Romulo Barral no-arm triangle at worlds video

must have been a gi choke... I just cant imagine any other way

The way i do it is to grab the shin (cross grip) of the leg over the neck, with the palm facing out. Lift elbow, squeeze knees etc. Obvious benefit over grabbing the collar is that it works no gi

Romulo told me at draculino's when he was down for the fight. He said that a white belt taught him the move actually, and it is WITHOUT a hand in the collar. He said there IS a technique about it that he had to learn and told me he wouldn't show me until he caught me in it once or twice and then laughed lol.

He said he told the kid that he was going to use it in the tournament before it began and when he landed it..he turned and pointed at him as to say say "thanks and I told you I would use it." He said you can see him do it in the video.

Romulo told me at draculino's when he was down for the fight. He said that a white belt taught him the move actually, and it is WITHOUT a hand in the collar. He said there IS a technique about it that he had to learn and told me he wouldn't show me until he caught me in it once or twice and then laughed lol.

He said he told the kid that he was going to use it in the tournament before it began and when he landed it..he turned and pointed at him as to say say "thanks and I told you I would use it." He said you can see him do it in the video.

You can actually see him saying something after the match. I always thought he was telling some other team mate that it actually works.

You are right, he is a kid who's still in high school at 17. He'll be a monster very soon, especially with Romulo's tutelage...

thats not just any black belt tapping out, thats bernardo faria. I guarantee if he tapped to that it was a VERY legit choke lol.

I do think you have to have kind of skinny legs though to complete the choke.

I was sitting near Romulo's cheering section when that happened and yes, he turned and pointed at a kid sitting there and the kid was like, "that's my triangle! that's my triangle"

video was taken down! :mad:

By the way, call me a noob or whatever (its true im new to all this) whats with the green and yellow belt. Saw Roger wearing one also

By the way, call me a noob or whatever (its true im new to all this) whats with the green and yellow belt. Saw Roger wearing one also

Its a belt they hand out to bad asses...its very special. I got one in the mail two weeks ago. :icon_chee

Just kidding, its just like in other sports where you have "red corner, blue corner" etc.

video was taken down! :mad:

It's for when both competitors have the same colour gi so the judges can tell the difference.

Walmart_moonwalk_cart.gif

Haha Yup thats me that showed him

I thought using your fist to finish the submission was called a bully choke.

Damn, the vid is no longer available... :-(

Back