd get a rematch, if fight ended via eye poke DC would get a rematch and Gus/Rumble wouldnt be next even though the winner of their fight is promised next shot.

Either dont promise guys or if you promise them then you have to give it to them.

And a win over Lombard doesnt mean he def gets next shot, you think if GSP comes back he wouldnt be first in line?

Hell if Diaz beats Anderson and moves back to WW with his name and star power you could def see UFC saying Lawler/Diaz 2? Yes please. Even Hendricks/Diaz.

A lot of people don't like Rory but he handled this with absolute class and he really got screwed.

Rory, is a guy who should really think about jumping to Bellator. He is young, a really well rounded fighter and doesn't have a shit load of baggage to tie him to the UFC.

:) Why would he jump to Bellator?

Still waiting to find someone excited about lawler/Hendricks III

No he shouldn't. The contracts a worse and the UFC has the best WW's.

Little Bit Pissed Off Macdonald champion 2015. I'm worried for Hector's safety.

Yeah. He's getting screwed and keeping it professional.

War Canadian Psycho

I don't think a win over Tarec merits a title shot but I do sympathize with him. They pulled the rug out from under him on this one but he's doing all the right things and will eventually get his shot.

When he fights until Hector gasses and then blows his doors off, all he should do for his interview is say "Who's next, Dana?"

Back