Ronda has been on CNN's homepage all day

She's the Michael Brown of MMA. The leftist media and hoards have her back and if you dare mention the obvious, you will be cyber bullied by neck beards, white knights and Zuffa schills.

Who does he play for? This is an athlete people have to pay a lot of money to watch. Hardly linked to some cause. The ufc ain't a charity.

She's their biggest star in the same way Maria Sharapova is tennis's biggest star. She is potentially a bigger cultural icon that Masha though. The whole modern feminist movement has found its darling and they will push her relentlessly in the media.

I wonder if Ronda will be nice enough not to give Conor the verbal pimp hand next time he suggests he's the biggest star in the UFC when they are at a press conference together again

She is getting this attention purely because feminism is mainstream now, more than ever before. She's a woman in a very masculine sport. That's the top & bottom of it.

Spot on. And to be fair to her, she looks good on front covers. Better than Cyborg anyway.

It's a perfect climate for Ronda Rousey to become famous, and she's been very smart in how she's promoted herself. She's a fighter and a woman, so this is more interesting than just being a fighter.

Ten or fifteen years ago this would have been a liability for her IMO. "Now they're making women fight in cages? We need to put a stop to this now!"

I wonder if Ronda will be nice enough not to give Conor the verbal pimp hand next time he suggests he's the biggest star in the UFC when they are at a press conference together again

When Conor lies, if you look closely, his cameltoe says the truth.

McGeek_zpsaferspl4.jpg

Mad respect to her but the worst part of her success is that she is Everywhere now and she is becoming like the "Yankees" or "man united" of MMA. So many front runners coming out of the woodwork as fans. I can't stand my Facebook right now, the Ronda love is getting to be too much.

When Conor lies, if you look closely, his cameltoe says the truth.

McGeek_zpsaferspl4.jpg

I was waiting for your usual garbage contribution to this thread because you love to post on every thread, did not leave disappointed

Yep, way bigger than Brock or anyone else they've ever had. The closest thing they've had to Ronda was Chuck, who became an icon and still has a respectably marketable brand today.

Chuck?
Ummm are you kidding?

She's the Michael Brown of MMA. The leftist media and hoards have her back and if you dare mention the obvious, you will be cyber bullied by neck beards, white knights and Zuffa schills.

huh??

This is some irrational drivel

Kimbo Slice is MMA's biggest star.

I can see the comparison. Chuck was the first mma dude who was like in other shit

Chuck had little if no mainstream media attention.
When Chuck was still fighting he was only known by fans of the sport, which were not many

Which makes it all the more laughable when neckbeards on here say she "needs to fight Cyborg", as if that would be some huge thing for her career. She's getting huge media exposure and big money knocking out secretaries.

When Chuck was still fighting he was only known by fans of the sport, which were not many

Chuck got some attention in the mainstream (i.e. Late Night talk shows), but he at most got 5% of what Ronda is getting now.

He absolutely did not have the same appeal as Ronda but he did other stuff. I remember him on he Simpsons and Entourage back in the day when you didn't see mma fighters in stuff .

Which makes it all the more laughable when neckbeards on here say she "needs to fight Cyborg", as if that would be some huge thing for her career. She's getting huge media exposure and big money knocking out secretaries.

The Cyborg thing is more about being the best female MMA fighter in the world

If someone suggests Cyborg is needed to make her a star, they're dumb.

However, a Ronda vs Cyborg fight that receives the marketing that Conor's last fight did would easily be the biggest fight that the UFC has ever done

Back