Rogan : "What Thompson did against Hendricks should be against the law"

I suppose I'm biased, but I call the Hendricks GSP thing a wash. Maybe it was an excuse, but you wouldn't have been excited about taking a test from a company that used your opponents likeness on their website, and it was said that the UFC recommended he not do it either. People like to point to Hendricks calling it by the wrong name, or whatever, but nobodys ever accused him of being a scholar lol

I did forget about the Tyron situation, so I can't really argue against that one
Well ya, if you are buying the excuse of "opponents likeness on their website" you are showing your bias and willingness to eat the most flimsy excuse.

Should the New York Knicks not play in the NBA because the NBA has pictures of other teams on their website? That is the logic (or lack thereof) you are buying into. They get rights to use pictures of all the athletes they test on their website and it is about as dumb as can be to infer that means they have bias for that athlete when likely they would use Johnny's likeness too.

Hendricks is literally the only guy that gives honest to goodness answers when asked what went wrong, and people twist every letter of every word of every sentence he speaks into an excuse.

It's insane.

I think whether people take issue with a fighter saying what went wrong is dependent on whether he blames others or puts the responsibility on himself.

For example, if Johnny didn't have the right training partners it's okay to say so but there's a difference between 'My training partners weren't any good' which puts the blame on someone else and 'I made a mistake and didn't bring in the right training partners for this fight' which puts the responsibility on himself.

why you wanna outlaw sweet karate treachery,joe hogan?

Hendricks is literally the only guy that gives honest to goodness answers when asked what went wrong, and people twist every letter of every word of every sentence he speaks into an excuse.

It's insane.

I def agree to some extent,but the things he is being honest about is irksome in itself.

Rape is already illegal, Rogan is just retarded living in the middle ages.

i feel bad for Wonderboy now, when Rogan starts with hyperboles it doesn't end well.

Just cant take Joe Rogan seriously anymore. There are some of his old shit that I have bookmarked. When he talks about materialism, negative people, higgs boson...all that... but I cant just listen to his new stuff after seeing how badly he fell for the Ronda Rousey schtick. Just doesn't seem like the guy he used to be.

Well ya, if you are buying the excuse of "opponents likeness on their website" you are showing your bias and willingness to eat the most flimsy excuse.

Should the New York Knicks not play in the NBA because the NBA has pictures of other teams on their website? That is the logic (or lack thereof) you are buying into. They get rights to use pictures of all the athletes they test on their website and it is about as dumb as can be to infer that means they have bias for that athlete when likely they would use Johnny's likeness too.

This analogy doesn't work, at all really. This is about a one on one competition, where your opponent wants you to take a test from a company that appears to sponsor them, that you have zero obligation too.... and if you fail your career, legacy, and reputation is %100 tarnished. You'd be a little weary too.

Hendricks was emotionally distraught over having to close down his restaurant, he wasn't mentally ready at the time not to mention his training partners were incompetent Wonderboy didn't beat Hendricks, Hendricks beat himself
Sounds like the next entry in the book of excuses, restaurant closed down.

This analogy doesn't work, at all really. This is about a one on one competition, where your opponent wants you to take a test from a company that appears to sponsor them, that you have zero obligation too.... and if you fail your career, legacy, and reputation is %100 tarnished. You'd be a little weary too.
No it works 100% unless you lack logic and do not understand what you read.

Posting pictures of athletes and others who use the service is nothing at all like sponsorship. It is athletes and others who have been tested by the labs.

Trying to paint it is other then that is disingenuous at best and deceitful at worst.

There is zero history of a major testing lab tarnishing one athlete at the expense of another because they advertised they tested one.

Really you should try to educate yourself on this topic if you are going to continue to talk about it as your ignorance is embarrassing.

No it works 100% unless you lack logic and do not understand what you read.

Posting pictures of athletes and others who use the service is nothing at all like sponsorship. It is athletes and others who have been tested by the labs.

Trying to paint it is other then that is disingenuous at best and deceitful at worst.

There is zero history of a major testing lab tarnishing one athlete at the expense of another because they advertised they tested one.

Really you should try to educate yourself on this topic if you are going to continue to talk about it as your ignorance is embarrassing.

Lol, if you fail to see how your ignorant Knicks/NBA analogy doesn't work at all here, then I don't know what to tell you. That would be more like Hendricks saying "I'm not fighting in the UFC, because GSP is on the UFC's website and I don't like that"....Well...so is Hendricks, and every other fighter on the UFC roster, and that's who their employer is.

Hendricks has zero obligation to an outside company that your opponent endorses. You can say i'm ignorant on the subject and it's embarrassing you should probably read up on it..

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719572/georges-st-pierre-johny-hendricks-drug-testing-gsp-ufc

Don't forget to note GSP's teams commitment to finding out every single thing the test was going to be for, even though that information isn't given to an athlete period, and that being one of the reasons the test didn't go down either.

Also, Kizer (who was the middleman between the two) agrees with me

Kizer insists that the failure to come to an agreement on the testing shouldn't be seen as an indictment of either fighter: "I know that athletes want to point fingers at each other saying, 'if you don't do the testing I want you to do, you must be dirty,' but it doesn't mean that. They can go do what they want to do. We're going to test them how we decide to test them, and we'll have a very good clean fight.

Also..he didn't....but he still kind of blamed GSP

"I don't blame Georges for this, but Georges' people decided to start muddying the waters asking a ton of questions, some which were relevant and some that weren't," Kizer explained. "And they continued to ask questions and then finally they got to the point where they were unavailable and can't be reached in any manner for at least 10 days. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that's a 'no.' That's a 'no' by one's inactions than it is a verbal 'no' or a written 'no,' but you can read the emails yourself and make up your own mind."

If only between beating the holy living shit out of Hendricks, Thompson didn't run away, but rather stood still and let Hendricks hit him....Hendricks may have won.

Damn, Brendan Shcaub is such an obnoxious piece of shit who interrupts everyone just to say some dumbass dudebro nonsense.

I don't know how you guys can listen to him. If he could refrain from interrupting everyone I think he'd be ok.

Schaub seems convinced that Wonderboy destroys everyone at 170.

It's insane.
That's because he's unlikeable and people don't like him.

Lol, if you fail to see how your ignorant Knicks/NBA analogy doesn't work at all here, then I don't know what to tell you. That would be more like Hendricks saying "I'm not fighting in the UFC, because GSP is on the UFC's website and I don't like that"....Well...so is Hendricks, and every other fighter on the UFC roster, and that's who their employer is.

Hendricks has zero obligation to an outside company that your opponent endorses. You can say i'm ignorant on the subject and it's embarrassing you should probably read up on it..

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719572/georges-st-pierre-johny-hendricks-drug-testing-gsp-ufc

Don't forget to note GSP's teams commitment to finding out every single thing the test was going to be for, even though that information isn't given to an athlete period, and that being one of the reasons the test didn't go down either.

Also, Kizer (who was the middleman between the two) agrees with me

Also..he didn't....but he still kind of blamed GSP
You're being ignorant and almost certainly purposely so, otherwise you are just dumb, There is no option C.

If Hendricks took the test then they could use his image as well as GSp's. It is what they do. They use the images of athletes they test to promote themselves and say 'hey look who we've tested'. And you are right, while not understanding why. Hendricks refusing the test would exactly be like a new fighter refusing to fight in the UFC because they saw the images of existing fighters on the UFC website when after fighting in the UFC theirs would be added. Just like after submitting to the test, Hendricks image would be added.

The organization still does tests every day and if everyone being tested tomorrow refuses because some one elses image was added yesterday (and their's not until tomorrow) then they are being as dumb and naïve as you.

Last edited:
You're being ignorant and almost certainly purposely so, otherwise you are just dumb, There is no option C.

If Hendricks took the test then they could use his image as well as GSp's. It is what they do. They use the images of athletes they test to promote themselves and say 'hey look who we've tested'. And you are right, while not understanding why. Hendricks refusing the test would exactly be like a new fighter refusing to fight in the UFC because they saw the images of existing fighters on the UFC website when after fighting in the UFC theirs would be added. Just like after submitting to the test, Hendricks image would be added.

The organization still does tests every day and if everyone being tested tomorrow refuses because some one elses image was added yesterday (and their's not until tomorrow) then they are being as dumb and naïve as you.

But we just aren't going to comment on the links I provided, with evidence to shady dealings on GSP's teams side as well, huh?

Back