"Ronda Rousey is the most dominant female athlete", really ? Have a look..

Let's start with her own base, Judo :

1047581_10_HD.jpg

Ryoko Tamura Tani

Two times Olympics gold (sydney 2000, Athens 2004), two times silver (Barcelona 1992, Atlanta 1996), bronze medal (Beijing 2008)

Seven times (!) World Champion (Hamilton 93, Chiba 95, Paris 97, Birmingham 99, Munich 2001, Osaka 03). World championships used to happen every two years in Judo, and she won 6 straight

Serena-Williams-img16902_668.jpg

Serena Williams

21 grand slams in Tennis major tournaments (6x Australian Open, 3x French Open, 6x Wimbledon, 6x US Open)

Ronda has 5 consecutive wins in the UFC. Compare.

Dat dere Serena is suspected of using some of the same substances as Cyborg.

That aside, there are all kinds of female athletes who have shown more dominance than Ronda - in their chosen sports. We all know Ronda is just riding the hype train while she can.

I would bet that in even if Ryoko Tani had trained her ass off for MMA, Ronda would beat her in the Octagon. Being the best at one sport doesn't mean you will be the best or even close to being a top contender in another fairly similar sport or event.

There are 26 female fighters in the bantamweight division. That means over 50% of the fighters are automatically in the top 15. Let that one sink in...

pretty good

It's tough for me to put her in the same category as girls like Serena Williams. The girls Serena face are top notch tennis players who have been training since they were kids. Many of these mma girls have less than 5 fights when they get into the ufc and face Ronda before 10 fights in so they are basically novices with 2-3 years training.

Dat dere Serena is suspected of using some of the same substances as Cyborg.

That aside, there are all kinds of female athletes who have shown more dominance than Ronda - in their chosen sports. We all know Ronda is just riding the hype train while she can.

I would bet that in even if Ryoko Tani had trained her ass off for MMA, Ronda would beat her in the Octagon. Being the best at one sport doesn't mean you will be the best or even close to being a top contender in another fairly similar sport or event.

Based on what? Ronda is below average at every aspect of MMA bar Judo

Back