Romero claims that there is 90% chance his first opponent is Rumble

I know its the fight to make but they should both have a tune up fight first, IMO. Rumble hasnt fought in a while and Yoel hasnt fought at 205 in a while, either.

I know its the fight to make but they should both have a tune up fight first, IMO. Rumble hasnt fought in a while and Yoel hasnt fought at 205 in a while, either.
I agree, but Coker is either going to smash them together on the next card, or will give either guy the ghost of Melvin Manhoef as a build-up fight. There's not enough depth on the Bellator roster, and Coker is not a patient man.

I agree, but Coker is either going to smash them together on the next card, or will give either guy the ghost of Melvin Manhoef as a build-up fight. There's not enough depth on the Bellator roster, and Coker is not a patient man.
There's not enough depth?

Nemkov, Bader, Davis, Rumble, Yoel, Corey, Lyoto, Anglickas, Yagshimuradov, Viktor Nemkov, Polizzi, Liam, Albrektsson, Biyong, Andriuskevicus, Neal, Manhoef, Trainer, Fortune, MacDonald, Edwards, Moore, Sakara etc

I'm pretty sure they can find 2 opponents for them ;)

Nemkov, Bader, Davis, Rumble, Yoel, Corey, Lyoto, Anglickas, Yagshimuradov, Viktor Nemkov, Polizzi, Liam, Albrektsson, Biyong, Andriuskevicus, Neal, Manhoef, Trainer, Fortune, MacDonald, Edwards, Moore, Sakara etc

Sakara against either of those dudes might be a fatality.

Bad matchmaking.

Give them a rando quick to start them off.

It shouldn't be. Let them work up to it. And knock off everybody else on the way.

Rumble vs Romero <20>

EpXXMhFXcAAgf5m

Last edited:

I guess they have more dudes in their roster than I realized. Cheers!

If they are both out of their element, it's a great time to make the fight.

Its gonna be the 10% where its not I think

Yeah I don't get this either. People are acting like they're two unknown prospects they have to build up.

I think it'll be an exciting fight, but I don't love it from the perspective of overall management of the division.

I don't think they need to be built up, but it's just a little odd to have two big signings of UFC guys fight each other right away, I'd much rather they get tests against solid Bellator guys to see how they stand in the division, this would be like if Rory and Larkin had debuted against each other, we won't learn a lot. When I think of huge signings from other orgs I get excited for crossover fights to see how the two distinct divisional "ecosystems" interact, we don't really get that when it's two guys who haven't been in the division. Add to that that they're both somewhat unknown quantities atm, with rumble's layoff and Yoel's long absence from the weight class, it might be tough to use this fight as much of a measuring stick.

There's also the issue that this sets at least one of their bluechip signings up for an immediate devastating loss (based on their styles whoever loses is probably going to sleep, not a great look to start off on).

I think it'll be an exciting fight, but I don't love it from the perspective of overall management of the division.

I don't think they need to be built up, but it's just a little odd to have two big signings of UFC guys fight each other right away, I'd much rather they get tests against solid Bellator guys to see how they stand in the division, this would be like if Rory and Larkin had debuted against each other, we won't learn a lot. When I think of huge signings from other orgs I get excited for crossover fights to see how the two distinct divisional "ecosystems" interact, we don't really get that when it's two guys who haven't been in the division. Add to that that they're both somewhat unknown quantities atm, with rumble's layoff and Yoel's long absence from the weight class, it might be tough to use this fight as much of a measuring stick.

How much time do you spend building up a 43 year old guy though?

Back