• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roger Federer or Novak Djokovic - Who's the KING of kings in Tennis?

Who's the KING of kings in Tennis?

• Total voters
Lol at the absolute bludgeoning of MadDonk in this thread. Guy’s still trying to count to 11 while furiously deleting all his posts.

Win % against the rest of the big four:

Nadal: 57.4%
Djokovic: 56.6%
Federer: 46.1%
Murray: 34.1%

If we limit it to the big three:

Djokovic: 60%
Nadal: 52%
Federer: 37% (lol)

More importantly, at grand slams, Nadal reigns supreme:

Nadal: 66% in 32 matches
Djokovic: 51% in 35 matches
Federer: 32% (LOL) in 31 matches

Nadal has the highest win percentage on the biggest stage against the absolute best competition. Meanwhile, Federer is scraping the bottom of the barrel while playing the least amount of matches.

<36>

The only constant in every comparison between the top three is Federer falls well behind the other two.

Picking off Basel and Halle every year to inflate his record is humorous but quite transparent.

RequiredMeekGrosbeak-size_restricted.gif

No matter how many essays you write, doesn’t change one thing I’ve said lmao. Yes you are nitpicking focusing on top 10 records, oh no sorry only active top 10 (aka another filter). Can’t debate winning 8 non clay GS’s so nice try.

Not only that, he’s so clueless and disingenuous that he actually lumped grass and hard together, called that 2/3 of the season, and claimed “grass/hard matter more.”

<36>

Guy’s too stupid to realize no one gives a flying fuck about grass outside of Wimbledon and that grass is basically a fart in the wind in the tournament calendar.

It really is like watching a toddler try to walk. Or a grown man try to count past ten. Lol.

Lol at the absolute bludgeoning of MadDonk in this thread. Guy’s still trying to count to 11 while furiously deleting all his posts.

Win % against the rest of the big four:

Nadal: 57.4%
Djokovic: 56.6%
Federer: 46.1%
Murray: 34.1%

If we limit it to the big three:

Djokovic: 60%
Nadal: 52%
Federer: 37% (lol)

More importantly, at grand slams, Nadal reigns supreme:

Nadal: 66% in 32 matches
Djokovic: 51% in 35 matches
Federer: 32% (LOL) in 31 matches

Nadal has the highest win percentage on the biggest stage against the absolute best competition. Meanwhile, Federer is scraping the bottom of the barrel while playing the least amount of matches.

<36>

The only constant in every comparison between the top three is Federer falls well behind the other two.

Picking off Basel and Halle every year to inflate his record is humorous but quite transparent.

I challenged you to address Nadal's pitiful career statistics off-clay.

Your response to the fact that Nadal has this pitiful career win % relative to his peers on his weakest surfaces, has a barely-better-than-a-coin-toss career win percentage against fellow top 10 players off clay, has 4+ fewer grand slam titles off clay than Federer or Djokovic do on their weakest surfaces, and has the worst win percentage of Fed/Djokovic/Sampras at grand slam tournaments off-clay (or even Borg, for that matter, a fellow clay-best player)...

...is that he has an good win percentage strictly if we focus on three opponents counting his on-clay matches?

Roger and Nadal amd media darlings they say what media thinks and expects athletes to say. Always smiling never angry and none is doing what he wants and sometimes get angry say What he means. Hard too chose

I challenged you to address Nadal's pitiful career statistics off-clay.

Your response to the fact that Nadal has this pitiful career win % relative to his peers on his weakest surfaces, has a barely-better-than-a-coin-toss career win percentage against fellow top 10 players off clay, has 4+ fewer grand slam titles off clay than Federer or Djokovic do on their weakest surfaces, and has the worst win percentage of Fed/Djokovic/Sampras at grand slam tournaments off-clay (or even Borg, for that matter, a fellow clay-best player)...

...is that he has an good win percentage strictly if we focus on three opponents counting his on-clay matches?

Lol at you trying to explain away Federer getting ass rammed with a 32% win percentage against the rest of the Big 3. Hilarious.

<36>

32% lmao.

Meanwhile, you’re out here claiming Novak and Roger’s (no one cares about Sampras lol) best surface is one that’s a fart in the wind in the calendar.

The laughs never end with MadDonk.

Just more proof of Nadal and Novak’s dominance.

Since no one actually gives a flying fuck about the surface that doesn’t even have a Masters 1000 and is basically two weeks in the calendar, we can get to the heart of what matters.

Number of slams on hard+clay:

Nadal: 20

Novak: 16

Federer: 12

Sampras: 7 (lol no one cares about the guy who couldn’t even make a French Open final)

Lmao.

I really envision either of you fellas changing your minds on this.

<{yearp}>

I really envision either of you fellas changing your minds on this.

<{yearp}>

Its quite humorous you’re saying this after your inability to do basic math and refusal to admit you were hilariously wrong in the previous thread.

You’re not fooling anyone ;)

<{yearp}>

Its quite humorous you’re saying this after your inability to do basic math and refusal to admit you were hilariously wrong in the previous thread.

You’re not fooling anyone ;)

<{yearp}>

<Dany07>

Yeah, you're not a completely unhinged individual.

<Dany07>

Yeah, you're not a completely unhinged individual.

It’s not my fault you can’t do math or form an actual argument.

<36>

Look at you right at home in here though ;)

I predict a whole lot of arguing and idiotic responses from you yet again. Let’s find out if I’m right.

Okey doke, I removed the forfeited match.

The One-Surface Pony Measuring Stick: Career Win % vs. Active Top 10 on All Surfaces Outside Their Best
Djokovic career win % against Top 10 on any surface other than Grass: 69.7% (231-100) [26.2% of career matches]
Federer career win % against Top 10 on any surface other than Grass: 64.3% (202-112) [20.7% of career matches]
Sampras career win % against Top 10 on any surface other than Grass: 62.4% (113-68) [18.4% of career matches]
Nadal career win % against Top 10 on any surface other than Clay: 51.5% (84-79) [12.7% of career matches]

The One-Surface Pony Measuring Stick, Part Deux: Career Win % vs. Active Top 10 on All Surfaces Outside Hard for Djokovic/Federer/Sampras or Clay for Nadal
Djokovic career win % against Top 10 on any surface other than Hard: 59.1% (65-45) [8.7% of career matches]
Federer career win % against Top 10 on any surface other than Hard: 57.9% (62-45) [7.0% of career matches]
Sampras career win % against Top 10 on any surface other than Hard: 63.3% (62-36) [9.8% of career matches]
Nadal career win % against Top 10 on any surface other than Clay: 51.5% (84-79) [12.7% of career matches]

Djokovic
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents: 573-167 (77.4%)
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents off Clay: 443-118 (79.0%)
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents on Clay: 130-49 (72.6%)

Federer
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents: 657-219 (75.0%)
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents off Clay: 542-166 (76.6%)
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents on Clay: 115-53 (68.5%)

Nadal
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents: 577-170 (77.2%)
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents off Clay: 308-133 (69.8%)
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents on Clay: 269-39 (87.4%)

Career Grand Slam Titles on any surface other than their best
Djokovic: 16 (13 Hard, 3 Clay)
Federer: 12 (11 Hard, 1 Clay)
Sampras: 7 (7 Hard, 0 Clay)
Nadal: 8 (6 Hard, 2 Grass)

Career Grand Slam Win Percentages

Djokovic
Off Clay: 256-31 (89.2%)
On Clay: 92-16 (85.2%)

Federer
Off Clay: 296-43 (87.3%)
On Clay: 73-17 (81.1%)

Sampras
Off Clay: 179-25 (87.7%)
On Clay: 24-13 (64.9%)

Nadal
Off Clay: 202-42 (83.5%)
On Clay: 112-3 (97.4%)

Nadal
vs. The Big 3 on any surface other than Clay: 19-36 (34.5%)

vs. Djokovic: 29-30 (7-20 Hard; 2-2 Grass; 20-9 Clay)
vs. Federer: 24-16 (9-11 Hard; 1-3 Grass; 14-2 Clay)
vs. Sampras: 0-0

Why are your numbers so off and wrong???!

Federers' record against top 10 opponents on all surfaces is 223-123 (64.4%) NOT the 75% you claim.
Nadal's record against top 10 opponents on all surfaces is 186-102 (64.6%) NOT 77.2%

Didn't bother checking the rest...

I am also glad you pointed out this list of Grand Slams:

Career Grand Slam Titles on any surface other than their best
Djokovic: 16 (13 Hard, 3 Clay)
Federer: 12 (11 Hard, 1 Clay)
Sampras: 7 (7 Hard, 0 Clay)
Nadal: 8 (6 Hard, 2 Grass)

How can you call a player a one-trick surface pony when Nadal has won 2 Wimbledon on grass (1 of them against Federer) but Federer has only won 1 on clay (Nadal was injured that season)??? In boxing terms Federer had never won the lineal clay court title since he never beat Nadal whereas Nadal has won the lineal grass court title when he beat Federer.

It's hilarious how you just remove clay but what if you removed grass and just measured them with clay and hard court? What would it look like? This cherry picking of data shows how inept you are at using numbers and data to make your arguments. You have a very superficial knowledge about tennis and it shows. Nadal is easily above Federer in terms of tennis accolades and achievements.

Last edited:
@Sweater of AV @MM808

Wanna read something even more hilarious about Mad. He argued with me on who had a better year in 2008 (Nadal or Federer) and his reasoning was:

#1 Men's Tennis Player in the World, 2008-2010
  • 1/1/2008 - 8/17/2008 = Roger Federer
  • 8/18/2008 - 7/5/2009 = Rafael Nadal
  • 7/6/2009 - 6/6/2010 = Roger Federer
Not realizing that the ATP ranking is a rolling calendar year and not realizing that 2008 was a Rafa year:

Year (Player, Grand Slam titles, Total title wins)
2008 (Rafa 2, 8) vs (Fed 1, 4) vs (Djoker 1, 4)

The thread is a great read on how little Mad really knows about tennis:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/165517440/

Last edited:
@Sweater of AV @MM808

Wanna read something even more hilarious about Mad. He argued with me on who had a better year in 2008 (Roger or Federer) and his reasoning was:

Not realizing that the ATP ranking is a rolling calendar year and not realizing that 2008 was a Rafa year:

Year (Player, Grand Slam titles, Total title wins)
2008 (Rafa 2, 8) vs (Fed 1, 4) vs (Djoker 1, 4)

The thread is a great read on how little Mad really knows about tennis:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/165517440/
Wow good read. Hilarious he doesn’t understand how the rankings and points even work lmao. Seems he just has a massive hard on for Fed and hates Nadal so I don’t even take him seriously.

Why are your numbers so off and wrong???!

Federers' record against top 10 opponents on all surfaces is 223-123 (64.4%) NOT the 75% you claim.
Nadal's record against top 10 opponents on all surfaces is 186-102 (64.6%) NOT 77.2%
Because your reading comprehension is so lacking. The first list is against opponents who were Top 10. The second list is against opponents who were Top 10 at any time in their careers (and the source is linked, LOL).

Derp.

Because your reading comprehension is so lacking. The first list is against opponents who were Top 10. The second list is against opponents who were Top 10 at any time in their careers (and the source is linked, LOL).

Derp.

Click on the links yourself and tell me if your numbers matches. I'll give you a hint... THEY DO NOT!
I gave you numbers straight from YOUR links!

DERP yourself!

<Dany07>

You're looking at the Ultimate Tennis link with active Top 10 opponents. Against the Top 10 at any point in their career comes from the Wiki career page, LOL:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Federer_career_statistics#Record_against_top-10_players

Derp!!!

yeah and I am telling you that the active list is STILL wrong. What you posted and what the link says do not match up. AGAIN, what kind of shanigans are you trying to pull with your manipulative BS?!

THIS right here is wrong:
https://www.ultimatetennisstatistics.com/playerProfile?name=Roger Federer&tab=performance
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents off Clay: 542-166 (76.6%)
Record vs. Top 10 (at any time in their careers) Opponents on Clay: 115-53 (68.5%)

Click on the link and tell me where you pulled these numbers from.

yeah and I am telling you that the active list is STILL wrong. What you posted and what the link says do not match up. AGAIN, what kind of shanigans are you trying to pull with your manipulative BS?!

THIS right here is wrong:
https://www.ultimatetennisstatistics.com/playerProfile?name=Roger Federer&tab=performance
How many times do I have to explain to you the Ultimate Tennis link is for the Active Top 10 players? I underlined Active in the lists showing those statistics. I just gave you the Wiki link from which the numbers vs. Top 10 (at any time in their career) are derived. Here it is again, and I'll paint a picture for you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Federer_career_statistics#Record_against_top-10_players
full

Back