Ronda's youtube numbers

Rondas numbers are mostly non mma fans. She transcends mma

It's really hard to comment on that graph without a more understandable time line.... I'm assuming that Ronda getting beat waz the big line that reached 100%. Not sure what the one before that is... but it seemz like the same fight.

However notable your point is about that fights numbers... you must not ignore her previous fights numbers which barely make a blip.

Here are some PPV records.

2/23/2013 UFC 157 Rousey vs Carmouche 450,000
12/28/2013 UFC 168 Weidman vs Silva II 1,025,000
2/22/2014 UFC 170 Rousey vs McMann 350,000
7/5/2014 UFC 175 Weidman vs Machida 545,000
2/28/2015 UFC 184 Rousey vs Zingano 600,000
8/1/2015 UFC 190 Rousey vs Correia 900,000
11/15/2015 UFC 193 Rousey vs Holm 1,100,000

4,970,000 total which includes 2 more PPV's than the Conor numbers

McGregor

07/11/15 UFC 189 McGregor vs Mendes 825,000
12/12/15 UFC 194 Aldo vs McGregor 1,200,000
03/05/16 UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz 1,500,000
08/20/16 UFC 202 McGregor vs. Diaz 2 1,650,000
11/12/16 UFC 205 McGreor vs. Alverez 1,650,000

6,825,000 Total with 2 less PPV's than Rousey.

The one before it is the Correia fight. That fight is where her PPV numbers exploded too. What exactly happened before the Correia fight to turn Ronda into such a big star?

Obviously, Conor has been the active fighter for the past year, Rousey was "retired" and even so it isn't above for that much... I mean, you talk like if McGregor was a nobody (you said nobody gives a fuck about Ronda)

This is from May 25 to Jul 27

81ff6dcbabb7ee2e98247668eee0ea0b.png

4018b22a7a5ba430230d13347531e08e.png

ummm yeah, you care way more about this than me. good night

Obviously, Conor has been the active fighter for the past year, Rousey was "retired" and even so it isn't above for that much... I mean, you talk like if McGregor was a nobody (you said nobody gives a fuck about Ronda)

This is from May 25 to Jul 27

81ff6dcbabb7ee2e98247668eee0ea0b.png

4018b22a7a5ba430230d13347531e08e.png

Why did you exclude Conor from your 2nd graph??

Why did you exclude Conor from your 2nd graph??
To let you know that people actually cares about her (I put some of the biggest names of 2016 and Rousey was still over them even "retired"), tell me 1 fighter that had more fame than Rousey this past year other than Conor, that means people don't give a fuck about nobody in the UFC?

To let you know that people actually cares about her (I put some of the biggest names of 2016 and Rousey was still over them even "retired"), tell me 1 fighter that had more fame than Rousey this past year other than Conor, that means people don't give a fuck about nobody in the UFC?

So you left out Conor(despite him being obviously the biggest name in the UFC) to compare her to about bunch of people nobody has ever given a fuck about?

Will you go into shock when Ronda get REKTed on friday

So you left out Conor(despite him being obviously the biggest name in the UFC) to compare her to about bunch of people nobody has ever given a fuck about?
I didn't left Conor, I put him in the 1st graph, I can put him in the 2nd one too if you want, but the red line would look like the same.

"to compare her to about bunch of people nobody has ever given a fuck about?"
Speak for yourself, I actually care about Miocic, Bisping, Nate, Khabib, Rockhold, Cormier and many more fighters, do you only care about Conor then?

Thats what happens when you take a year off. The god of celebrity giveth, and the god of celebrity taketh away.

I didn't left Conor, I put him in the 1st graph, I can put him in the 2nd one too if you want, but the red line would look like the same.

"to compare her to about bunch of people nobody has ever given a fuck about?"
Speak for yourself, I actually care about Miocic, Bisping, Nate, Khabib, Rockhold, Cormier and many more fighters, do you only care about Conor then?

I was talking about the casuals like you. You're probably the most casual person on this forum. Honestly not even joking

I was talking about the casuals like you. You're probably the most casual person on this forum. Honestly not even joking
Yeah, that's why I made a graphic with a bunch of fighters on previous page and you was the only one who came here talking about nobody cares about them, only about Conor stuff

You sound mad

<{Joewithit}>

I actually watched UFC 205 with a ton of casuals. Totally ruined my experience but that is another story. Mostly my neighbors, house mates and their friends. All of them now talk about Khabib vs Conor and some even jumped on Khabib's bandwagon. I do think, Khabib's interview on UFC 205 generated tons of interest among the casuals who watched. UFC screwed up by not putting it on main card though. I believe it has something do with him being an undefeated Russian villain type fighter. 24-0 made the casuals jaw drop lol because they have no idea about fighters competition level. I also saw interest in Khabib on facebook. He also has backing of Russians with a very big population. You could be right but I personally feel like Khabib will add to a lot of viewers and it will be the biggest Conor fight in terms of PPV especially if there are some other well known fighters on the card. Time will tell but for now I am highly doubtful of this fight even materializing.
Exellent points bro... & well said.

Do Russianz pay for PPV? Most countries outside the US get it for free & the UFC gets a cable TV payment which offers the subscribers the fight for free... so I'm not sure if a huge following in Russia will add to the PPV sales. That is however something we don't talk much about on Sherdog though... what if an overseaz cable company gets millions of viewz? Does the UFC make more money? or is it just a standard deal that gets the same no matter what the viewership is? That's something I never thought of & it's certainly not something we discuss here on Sherdog. The holy grail seemz to be PPV numbers.

I suppose the PPV numbers are as good of a litmus test as any to see how well a card did.

Interestingly, there'z a handful of people out there who know exactly how well a card did across all media... & that info is exclusive to only those few.

I'm just babbling with thought now though... To your opening statement... I make a point to watch UFC alone. I got casual buddies hitting me up all the time & I alwayz offer to watch the replay with them but never the live one.

Yeah, that's why I made a graphic with a bunch of fighters on previous page and you was the only one who came here talking about nobody cares about them, only about Conor stuff

You sound mad

<{Joewithit}>

Not casual--quotes google.com

You sound mad

<{Joewithit}>

Dude just post the graph with Conor on it. I'm ready for bed and don't give two fucks either way. So do it and I'll go to bed. If you were right I'll congratulate you in the morning.

Exellent points bro... & well said.

Do Russianz pay for PPV? Most countries outside the US get it for free & the UFC gets a cable TV payment which offers the subscribers the fight for free... so I'm not sure if a huge following in Russia will add to the PPV sales. That is however something we don't talk much about on Sherdog though... what if an overseaz cable company gets millions of viewz? Does the UFC make more money? or is it just a standard deal that gets the same no matter what the viewership is? That's something I never thought of & it's certainly not something we discuss here on Sherdog. The holy grail seemz to be PPV numbers.

I suppose the PPV numbers are as good of a litmus test as any to see how well a card did.

Interestingly, there'z a handful of people out there who know exactly how well a card did across all media... & that info is exclusive to only those few.

You make a good point and I have no clue how it works in Russia as far as ppv goes. What about Ireland? Do you know if they have a ppv model? Maybe not a significant number but I am sure Irish buy ppvs for Conor in usa and other contries where it is a ppv model. Russians would be the same. Not sure about the Russian population in usa, my barbers were always Russian though anf interestingly enough most of them watched mma :D. I would say a famous fighter from a country other than US adds significantly to the live Gate number.

Btw the two Irish couples I know in Melbourne, both invited me to watch ufc 205 with them. The only problem was I wasnt exactly rooting for Conor lol

Last edited:
The one before it is the Correia fight. That fight is where her PPV numbers exploded too. What exactly happened before the Correia fight to turn Ronda into such a big star?
Great question. F*ck if I know. It's all "casual" attention. I rarely google MMA people as a longtime Hardcore fan... so it's casual interest that googles.

Maybe it's 2 winz in under 30 secondz... The Expendables 3 came out in 2014... in early march 2015 Rousey & the 4 horsewomen made an appearance on WWE... so maybe it's stuff like that.

interesting specs though. Even though the PPV numbers didn't surpass macs... it seemz her google searches did. Interesting stuff anyway.

You make a good point and I have no clue how it works in Russia as far as ppv goes. What about Ireland? Do you know if they have a ppv model? Maybe not a significant number but I am sure Irish buy ppvs for Conor in usa and other contries where it is a ppv model. Russians would be the same. Not sure about the Russian population in usa, my barbers were always Russian though anf interestingly enough most of them watched mma :D. I would say a famous fighter from a country other than US adds significantly to the live Gate number.
Can't say for sure about Ireland... but just across the pond in Britain is free... so I'd assume Ireland is as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back