Rohskopf straight up quit there

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hubbard made him quit in the corner.

I take it his UFC career it over before it started? Guy was very hyped and a favourite in this fight.

also, FUCK his cornerman

I didn't hear his cornerman but yea if you're guy is not feeling it why force it?

What did his corner say exactly?

Hubbard made him quit in the corner.

I take it his UFC career it over before it started? Guy was very hyped and a favourite in this fight.

also, FUCK his cornerman
He was getting his ass whipped brutally.
And that coach should be banned from anything to do with MMA.

We need a poll, be interesting to see how it sits.

I'm not mad, he came in 10 days notice, probably wasnt fully prepared so why take a 3rd round of beating if your done? Sure it doesnt look the best but fuck it, save yourself.

I didn't hear his cornerman but yea if you're guy is not feeling it why force it?

The usual you can do this shtick. Zero empathy for a guy who didn’t want to, and frankly, had no business being in there. If his striking is that whack he may aswell go back to the regionals.

We need a poll, be interesting to see how it sits.

I'm not mad, he came in 10 days notice, probably wasnt fully prepared so why take a 3rd round of beating if your done? Sure it doesnt look the best but fuck it, save yourself.
Guys have came in with less notice and not did that

Well yeah, he got the shit beat out of him

Guys have came in with less notice and not did that

Not arguing with that at all but if your done, save yourself from being knocked out. Plus you never know how much training was going in beforehand.

pump talk. “You’re a champion, get back in there, out wrestle him, get back in there and go win that fight, get on top of him and beat him up, your a champion” kinda talk
Ahhh I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Ok, he lost the second round but it wasn’t worth throwing in the towel. Doesn’t rank in the top 1000 beat downs I’ve seen in mma. His corner did what any corner should do, try to motivate a fighter who is having a major mental wobble.

The guy probably fucked his UFC career because he couldn’t hack 5 minutes of adversity and y’all are having a shit on his cornerman?

Give me a break.

He shouldve had a contender series fight first. He was 5-0 but his opponents records were a combined 26-14.

He said he was gonna wave it off, and they tried to talk him out of it without asking why. Didn't hear them say anything specifically bad, but he flat out said he was out, and they wouldn't except it until he told the ref himself.

If he felt he was taking a beating and had no way to remedy it without risking substantial damage, it should be his right to opt out.

From the outside, it didn't appear bad enough to warrant stopping, but only he knows the reason, so if he wants out, so be it. Probably not smart for a young guy building his career, but maybe he already had a hidden concussion in training or something and was concerned.

As a fan, it sucked, but as a fighter concerned about safety, no point continuing if you know for a fact you got nothing left, or your knee is torn, or you're already concussed, etc, etc.

He said he was gonna wave it off, and they tried to talk him out of it without asking why. Didn't hear them say anything specifically bad, but he flat out said he was out, and they wouldn't except it until he told the ref himself.

If he felt he was taking a beating and had no way to remedy it without risking substantial damage, it should be his right to opt out.

From the outside, it didn't appear bad enough to warrant stopping, but only he knows the reason, so if he wants out, so be it. Probably not smart for a young guy building his career, but maybe he already had a hidden concussion in training or something and was concerned.

As a fan, it sucked, but as a fighter concerned about safety, no point continuing if you know for a fact you got nothing left, or your knee is torn, or you're already concussed, etc, etc.

Would seem more appropriate if he was a grizzled vet with a name at the end of a career or something. Doubt Dana will invite him back, or if he does, it will be a last shot barring something spectacular.

EDIT: oops, meant to edit my first post and add to it, not quote it

I mentioned it in the pbp thread but I'm on the same team as Max and he wasn't really seeking this step up, he jumped on an opportunity knowing he's not a finished product or necessarily "ready"
It hurts for the team, but it's a win that he stepped out there. Great guy, really good fighter who wasn't in a position to show it off. He's got what it takes to work back up there.

For anyone calling Drysdale a piece of shit watch this

Rob's big on self-belief, but he also really commits emotionally hard to his fighters and students. He's been the guy pushing Max this far. Take that in when you say "OMG WHY IS HE NOT STOPPING IT"

He knows better than anyone, even Max, what Max is capable of. He cares.

Last edited:
I think it was more than the beating he was taking. It looked like he was just dead tired during that second round. I think he was making the right call by saying he didn't want to go back out there. He would have continued to get pieced up as he just didn't have the energy to protect himself. And I agree with the others who felt the corner should take some heat. I didn't feel they had his best interest in heart, trying to force him back out.

Yeah, I'm torn on this one. I feel bad for the kid, and maybe he knew something we didn't, but Drysdale wasn't out of line trying to get him back out there based on what we saw.

I think he was extremely tired and felt like he couldn't stop those big rights and lefts.
He got stung really bad on two of them. When you can't feel your feet and you get the floating sensation, sometimes your mind is telling you "STOP STOP STOP" most guys just follow through. Max didn't. Not faulting him at all.

Back