Ronda Rousey getting 75k/75k + PPV cut for UFC 157?

That's not really that much? She is the women's champion.

The pay in the UFC is ridiculous. I'll say one thing. Dana and the Fertida brothers are raking it in.

It's kinda weird because both Hendo and Machida will be making more than 75 and 12. Makes even less sense now that this is the main event.

Don't get me wrong I like this fight on the card. Just no should be main, and Danas numbers speak for themselves.

It's not like it's the first time main eventers made less than others on the card. Michael Bisping made more for his fight at 152 ($425 000 with win bonus) than Johnson and Benavidez earned combined (a whopping $61 500 shared, $40 grand for DJ, $21500 for JB, and they were the original main event before Bones/Belfort were added).

Its not much if we're talking champion's pay but I am sure it will be raised for the next fight if she performs well.

And hey- only five months ago, Rousey was earning 20k/20k. 75k/75k is nearly four times that man.

When the promotion makes millions and millions and a main event fighter get's 40 k -taxes and gym fees etc. that's sad. The fighters should make lions share. You know the guys bleeding the octagon red.. They should get fat pockets, not farking Dana White.

McDonalds makes hundreds of million, billions maybe, and pay their people less than 9 bucks an hour to start. Crazy world when you look at the bottom line of an entire company and contrast that to the salary of an employee.

Taxes has nothing to do with DW, so throwing that in there is like somehow putting their tax burden on him as well. Anyway, if the fighters make the lions share then what happens when Carwin gets 250K for his title fight, plus PPV revenue, sponsor money and then loses. What makes this guy want to come back when in all reality he was only in two big fights before his title shot? What, a couple good fights and he gets how much money? Enough to retire?

He hasn't come back yet, and that's being broke! We would never see the dude again if all the sudden this sort of top ten fighter became rich off two top ten wins. Silly. Shit, some of these guys would only fight once a year if they made much more money. You can barely drag Silva in these days, there isn't much left to barter with in his case. The price can only go up once you set that tone the UFc is chasing it's tail.

Totally False. The people who have PPV cuts don't get a win bonus. They have a flat fee.

Not true at all. Overeem got a win bonus and a PPV cut.

and $75k + $75k + PPV + six figures in sponsorship money is a lot more than the $2k +$2k Cyborg is going to make in the peanut leagues if she doesn't cut to 135.

It's kinda weird because both Hendo and Machida will be making more than 75 and 12. Makes even less sense now that this is the main event.

Don't get me wrong I like this fight on the card. Just no should be main, and Danas numbers speak for themselves.

I'm sure that both Rashad and Reem will be getting more then Aldo and Frankie at 156

According to the disclosed fighter payroll in her last fight she had a 20k/20k deal in Strikeforce. I would expect 50k/50k at least in the UFC as the champ.

McDonalds makes hundreds of million, billions maybe, and pay their people less than 9 bucks an hour to start

LMAO, this gotta be worst comparison ever, dont you realize no one comes to Mcduck to see their employees? While sport is all about the star athletes

LMAO, this gotta be worst comparison ever, dont you realize no one comes to Mcduck to see their employees? While sport is all about the star athletes

lol , i lol'd at that post too

but if the UFC wasn't spending millions of dollars to market her... would she be a star?

PPV cut eh? Too bad the PPV buys will be terrible.

Do an Ultimate Fighter with her and Cyborg, and then have them fight on FOX. BAM. Instant ratings for the UFC. Perhaps the highest viewed fight in MMA history on Network Television if done correctly.

lol , i lol'd at that post too

Did you fruits, by any chance, in between good hearty lol's, happen to read the rest of the post? Ok, so that's why you only mentioned this one line, cause you realize you're dumb, got it...

Do an Ultimate Fighter with her and Cyborg, and then have them fight on FOX. BAM. Instant ratings for the UFC. Perhaps the highest viewed fight in MMA history on Network Television if done correctly.

It's too risky to put Cyborg in a main event at this point. She has both been proven to fail drug tests and miss weight, not the kind of person you want to base a huge fight on until she can prove otherwise with a couple of trouble-free tune-ups.

sport is all about the star athletes

And Carwin getting more than 40 is star pay, right? But under that or at that, isn't? Can you tell me how much each fighter should earn, or at least let me in on your formula for how to pay Carwin for his title fight with Lesnar.

I know you don't know shit, but at least back up your contrarian opinion to Dana's pay scale in some other fashion then latching onto one part of some statement I made and how it isn't living up to your preferable standards of professional comparisons.

How much pay is correct?

Depends on what is the percentage of the cut. I would be interested in knowing what percentage Anderson gets.

2% cut of a 100K $50 PPV buy is still $100K.

I can't find the lowest PPV buy ever, but I've gone back more than seven years and the lowest I've found was from the ever exciting headliner of Arlovski vs Buentello, selling more than 125K at UFC 55.

On a totally different note, it's pretty interesting to look at the card and see how much has changed. That card was Chael's UFC debut, at LHW. In his second fight since winning TUF, Forrest Griffin co-headlined, fighting Elvis Sinosic, who has a 1-6 UFC record and was 6-8-2 at the time. And Arlovski TKO'd Buentello in 15 seconds. This was for the belt that Mir gave up, due to the motorcycle crash. Random, but I thought it was interesting.

Back