Ronda Rousey: "The Olympians In Our Country Are Pretty Much Useless"

LOL @ being depressed....yeah while having tons of sex with tons of men helped her coped (made her happy). Feel bad for her husband and kids...She blames depression for her actions. But she was probably living out her fantasy, and depression was use as the excuse....the bitch enjoyed every bit of it

maybe; people sometimes lie about having them to excuse their actions but true psychiatric disorders like depression are just as serious medical problems as their physical counterparts.

Rofl Ronda competed in women's Olympic Judo and got a bronze, what did she expect? Judo in the US isn't very popular here but it is in Europe and Asia.

I guess Ronda forgot who Teddy Riner is and the fact that he makes tons of money.

Anyway I love the part where she literally talks about the purity of the Olympics (fighting for country, honor etc.) and then says MMA is more pure WHAT???? Olympians usually don't compete because they think they are going to win boatloads of money.

Last edited:
I think the wording would have been better if she said, "Being an olympian in this country is useless."

She doesn't seem to be all that bright.

I've always wondered what the motivation was with giving everything in life (up to that point) to compete in the Olympics.
It doesn't lead to a career or future job (sometimes it might). When the torch goes out, it's over.

I've always wondered what the motivation was with giving everything in life (up to that point) to compete in the Olympics.
It doesn't lead to a career or future job (sometimes it might). When the torch goes out, it's over.

What about the professional athletes, who compete in the Olympics? Do you even know how many Olympians profit from the sports that they play? Do you know how much money Olympians earn from sponsors, commercials, etc.? Can an Olympian not better his/her life and his/her family's (future) life because of success in whatever sport s/he plays, including for the Olympics? Your post is overwhelmingly reductionist and dumb.

You could say that about anything. When it's over, you're dead...

What about the professional athletes, who compete in the Olympics? Do you even know how many Olympians profit from the sports that they play? Do you know how much money Olympians earn from sponsors, commercials, etc.? Can an Olympian not better his/her life and his/her family's (future) life because of success in whatever sport s/he plays, including for the Olympics? Your post is overwhelmingly reductionist and dumb.

You could say that about anything. When it's over, you're dead...

You don't realize it, because you're only talking about the most visible people. This is the 1%.
The overwhelmingly majority don't make the final group, let alone medal. Of those that medal, only a few get the big, lucrative endorsements.

Pro athletes are a different category, and again, a very small minority.

You don't realize it, because you're only talking about the most visible people. This is the 1%.
The overwhelmingly majority don't make the final group, let alone medal. Of those that medal, only a few get the big, lucrative endorsements.

Yeah. A lot of olympic athletes make their family pay their way under the guise of them becoming big names. But it usually doesn't happen.

Being an athlete isn't a 'job' or useful service that deserves a salary or pension.

The only way you can turn it into a job is by entertaining people, promoting products, giving lessons etc.

Did she think she could just sit back and watch the free money roll in just because she won an olympic medal?

I wonder what she would be doing if she loses her next fight. Then the next, then the next...

Then she'll go back to judo for 10k i bet

I wonder what she would be doing if she loses her next fight. Then the next, then the next...

Then she'll go back to judo for 10k i bet

Once every 4 years? Even you on foodstamps makes more than that.

Exactly.

Being bronze medal in the heavier weights of female judo is not a big accomplishment either.

Being an athlete isn't a 'job' or useful service that deserves a salary or pension.

The only way you can turn it into a job is by entertaining people, promoting products, giving lessons etc.

Did she think she could just sit back and watch the free money roll in just because she won an olympic medal?

exactly

you remembered Spitz

SNAP!
2c9.gif

Back