Roger Gracie vs. Brock Lesnar in a BJJ Match: Who Wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Arona has one but it's Monson I wasn't sure about.
Besides, just because BJJ is someone's strength doesn't mean that they're a black belt. Go ask Cole Miller and Nate Diaz.

Yes, you are right, I thought (about Arona) it was implicit as there are videos of him at black belt in the mundials of maybe ten years ago. But I agree with you.

I honestly didn't know about Monson but Wikipedia says he got a BB too.

Before people go too wild, it is worth reflecting that of the 6 occasions someone has beaten Roger, 4 of them were effectively done by out judo/wrestling him then stalling on the ground (or running away) and that was by individuals far less physically powerful than brock (albeit all 4 were in a gi).

I think Brock has a better chance than some give him credit for simply because of the unique problems he poses. It's such a huge anomaly to have a guy that big and that strong. That being said, I think Roger still wins a mass majority of the time.

Before people go too wild, it is worth reflecting that of the 6 occasions someone has beaten Roger, 4 of them were effectively done by out judo/wrestling him then stalling on the ground (or running away) and that was by individuals far less physically powerful than brock (albeit all 4 were in a gi).

true but then again he broke jacare's arm in their match and xande had his arm fully extended in an armbar the second the match ended. and those two are bjj phenoms, something brock isn't.

i think maybe lesnar could stall him a bit in nogi, but roger is just so methodical in his approach, he'd slowly isolate something inch by inch and tap him out.

Those individuals were all far more technical and skilled than Brock though, I don't see a guy like Roger losing solely due to a strength difference.
BTW Roger hasn't been tapped since he was a blue belt!!

lol, yes, i know a thing or two about his achievements.

Roger wins gi and no gi just because he is the best BJJ practicioner of today.

Brock would do better against Roger in BJJ than Roger would do against Brock in wrestling.

And in MMA obviously Brock kills Roger to death, no contest.

See Roger vs. Waterman in MMA if you want to know how he deals with 280 lb muscle-bound wrestlers.

Gi is pretty obvious, roger takes that one. Pretty easy, with some kind of collar choke.

No gi, i think would be a much tougher task for rodger than most of you seem to think. Brock would, by a really large margin, be the most athletic person Rodger has had to deal with. I don't think it would be unreasonable to see Brock ride a decision out in no gi, with his size, speed, strength, and wrestling base. Also, he has been training BJJ for awhile now, so it's not like he'd be one of those clueless guys from UFC 1.

In bjj rule? Roger wins both. Even if he can't sweep or sub Brock, he would probably just pull guard and win on advantages.

A better question is who cares.

lol 4 people said brock wins both, im a brock fan and even I know he wouldn't win..

Leglocks. Roger is pretty technical with those.

I can't believe we even considered Brock in a gi. For some reason, I don't think we'd get him in one even for Halloween.

I'll say Roger takes it, but NO WAY easily. Brock is not one to just go out. Maybe by a knee bar, but....:)

It's like every1 loses all their grappling knowledge when these fantasy match-ups come along. Roger would tap him 2-3 times within 3-5 minutes.

I can't believe we even considered Brock in a gi. For some reason, I don't think we'd get him in one even for Halloween.

I'll say Roger takes it, but NO WAY easily. Brock is not one to just go out. Maybe by a knee bar, but....:)

You can win without subbing someone you know.

Depends. Lesnar is one of the most hardworking atheletes on the planet today. I'm 100% sure he is more conditioned, strength and edurance wise, than Roger is. He has an amazing base with his wrestling experience so sweeping him would be a hard task. I think if Brock suddenly was struck with a BJJ passion, he'd be a tough contender within 3-4 years, assuming he trained for the same time he does his other fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back