Ronda ko proves conor-aldo was not dominant

The way you think it should be, which you haven't supported in any way.

I don't need to support anything. I said the way it should be and that is the way it should be. No immediate rematches from KO losses.

A close decision, ok but not a finish. You get finished then go get some wins. That's the proper way to do it. The only reason you don't it that way is to abuse favortism and put in the "stars" for quick rematches. I hate that shit.

Also i don't care how long you were champion. Acting like you are owed quick rematches because you held the title for a long time and defended x amount of times is stupid too. Don't lose it in the first place.

But they did lose it so get some wins over contenders. That's the proper way to do it.

Why would Conor need to fight Aldo again after beating him so easily and quickly?

How many times does someone need to get knocked out for it to be sufficient?
How many times doesn someone need to get rocked and chocked out for it to be sufficient? With Conor, I guess the answer is as many times as he wants

How many times doesn someone need to get rocked and chocked out for it to be sufficient? With Conor, I guess the answer is as many times as he wants

What does that have to do with anything?

So Conor doesn't mean shit WW. I agree with you. Good point.

and he will fight the number one person in line after he gets his much deserved break and no your opinion does not matter to them or their company.

You don't get to walk into McDonald's board room and decide their man hours because you bought a fucking cheeseburger.
But if the entire world collectively stopped buying "Big Macs," they'd be forced to change the menu

We don't need to sit in the board room as consumers to get our voices heard

But if the entire world collectively stopped buying "Big Macs," they'd be forced to change the menu

We don't need to sit in the board room as consumers to get our voices heard

MMA fans are not all backing out though. I'm a hardcore fan and i'm VERY happy.

I'm not taking this for granted as i was a boxing fan my entire childhood and now i get to see the best fight the best every card instead of can crushing. I'm very grateful and i know full well this could all go crumbling down in a heartbeat.

There is no exodus of fans happening and if there is then that's a good thing. Get the fair weather fans outta here.

You're right TS.

Conor spent half a year promoting aldos biggest payday. Only to have Aldo run from USADA and pull out of the 1st fight.

In his place Conor fought a juiced to the gills Mendes and stopped him.

Conor then spends more time letting Aldo "heal".

Finally Aldo shows up and makes more money in one fight then his whole championship history.

Only problem, Aldo throws the same combination he throws every fight. No evolution and Conor has him timed. Bam

Slept. Easily.

Casual fans know what hard core fans deny. Conor starched the p4p #1 or 2 Guy in 13 seconds.

Conor moves on to fight aldos buddy for the 155 strap.

Aldo moves to the back room. Crying. Then to TV screaming "anytime any place" "belt or no belt" " even in the streets".....

Aldos buddy hurts his foot........ and Aldo is offered the rematch.

He turns it down.................

Yea TS. Conor doesn't need to fight Aldo ever again. He owns his soul. And to most of the population Aldo gets to go down as the guy who got slept in 13 seconds.
Well played sir, well played...

Check your facts please. Aldo turned down a late notice 3 week fight with no training camp.
Why does it matter how short the notice is? He turned down the fight, period. Actually 3 weeks is better for him, less time to get "hurt."

WRONG.

HW is shallow as fuck and still Cain won a fight to get his rematch.
Also has won vs Frankie. Now how is that different. Only thing is that Conor was stripped, but had he remained at 145, he would be facing Aldo again

it doesn't matter. conor won and those two will never fight each other again.

It's going in the exact direction that ruined boxing. Overall, it's not good for the sport itself. I don't think it's "Conor's fault" or anything like that. The sport is managed with a huge focus on entertainment, look at Ronda's situation right now. The build up surrounding her was immense, now it looks borderline silly: her competitors evolved.

The MW is even worse IMO. Bisping got a bizarre win against Silva, KOd Rockhold (good riddance), but it's a division with Romero, Jacare, Weidman and Rockhold who could be putting up a lot more interesting fights than the Hendo one. It's a shame.

It isn't Conor's fault, but some blame can go his way. Ultimately it's the UFC and Dana's fault. They're in a cash grab for right now and not really caring about what the future holds, which is the complete opposite of what they did the previous years

It isn't Conor's fault, but some blame can go his way. Ultimately it's the UFC and Dana's fault. They're in a cash grab for right now and not really caring about what the future holds, which is the complete opposite of what they did the previous years

I don't like Conor, I think his persona is a bad example for martial artists and sports in general. However, he is not a match maker, he is not responsible for determining when and how competition happens: so, it's not his fault. His terrible persona was used for profit by even worse people.

As bad as federations are, sports with proper international federations are more credible than...well, businesses.

What difference does it make that they didn't fight for a belt? It was a fight for the number one contender at a time when the BW division was still in it's infancy, the fight was very important at the time but regardless a fluke is a fluke no matter which event in which it occurred in so not sure why them fighting for the WEC belt would of changed anything in your mind.

Aldo certainly has the more impressive resume over Swanson but again your grasping at straws. The overall point is that right before the Frankie and Cub fight you had Aldo fans acting like both guys but especially Cub weren't worthy of a rematch yet Aldo gets starched in a fight that is IMO less of a fluke (you had Conor saying before the fight how it would end) and now he's entitled to a rematch just because of his previous title defenses, most of which seem like they happened an eternity ago now.

Had Cub beat Frankie, he would have been worthy of a rematch, but he didn't. You just don't get a rematch because you lost quickly in a "flukey" situation. Had Aldo/Mcgregor not been for a title, nobody would be calling for a rematch. But because Aldo had a decade of dominance with 9 total title defenses, he deserved it. Cub Swanson did nothing to deserve a rematch with Aldo

Your point to what i wrote? Yes we all know he one punch kod a lunging all time great jose aldo (doing something bes never done before in going for ki punch right away). The bait worked and mcgregor counted in that by what he himself said. He knows it wont happen again even close to like that. He got the best scenerio he could have.

I don't like Conor, I think his persona is a bad example for martial artists and sports in general. However, he is not a match maker, he is not responsible for determining when and how competition happens: so, it's not his fault. His terrible persona was used for profit by even worse people.

As bad as federations are, sports with proper international federations are more credible than...well, businesses.

While I agree with what you said, Conor is the one that other fighters are trying to replicate with their words and actions leading up to and right after fights. So even though he's not the one who determines how competition happens, he's had a part in how it's currently going at the moment with the entitlement factor that all fighters think they have

As a longtime Cub Swanson fan I can recall several of Aldo's fans and even some who weren't his fans who claimed that a rematch between the two fighters was pointless and wouldn't draw any interest since the results of their first match were so definitive.

Just find it a bit ironic that now that the shoe is on the other foot that it's considered a fluke win by McGregor and that the fight didn't show us much of anything. Just wanted to say that a lot of Aldo fans and supporters weren't singing that exact tune not that long ago but it's funny how quickly things can change I guess.
Sorry as good as cub is he ain't aldo. I and most would give him very little chance to beat jose in a rematch.

Pussy ass TS white Knighting for Aldo and trying to use a Rousey beatdown to do it. TS, you'd get slapped in person for even saying something this dumb.

It is taken as gospel that conor dominated aldo with his 13 sec ko and thats why Aldo didn't deserve rematch. Well ive always contended that a quick one punch ko like that proves little when the two fighters are top level. Ronda getted truly pummeled and kod against nunes in 48 seconds shows what a definent gap in mma skill looks like.

If he would have done what nunes did(prolonged striking exchanges) against aldo it would show a lot. What he did vs alvarez was more impressive when it comes to showing who is truly better. Imo the fact eddie got to the 2nd not being even close to as good of a striker as aldo shows that the 13 second ko was the best case scenario for conor.

Wow...such intelligent posts on sherdog...this is truly impressive!
This is some really good insight.
A second fight with aldo will DEF be different and not a 13 sec fight.
However..i dont think theyll fight again.
It may change if Khabib beats Conor...OR if aldo Challenges conor at 155.
If Aldo beat conor at 155...Damn...he goes WAY up in my book.

Why would JDS need to fight Cain again after beating him so easily and quickly?

Ahh the logic. Yes.

So why did Rockhold who beat Bisping in a convincing manner lose the rematch?

What's your logic?

Everyone knows Conor is the better fighter but this is MMA Aldo could land a lucky punch in a rematch.
If that happens, what of it?

I'd like to see Conor knock Aldos head off again to be honest. It would shut a lot of big mouths up around here.

Back