Romero claims that there is 90% chance his first opponent is Rumble

How much time do you spend building up a 43 year old guy though?

I don't think I'd characterize it as "building up", but a single fight for at least one of them to see where they're at vis-a-vis the rest of the division. We learned a lot more about both guys and the division when Mousasi fought Shlemenko then we would have if he'd hypothetically fought gastelum or something.

I don't think I'd characterize it as "building up", but a single fight for at least one of them to see where they're at vis-a-vis the rest of the division. We learned a lot more about both guys and the division when Mousasi fought Shlemenko then we would have if he'd hypothetically fought gastelum or something.

They can fight other guys afterwards anyway, it's a big fight and unless one of them looks absolutely terrible there'll still be interest in them fighting Bellator guys afterwards.

put it on the pitbull/mckee card and put it on cbs. let’s go

They can fight other guys afterwards anyway, it's a big fight and unless one of them looks absolutely terrible there'll still be interest in them fighting Bellator guys afterwards.

Not to harp on it because I'm not totally wedded to them not doing it (I just wouldn't), but you could make the same argument for waiting. There'll still be interest as long as they don't look terrible, and if they did look bad it's better they don't disappoint in a super hyped fight anyway.

Not to harp on it because I'm not totally wedded to them not doing it (I just wouldn't), but you could make the same argument for waiting. There'll still be interest as long as they don't look terrible, and if they did look bad it's better they don't disappoint in a super hyped fight anyway.

They'll do it because it's a fight they can sell to UFC fans who wouldn't ordinarily watch Bellator. I don't think Romero Vs Anglickas for example would draw the same interest.

Imo they'll try and stack an entertaining card around it (at least they will if they have any sense)

They'll do it because it's a fight they can sell to UFC fans who wouldn't ordinarily watch Bellator. I don't think Romero Vs Anglickas for example would draw the same interest.

Imo they'll try and stack an entertaining card around it (at least they will if they have any sense)

There's many ways they could approach it but that might be a good strategy. As a fan I'm just more particularly interested in crossovers, I'd be much more excited for example if they did rumble vs McGeary and Yoel vs Anglickas, that's two very compelling matchups that could go a lot of ways imo, rather than a single just bleed fight between two guys we've seen a lot from.

There's many ways they could approach it but that might be a good strategy. As a fan I'm just more particularly interested in crossovers, I'd be much more excited for example if they did rumble vs McGeary and Yoel vs Anglickas, that's two very compelling matchups that could go a lot of ways imo, rather than a single just bleed fight between two guys we've seen a lot from.

They're not signing those guys to impress people like me and you who already watch Bellator though, they're doing it to bring in more fans.

I think they'll do the fight with Pitbull Vs Sanchez as the co main and if they've got any sense put a few other entertaining fighters on the card.

Both their last fights were UFC title shots.

They're top of the heap fighters who are only going to get worse at their age, no time to mess about, make the big fights.

Both their last fights were UFC title shots.

They're top of the heap fighters who are only going to get worse at their age, no time to mess about, make the big fights.

I'm not trying to find out if they're quality fighters, I want to see how they do against Bellator's guys and vice versa. To me the biggest fights are for the title, and it wouldn't be right imo for either to earn a TS over the rest of their guys with a win over a guy who's not established in the promotion. Especially given they're both inactive at the weight and coming off losses, even if they do have an excellent body of work.

Honestly call me crazy but I feel that Coker had plans for 205 long before Rumble and Yoel entered the picture. You have Davis and Corey waiting and you’ve just signed a ton of other young guys. I think you have to take advantage of this fight. It’s a chance to be the biggest fight in Bellator history and to capitalize on the hype behind 2 new signings. May the best man win but I think this is the fight to make. There’s too much hype to not let them fight and you already have contenders waiting in the wings. You don’t need them to get a title shot right away. I say you do it. The casuals will bite and they’ll get a ton of new viewers.

Coker will fuck it up and give them squash matches and one will lose

On paper, looks great, but I doubt fans will tune in even though it's a much more exciting match up than many of UFC's main events.

Looking into it further, looks like Rumble won’t be ready until April and Romero wants to go ASAP. Who can Romero fight that’s worthy of a shot? I say give him Phil Davis or even Corey Anderson if he must fight that soon. But Rumble said no earlier than April.

I know its the fight to make but they should both have a tune up fight first, IMO. Rumble hasnt fought in a while and Yoel hasnt fought at 205 in a while, either.
Nah, best to just get this fight out of the way asap. If either of them lose then this 'megafight' loses all its steam.

IDK why Coker doesnt want to do 2 GPs at the same time. Capitalize on the momentum and set up the LHW and BW GP at the same time; one or two weeks apart from each other.

1. Nemkov
8. Machida
3. Corey
6. Anglickas

2. Davis
7. Yagshimuradov
4. Rumble
5. Romero

Reserve match: Biyong vs Alberktson

1. Archuleta
8. Mattos
3. Magomedov
6. Johns

2. Horiguchi
7. Stots
4. Pettis
5. Mix

Reserve match: Hill vs Scoggins

Bellator has a bit of a weird history when it comes to building up veteran fighters for big fights. Think Babalu, Fedor, Mo, Bendo, Josh Thomson, Larkin etc. Maybe just do the fight before these guya are on a losing streak?

Romero is too old to mess about with. He should IMO walk right into a title fight. No one would complain.

Rumble on the other hand likely has a few good years left in him. I would put him against Machida to see where he is at.... also it would be a really fun fight.

“I do believe eventually it will happen,” Johnson said. “… I think it’ll be maybe (my) second, maybe (my) third fight. … I was surprised when I saw what he said. The whole 90 percent thing threw me for a spin because I was like, ‘Nobody said nothing to me. I’ve seen your name more on my Instagram than on a contract.’ You know what I’m saying?”

“I don’t know what he’s been told. I don’t know what he’s trying to do. I understand promoting and hype, but I don’t know about that 90 percent thing. Honestly, I haven’t been presented anything. It is what it is. Both of us are high-caliber fighters. All I can say is I respect him, and I wish him the best in the organization. We’re going to have a lot of fun here. Let’s make the best of this whole situation we’re in.”

Back