Romulo Barral no-arm triangle at worlds video

hahahahahahahaha
36780_118076661572417_111497215563695_105831_3523072_n.jpg

I would like to know how the fuck he did this

wow, i cant believe a black belt tapped to that.

Ah, the infamous "cup in the neck" technique. I don't care what anybody says, armless triangles are butt-ass ugly. It's a comp, and I don't blame, I just don't think I'll ever say, "WOW, beautiful armless triangle! Picture perfect technique!"

might not look nice but it saves me sometimes from the babywipe or double underhook pass, that being said i usually use my own arm in place of my oponents arm and it looked like romulo barral didnt use an arm at all just legs on both sides of the neck and pulling down the head......never seen that way of doing the technique kinda weird =/

Would anything have stopped the opponent from bench pressing Romulo's thighs away and slipping his head out? I don't see how this hold could actually be on very tight.

I think he had his fist on the treachea. Or something?

yeah, he had to have had his left hand in there somewhere... didn't he...?

Last edited:
yes he had his hand in the collar, its a legit submission, once its on you are not getting out... generally its not too hard to defend it early but i thik he caught the other BB by surprise

Forum poster Balto has actually used this technique with some success before. He actually tapped out a (legit) black belt from another gym with it.

Would anything have stopped the opponent from bench pressing Romulo's thighs away and slipping his head out? I don't see how this hold could actually be on very tight.

my only guess is that there could have been a gi choke/grab to tighten it. cant really tell from the angle what was happening from the front.

Armless triangle is butter, you just have to drive that fist into the throat to get the tap. Previous poster is spot-on, easy to defend early, but once its on the guy is fucked.

Armless triangle is butter, you just have to drive that fist into the throat to get the tap. Previous poster is spot-on, easy to defend early, but once its on the guy is fucked.

I have finished a armless triangle and didn't need to put my fist into the throat to finish it. Had my hand deep in the collar, same as for x-collar choke, and then slapped the triangle on.

Secret Armenian Triangle, no one has guessed it right

Back