• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rory MacDonald has been removed from the rankings

Rory's best days are long gone. Let Koreshkov molest him in the true cage of Bellator.

post-28652-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-g2uB.gif

If he can't get his nose issues figured out, fringe top 10 might actually be about right.

Some doctor somewhere has got to know how to fix it.

Edit: ... And he wasn't removed from WW rankings at all ... At least he's there now.

Last edited:
All fair points, but he's also the biggest star for the Canadian market for them. And let's be honest, looking very unlikely GSP ever comes back, and even if he does, he's like 35. Would only be a couple fights. I dunno. Seems like a bad business move to sink the Canadian audience cause they don't want to pay Rory 75/75 or something.

I'm guessing they weighed how much he wants and how big he is in Canada, against the cost of building someone Canadian who's comfy at 20k/20k right now.

If he's asking for what he's worth, I'm not sure they'd see his popularity in Canada as big enough to justify that amount.

I'd prefer a sport that pays based on how good he is, but the UFC wasn't doing that BEFORE they got bought by a talent agency, so I'm worried we're going in the opposite direction, hard. This would be a sign of that for sure.

For the record, Rory's nose alone deserves a 100k per raise for his last 2 fights.

I mean I'll watch him wherever he goes but I'm disappointed. He could still be champ he would beat Woodley again in a rematch

Unfortunate the UFC can't pay guys like this what they're worth

downside of his career ?????????????????????????????????? Send me what your smoking via bluetooth

He's young enough that he can go to another org win the championship defend it a few times and demand more to come back to the UFC down the road.

I think you might want to check again, hes been removed bro.

Where are you looking?

Because UFC's official website ranking still lists him on there.

EDIT: yep, I looked again and he's been removed... :x

Can't say I'm to surprised by this. Rory hasn't exactly been putting on barn burners lately. Lawler can make any fight exciting. Not sure Rory does that well with ratings either. Still a pretty high ranked guy to be losing. The worst thing for Bellator is that even if they got Rory he probably does nothing for their ratings but will see.

he should go to bellator for triple the money and fuck the UFC

And Rory made the current champ look like an amateur, and was just in one of the best fights of all time with Lawler.

Yes but lets be honest anyone Lawler fights is going to be in an exciting fight. Rory's fights against Wonderboy and Woodley were not that exciting. I think it's a loss for the UFC but I'm not sure he helps Bellator that much either.

Lol @ automatically blaming the UFC. Rory could be to blame. He might be asking for too much money. He's no GSP.

I'm not surprised. The dudes been fighting pro and beating up guys twice his age since like what, 15 or 16? He's taken a shitload of head trauma by now. He's also had several paths to the title laid out before him and he couldn't make it happen. Still an awesome fighter, but sadly probably on the downside of his career now.

Please. Its all about matchmaking in WW division. Give him now Woodley and he would be the new WW champ.

Larkin isn't on the rankings either, and he just whooped #6 Neil's ass. So I'd guess it's because he's a free agent, or he jumped ship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back