Ronda Rousey getting 75k/75k + PPV cut for UFC 157?

When you market someone big you gotta come with some cash, otherwise it's weird to catch them on primetime shows and see them hanging out in a one bed room apartment, then leaving and having problems starting their car - asking the cameramen for a jump start on a Honda Civic doesn't make a star

I'm happy for Rousey. But come on WTF 12,000 fighting in a main event??? That has to be the lowest pay or a main event in the UFC EVER. I hope to god she get's a piece of the ppv.

She's a champion and a viable star. How the fuck is $75k to show $75k to win good, even with a slice of the PPV (who knows what that would be) that is a joke.

MMA payscales are still in the darkages and it drives me crazy, Rugby players are making more on average and that is a far smaller sport worldwide and in terms of viewership.

"getting paid" fuck outta here

I wish Ronda the best of luck, she is by far my favorite female mixed martial artist out there. She has it all, the looks, the skill and the brains to back up her trash talk and everything she has to say.

That being said, this could potentially end really badly for the UFC. It's reported that so far less than 5K tickets have been sold for this event. It kinda seems rushed that Dana is just taking her star power over from Strikeforce and moving her over to the UFC without much introduction to the casual fan.

I mean, I fully expect Ronda to beat Liz by armbar in the first round, but if it doesn't go down that way, how the hell is Dana going to sell a PPV with Carmouche headling, well I'll tell you, he couldn't...

It's kinda weird because both Hendo and Machida will be making more than 75 and 12. Makes even less sense now that this is the main event.

Don't get me wrong I like this fight on the card. Just no should be main, and Danas numbers speak for themselves.

I wish Ronda the best of luck, she is by far my favorite female mixed martial artist out there. She has it all, the looks, the skill and the brains to back up her trash talk and everything she has to say.

That being said, this could potentially end really badly for the UFC. It's reported that so far less than 5K tickets have been sold for this event. It kinda seems rushed that Dana is just taking her star power over from Strikeforce and moving her over to the UFC without much introduction to the casual fan.

I mean, I fully expect Ronda to beat Liz by armbar in the first round, but if it doesn't go down that way, how the hell is Dana going to sell a PPV with Carmouche headling, well I'll tell you, he couldn't...

Yeah idk what they were thinking with Carmouche. She is not very well know at all in WMMA

Yeah idk what they were thinking with Carmouche. She is not very well know at all in WMMA

It's good publicity with the gay community that's why Carmouche is fighting Ronda.

Damn!!! Looks like Ronda getting paid!

Her manager denying that she is gonna make that much, but with Dana been so in love with her I can see him paying her that much.

The UFC did give Lombard like a 300 k signing bonus, I can see them paying Ronda that much.

U guys think her manager full of B.S?

Source: Rounda Rousey manager shoots down report of her making $75k/$75k plus PPV cut for UFC 157

Totally False. The people who have PPV cuts don't get a win bonus. They have a flat fee.

I'm happy for Rousey. But come on WTF 12,000 fighting in a main event??? That has to be the lowest pay or a main event in the UFC EVER. I hope to god she get's a piece of the ppv.

Carwin got 40K for Lesnar. I would say 12 for what's her name is fine - she's doing it, isn't she?

If Carwin only made 40 k that's terribly sad

he lost, why so sad for 40 thousand dollars in his pocket? If he would have had more gas in his tank he would have turned that 40K into a retirements nest that consisted of a small private island somewhere, but he didn't, he got beat -

he lost, why so sad for 40 thousand dollars in his pocket? If he would have had more gas in his tank he would have turned that 40K into a retirements nest that consisted of a small private island somewhere, but he didn't, he got beat -

When the promotion makes millions and millions and a main event fighter get's 40 k -taxes and gym fees etc. that's sad. The fighters should make lions share. You know the guys bleeding the octagon red.. They should get fat pockets, not farking Dana White.

She's a champion and a viable star. How the fuck is $75k to show $75k to win good, even with a slice of the PPV (who knows what that would be) that is a joke.

MMA payscales are still in the darkages and it drives me crazy, Rugby players are making more on average and that is a far smaller sport worldwide and in terms of viewership.

"getting paid" fuck outta here

she's a woman in her first fight in the ufc

how the fuck isn't $150k+ good? in what world is that not impressive, for doing 1/3rd or possibly 1/4 of your work for the year

ppv bonuses aren't something to laugh at either

Apparently she was willing to take the fight. Nobody is lining up to fight Ronda right now. Carmouche wasn't the first one to get an offer but she was the first to say yes.

Back