Ronda a star, Joanna star potential, why UFC has not 145 WMMA division already ?

It's really not hard and it's been mentioned hundreds of times. 145 is a wasteland. There's probably not even 10 women at 145 how compete at that weight class on a regular basis. It is in fact the cyborg division and will probably fold when she retires. A 125 class is more realistic and will probably happen down the road

SF had already folded it after she got popped.

Problem is that if you make a heavier division than Ronda

I don't get it, in Ronda division there was just Ronda and Miesha, then Zingano emerged

Do you really say you can't build a division around 1 fighter ? Just look at joanna and Ronda, they are the definition of division build around one fighter

WBW had people like Kaufman, Davis, Zingano, Tate, Eye way before Ronda started.. it was already a deeper division in Strikeforce than WFW was, even before Ronda joined

First of all attempting to build a division around an aging fighter with a history of PED use would be a very risky move for any organization.

On top of that as many others have stated, there is no talent in that division whatsoever after Cyborg and Coenen (who should be at 135 and would be in the UFC if not for the fact she trains at Golden glory). Most of the fighters at 145 are up in age and there is no young talent that could carry the division in the event that Cyborg is popped for PEDs again, is injured for a long period, retires, or loses.

I don't get it, in Ronda division there was just Ronda and Miesha, then Zingano emerged

Do you really say you can't build a division around 1 fighter ? Just look at joanna and Ronda, they are the definition of division build around one fighter

No thats just to you there was only 2 fighters.+ most of the 135ers are people who came up from 125 and dropped down from 145.

Top 12 145ers courtsey of tapology

Cyborg
Coenen
Budd
van duin
Yamanaka-last fought 2 years ago
maxwell-last fought 3 years ago
walker
bell
kunitskya-last fought 3 years ago
Ruyseen- last fought 3 years ago
Bucci
Marina shafir -3 pro fights ko in her last 2 fights

That sounds like the two UFC wmma divisions right now, and was not a problem

If you make the division in UFC, you give those women reasons to chose the fighter life, first give them the space, then they will grow up

No it don't. Did you see the post with the top 10 for wfw? The top 10 was mostly women with less than 15 fights and middling win/loss records. WBW & WSW were and are nothing like that. Yes they brought ronda in to be the 135 champ but the talent pool was already there. The only fighter that ufc "created" was julianna pena, the rest were already competing before ufc's 135 division.

Women's SW? Joanna happened. They definitely didn't plan on it or else they would've gotten her on ultimate fighter, when they did the tournament. The fact that karate hottie left AW and invicta to fight a weight class up and isn't being handed a title shot speaks enough for depth of that division.

145 has marloes and borg. Neither are spring chickens anymore and coenen can't beat borg. So what exactly would you be selling at 145? Borg fighting a 7-4 fighter? Lmfao. Which she did iirc. Again rotfl lmfao

115 built around Joanna? That's pretty laughable, considering she wasn't signed until after filming had already begun for TUF 20. 115 was created because Invicta built it up and showed it was a popular division.

I think they should add W145, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend it's close to W115 or even W135 in depth. It's an absolute joke. But I'd still be interested in adding it for the Cyborg title fights. Just keep everything else in Invicta and out of the UFC so we aren't subject to all the crap. Let Cyborg just violently smash cans, and maybe get a few mildly interesting foes from women moving up from 135 for a quick title shot like Tate, Zingano, Nunes, McMann.

When Cyborg retires, if no one else has made a name for themselves at W145, you scrap the division like they did with the 155 pound division for a while. Not a big deal.

145 is the super heavies for women.

I dont think so, I have seen some uber women training in gym, not by miself in training camp pics.

When mixed martial arts begun there was no talent either, first you give them the division, the talent will grow up from there

This makes the most sense. We all know you dont even need legitimate opponents to make a divison around one fighter, so that responses makes no sens, but Ronda and UFC marketing department losing the "baddest woman in the world" title, thats makes sense. Really, not being sarcastic, wasnt crossed my mind.

You are just a hater, got it.

Because 145 is the least successful weight class in MMA. They should do 125 before 145.

115 built around Joanna? That's pretty laughable, considering she wasn't signed until after filming had already begun for TUF 20. 115 was created because Invicta built it up and showed it was a popular division.

I'll make it simpler.

The UFC isn't bringing in that barren wasteland of a division because Metallicalabran is yet another FOX Noob who made a thread on a subject he knows absolutely nothing about.

Back