Rohskopf straight up quit there

i’m all for self-preservation in the fight game & if Rohskopf wasn’t in the fight anymore, then i support his decision to call it off to avoid unnecessary damage, especially so early in his career. does this mean he doesn’t have what it takes to be a professional pugilist? in the highest level promotion no less? i think that remains to be seen. this was short notice & a major step up in competition. Hubbard is at the bottom of the talent pool in the division for sure, but his experience in the ufc alone is enough to render Rohskopf’s experience & level of competition completely moot.

last night i was critical of Drysdale’s response when his fighter was trying to quit on the stool & was adamant that it was a shitty thing to do despite all of @Da Speeit ’s whinging, but i’ve since done a 180 on that. i’m glad he wasn’t able to talk Rohskopf into going out there to get pounded in the 3rd, but i do see the merits in a coach trying to push their fighters to their limits & beyond. i’d be tearing into Drysdale today if Rohskopf was getting knocked in & out of consciousness, but that wasn’t the case—his body just quit on him.
Damn bro, you're still upset?

That was his decision. He knew if he's able to contunue or not.

btw fuck Robert drysdale

Back