Law Ronna McDaniel - Hire, Defame, Fired... by NBC News - How Big Is Her Settlement Going to be?

Ronna should start eyeballing that home in her favorite tropical spot now. She's going to make bank on these Leftist clowns.
From a whole $600,000 (according to some post above)? She's still gotta eat. lol how dumb.

By any reasonable historical read, George and Mitt Romney were moderate conservatives. There's no fucking way to argue George Romney of all people wasn't conservative.
The conservative movement was not in control of the GOP during George Romney's career, and he (weakly) opposed the early efforts of conservatives to take control. He was a moderate rightist and conservative in a sense (conversely, the conservative movement is actually pretty radical, in the sense of favoring huge structural change). It's all kind of a mess, but I can see why a radical rightist wouldn't have liked George Romney. Mitt, on the other hand, was very far right in terms of policy and mostly good with the movement, though not authentically angry and crazy enough to really be in with it.

The executives had dealt with her previously to secure a debate, and they felt they had a good relationship with her, so they all unanimously hired her without consulting their workforce. It's classic company executives out of touch with their employees and business.

Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum over at NBC News.

And even that much might be a longshot. That appears to be what she's asking for. I'd guess she gets nothing or something much less than that to drop it.

You guess she gets nothing for hetting fired without cause from a $600k contract?

What benefits would spending $300K a year for McDaniel bring to them?

They wouldn't have just publicly humiliated themselves, for one.

Believe it or not, the staff of a news corporation throwing a mutiny because the bosses tried to bring some diversity of thought into their echo chamber is not a good look.

They wouldn't have just publicly humiliated themselves, for one.

Believe it or not, the staff at a news corporation throwing a mutiny because the bosses tried correct their echo chamber is not a good look.
You're dodging the question. What audience would McDaniel have brought in? She's universally unpopular and brings no beliefs or interesting principles to argue over.

And hint, if you got to double down to avoid embarrassment, that means your first decision was a bad one already. The first step of getting out of a hole is not digging one in the first place.

You guess she gets nothing for hetting fired without cause from a $600k contract?
Depends on the details of the contract, but I'd guess NBC would not put themselves in the position where they have to pay out two years to a low-value new hire if they fire her right away. Definitely not more than that, though.

You're dodging the question. What audience would McDaniel have brought in? She's universally unpopular and brings no beliefs or interesting principles to argue over.

And hint, if you got to double down to avoid embarrassment, that means your first decision was a bad one already. The first step of getting out of a hole is not digging one in the first place.

The staff didn't mutiny because they thought she wouldn't bring in a new audience.

They mutinied because they're cultists who can't handle being around even one person who doesn't share their delusion.

What benefits would spending $300K a year for McDaniel bring to them?
Damn good question...for MSNBC.

Just forget the whole kerfuffle for a second. Who in their right mind thought this was a good hire for their brand in the first place? To the point where she was actually signed, no less. It would be like FOX News hiring Nanci Pelosi.

The staff didn't mutiny because they thought she wouldn't bring in a new audience.

They mutinied because they're cultists who can't handle being around even one person who doesn't share their delusion.
What is this specific delusion or point of contention between McDaniel and the staff?

Just forget the whole kerfuffle for a second. Who in their right mind thought this was a good hire for their brand in the first place? To the point where she was actually signed, no less. It would be like FOX News hiring Nanci Pelosi.
Out of touch executives, as I previously mentioned. The idea that McDaniel is some victim or was defamed is laughable. NBC is also different from MSNBC

Out of touch executives, as I previously mentioned.
But does that really make sense? How out of a touch can they be? It's not like they don't know what their brand is. All they do is hire woke activists. Why the sudden sea change? It doesn't make any sense, unless another fresh executive got fired after two days on the job for making such a boneheaded move. That's all I can think of.

At least when CNN booked the Trump Town Hall, the reasons were clear. They had new conservative leaning ownership. This just seems like some guy was off his meds or something, when they made the move.

And even that much might be a longshot. That appears to be what she's asking for. I'd guess she gets nothing or something much less than that to drop it.
Just being generous. There doesn't seem to be much for her to have a grievance over, except maybe the cost to move there to work, if any.

Edit: I'm not sure why people are whooping it up ITT. The network wisely reconsidered its hiring decision. Presumably, she was already unemployed when they hired her so it's not like she lost out on another job when she went there. Why should she get any compensation. excepting the above, of course?

Last edited:
questioning her character, integrity, qualifications, and more
That's not defamation. That's stating an opinion. You can go on television, call me an unqualified buffoon who might lack integrity and I can't do shit about it. Say I'm a STD riddled man who likes to snort coke on midgets, then I have a case.

I can see her getting the 600K salary, but I don't see any defamation.

Upvote for using the word kerfuffle.

Back