Ronda Rousey getting 75k/75k + PPV cut for UFC 157?

It's too risky to put Cyborg in a main event at this point. She has both been proven to fail drug tests and miss weight, not the kind of person you want to base a huge fight on until she can prove otherwise with a couple of trouble-free tune-ups.

Dollar signs change everything my man. One Cyborg sees that cheque, I doubt she'll intentionally do something to fuck shit up.

Depends on what is the percentage of the cut. I would be interested in knowing what percentage Anderson gets.

2% cut of a 100K $50 PPV buy is still $100K.

I can't find the lowest PPV buy ever, but I've gone back more than seven years and the lowest I've found was from the ever exciting headliner of Arlovski vs Buentello, selling more than 125K at UFC 55.

On a totally different note, it's pretty interesting to look at the card and see how much has changed. That card was Chael's UFC debut, at LHW. In his second fight since winning TUF, Forrest Griffin co-headlined, fighting Elvis Sinosic, who has a 1-6 UFC record and was 6-8-2 at the time. And Arlovski TKO'd Buentello in 15 seconds. This was for the belt that Mir gave up, due to the motorcycle crash. Random, but I thought it was interesting.

and Chael weighed in at 197 with his jeans on, he was hardly a LHW at the time (pre TRT), but was taking fights at anyweight anywhere there was a paycheck. Also, Chael passed on a spot on TUF 1 because teammates Leben and Quarry were on it and Chael was already negotiating to get into the UFC.

Dollar signs change everything my man. One Cyborg sees that cheque, I doubt she'll intentionally do something to fuck shit up.

We'll see, Tito is her manager and he doesn't seem to know what he's doing. Dana White has offered Mike Dolce to be her personal nutritionist (free of charge) to help her safely slim down to be a 135 pounder and so far I haven't heard that Tito and Cyborg have accepted. They keep insisting that Ronda move up to a non-existent UFC weight class to fight her.

Let's not forget backroom bonuses

yougonget.jpg

Too bad she's not getting that much PPV buys.

Man, a lot of guys are getting paid on this card. You have three fighters with PPV bonus'. If this PPV does the 400K I'm expecting, Ronda will come out of it with 1.4 mill lol

damn rousey is gonna get rich real quick! lucky for all her friends.

im glad Rousey will be much richer than Gina. Gina ditched MMA to make movies and we all know what dana thinks of this shit. She ditched us the whole mma community and momentarily killed womens MMA. Now, Rousey will be a multi millionaire in the UFC in 2014 and Gina will make a B-movie making 5% of it

Last edited:
She's a champion and a viable star. How the fuck is $75k to show $75k to win good, even with a slice of the PPV (who knows what that would be) that is a joke.

MMA payscales are still in the darkages and it drives me crazy, Rugby players are making more on average and that is a far smaller sport worldwide and in terms of viewership.

"getting paid" fuck outta here

Assuming she wins and comes out unscathed, she's going to have made a guaranteed $150k by February. She will fight again during the year, possibly thrice more.

Sorry, but $150k is great money and more than you will probably get for your entire years work. It's way, way more than I will earn this year and I get by. Rugby is a bigger sport than MMA too, by far. The top UK rugby players are getting around

I wish Ronda the best of luck, she is by far my favorite female mixed martial artist out there. She has it all, the looks, the skill and the brains to back up her trash talk and everything she has to say.

That being said, this could potentially end really badly for the UFC. It's reported that so far less than 5K tickets have been sold for this event. It kinda seems rushed that Dana is just taking her star power over from Strikeforce and moving her over to the UFC without much introduction to the casual fan.

I mean, I fully expect Ronda to beat Liz by armbar in the first round, but if it doesn't go down that way, how the hell is Dana going to sell a PPV with Carmouche headling, well I'll tell you, he couldn't...

That. would. be. hilarious.

Good for her, I just hope Hendo and Machida get their cut too. I think this PPV would have sold way more PPVs if they made Hendo/Machida the main even and Rousey/Carmouche the co main. I'm predicting a PPV buyrate of around 250,000, not sure how much money that translates into for Rousey. If Randy's old contract is something to go off, she's probably gonna make another 100k from the PPV cut. Then bring in the sponsors, she's getting paid well come UFC 157.

Totally False. The people who have PPV cuts don't get a win bonus. They have a flat fee.

I'd be willing to bet Mir gets some sort of PPV share, believe it or not he is a semi-draw. And he has a a win bonus.

McDonalds makes hundreds of million, billions maybe, and pay their people less than 9 bucks an hour to start. Crazy world when you look at the bottom line of an entire company and contrast that to the salary of an employee.

Taxes has nothing to do with DW, so throwing that in there is like somehow putting their tax burden on him as well. Anyway, if the fighters make the lions share then what happens when Carwin gets 250K for his title fight, plus PPV revenue, sponsor money and then loses. What makes this guy want to come back when in all reality he was only in two big fights before his title shot? What, a couple good fights and he gets how much money? Enough to retire?

He hasn't come back yet, and that's being broke! We would never see the dude again if all the sudden this sort of top ten fighter became rich off two top ten wins. Silly. Shit, some of these guys would only fight once a year if they made much more money. You can barely drag Silva in these days, there isn't much left to barter with in his case. The price can only go up once you set that tone the UFc is chasing it's tail.

well a McDonalds worker quiting does nothing what so ever for McDonalds's Business, if someone like Carwin wants to quit before a Main event fight UFC's in big trouble, these fighters obviously get Paid much much more then what people think even uncle creepy said that, he got paid a crap ton, yet people thought he only got 8k -8k for win, Ronda is in the 100's of thousands, that's pretty much certain

Assuming she wins and comes out unscathed, she's going to have made a guaranteed $150k by February. She will fight again during the year, possibly thrice more.

Sorry, but $150k is great money and more than you will probably get for your entire years work. It's way, way more than I will earn this year and I get by. Rugby is a bigger sport than MMA too, by far. The top UK rugby players are getting around

lol, fail

Now the question remains, let's be conservative and say that they did 400 000 buys. How much are regular ppv cuts?

Good thing we have you around and your spot on analysis. Any stocks you recommend so I know what to stay away from?

The 75/75 is wrong, so the PPV cut might also be off. I am sure she made a boat load though. Probably as much as some people make in their life.

Ian McCall was paid 9,000 dollars for UFC on FX 3. In total he made over 80,000 for that fight according to him.

Backroom bonuses are a huge portion of fight money and they are undisclosed.

Here's what he had to say on the UG:

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_13847.shtml

"Dana says he doesn't like to give out real numbers, which is [definitely] the truth cause I came on here and saw people saying things like I shoulda got paid more even though I lost but I headlined the card.

I did, Dana sent me an extra 25k right after the fight plus i got main event sponsor money haha

The UFC pays you to do your job, if you do it then you get paid good... in my UFC debut I made over $80,000... that's a lot of money for a division half the MMA community didn't know existed!!

I love all of you guys, most of you know my life story, I just wanted you to know that I get taken care of by the UFC real well, ESPECIALLY when it comes to $!

All i gotta do now is beat the crap out of someone and move forward and start making anderson moneyyy !!!!!!! :)

Dana leaves it up to the fighters to talk about their pay, a lot of you guys dont know we get paid a lot more than what you see..

that is all :)"

Back