Roger Gracie vs. Brock Lesnar in a BJJ Match: Who Wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be really interesting to see how far Roger goes in his MMA career. I wonder who's next if he gets through Mike Kyle?

Do you guys think we could eventually see Roger in the UFC, even?

It's going to be really interesting to see how far Roger goes in his MMA career. I wonder who's next if he gets through Mike Kyle?

Do you guys think we could eventually see Roger in the UFC, even?

It's a big "if" since Mike Kyle has the most potent offense of anyone Roger's faced so far. If he wins then he'll take a step up in the Strikeforce LHW division. Maybe someone like King Mo, or maybe Antwaan Britt, or Mousasi.

I'm not convinced Roger is super serious about MMA. Feel like it's just a way to make some money.

would love to see it, but I dunno if he'll make it past the people in his division at SF

Seconded. Although if he can't make it past the SF guys I don't care to see him in the UFC.

But here's hoping I'm wrong. I love to see a grappler submit people in MMA.

Seconded. Although if he can't make it past the SF guys I don't care to see him in the UFC.

But here's hoping I'm wrong. I love to see a grappler submit people in MMA.

If he keeps up the good work with his boxing so others will look to grapple instead of getting lit up on the feet or train wrestling extensively to force the fight to the ground he could obviously be a force.

I was surprised to see him outsrike Randleman but Faijao and Mousasi are much better strikers and he'd have to find a way to get it to the ground with wrestling. I actually believe (sadly) he can outbox Mo, who just won't keep his hands up.

God, Brock subs Shane Carwin and suddenly he's going to compete with Roger Gracie. I can't wait till the Brock hype train gets derailed, hopefully tonight.

God, Brock subs Shane Carwin and suddenly he's going to compete with Roger Gracie. I can't wait till the Brock hype train gets derailed, hopefully tonight.
C'mon bro, you can't talk about a Brock "hype train" anymore. Even if he loses he will still be considered a top5 heavyweight who can beat most other fighters.

Depends. Lesnar is one of the most hardworking atheletes on the planet today. I'm 100% sure he is more conditioned, strength and edurance wise, than Roger is. He has an amazing base with his wrestling experience so sweeping him would be a hard task. I think if Brock suddenly was struck with a BJJ passion, he'd be a tough contender within 3-4 years, assuming he trained for the same time he does his other fights.

Truthfully, I imagine he trains submissions constantly.

Depends. Lesnar is one of the most hardworking atheletes on the planet today. I'm 100% sure he is more conditioned, strength and edurance wise, than Roger is. He has an amazing base with his wrestling experience so sweeping him would be a hard task. I think if Brock suddenly was struck with a BJJ passion, he'd be a tough contender within 3-4 years, assuming he trained for the same time he does his other fights.

I disagree. Roger is one of the most well conditioned individuals when he has time to prepare. Have you ever in the past 6 years seen him struggle for air besides after having 10 matches? The only reason he got tried in last years mundials is because of all the MMA training he did. Roger overwhelms people with his pressure, no matter how conditioned people are, all of them are tired unless Roger finished them in under 2 mins.

Strenght is no question Lesnar's advantage.

If he keeps up the good work with his boxing so others will look to grapple instead of getting lit up on the feet or train wrestling extensively to force the fight to the ground he could obviously be a force.

I was surprised to see him outsrike Randleman but Faijao and Mousasi are much better strikers and he'd have to find a way to get it to the ground with wrestling. I actually believe (sadly) he can outbox Mo, who just won't keep his hands up.

I was surprised when he said that he spent like 3 hours a day working on his jab. I don't think he'll ever be a good striker or explosive wrestler, but he can at least develop some skills in those areas that complement his existing strengths. I hear he's been working his judo over in England.

I would really like to see him face Mo obviously, and I would hope that there's grappling involved. Not for the style vs style (I think it's well settled that you need to be good in takedowns and off your back as well), but to see who could implement their game the best. Can Roger deal with an strong aggressive wrestler trying to pound him? Can Mo survive or generate offense in a tight guard? I think it would be interesting to see who's better at implementing their gameplan.

I think Feijao is the worst matchup for him.

wtf? somebody voted for brock in gi to win.

roger takes both. no-gi can be close, but under adcc rules he wins. under ibjjf rules it might be closer. roger never uses leglocks but im sure would go for them if he had the chance

gi is no contest. rogers gi game is out of this world. nobody in the world can beat him.

id rather have the karelin topic revived instead of taking about brock. since i started talking about karelin ill just answer whod win out of karelin and roger

roger in the gi of course, but karelin in no-gi. roger is a bjj guy so naturally his weakness is a strong wrestler and who better then karelin (yes i know he does greco roman). karelin is relentless and would constantly keep pressure. roger excells in bjj bc he gets the opponent to play his game.

LOL

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

roger in the gi of course, but karelin in no-gi. roger is a bjj guy so naturally his weakness is a strong wrestler and who better then karelin (yes i know he does greco roman). karelin is relentless and would constantly keep pressure. roger excells in bjj bc he gets the opponent to play his game.
lmao. Classic.

you mean that one time they went to a draw? lol.

Yeah I was gonna say. At best Jacare won on advantages but I dunno if they had them. Granted Couture didn't really do anything in the match, but there's no way you can say he got obliterated. The man has been training in submissions since '96.

If we're doing Karelin vs Gracie i'd say

BJJ: Gracie
Wrestling: Karelin
Fight: Karelin

I would say Roger is a better grappler then Frank Mir. So if Frank Mir can tap Brock while being punched in the face, then I think Roger could do the same if Brock was not allowed to strike.

In a BJJ match Roger wins both, for christ sake. Is there any question?

More interesting would be Sambo or Judo, who wins then?

We know Roger would last about 17 maybe 18 seconds against Brock in a wrestling match..pick a style..folk, free or greco..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back