Rogan should be wearing a giant clock around his neck because he's nothing but a hype man

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
dksqBsv.jpg

"WELCOME TO THE MACHIDA ERA, YAAAAA BOOOOOOOOY"

"RONDA ROUSEY IS A ONCE EVER ATHLETE, YAAAAAA BOYYYY! SHE'D BEAT HALF OF THE 135LB MENS DIVISION! HER BOXING IS SUPER ELITE DUDE!"

"THIS NGANNOU MAN, HE'S GOING TO BRING IN THE TYSON ERA! HE PUNCHES HARDER THAN ANYONE EVER HE'S GOING TO BE UNSTOPPABLE YAAAA BOYYYY"

"MIGHTY MOUSE IS THE GREATEST FIGHTER I'VE EVER SEEN AND I'VE SEEN THEM ALL!! THE GOAT OF ALL GOATS BABY YAAA BOOYYYYYYYYY"

Seriously, he's been around MMA forever... is he ever going to stop fanboying out for all these fighters?

And before people say "durrrhhh it's his job herp a derp"... no, it's not. He's a commentator. Have some integrity

This is what happens when sports have a short history and when we live in the fake/number 1 bullshit era.

Can you post this a few more times? 3 isn't enough.

Can you post this a few more times? 3 isn't enough.

So. Who the fuck cares??

Hype for fights isn't a bad thing. And if not for Joe's contribution to MMA, most of you casuals wouldn't have a single clue as to what's happening on the ground.

I can unerstand the Machida thing, although it wasn't as exaggerated from Joe's side as it was with Ronda.
Machida had a unique style and he beated Rich, Tito, Rashad, Thiago (he was unfefeated until Machida and many saw him as a killer), Sokoudjou (he just KOed Arona and Nog and people expected him destroying Machida). After he beat Shogun, I remember Joe asking Machida what he thought about the judge's decision.

But with Ronda that was just creepy. It was WMMA and WMMA and WMMA is so much worse than MMA. It was clear that her boxing was completely garbage. Yet, the whole "she can beat boxers and Cain in one night" thing. And some people actually believed it.

Ngannou. I can understand the hype, because Dana hates Stipe, but I can't believe how that guy gassed in the 1st and he wasn't even much able to touch gloves with Stipe after every round. But one in a million athlete...

Of course he is. That’s part of his fucking job?

All those examples were at one time popular opinion by a large majority too

Did rogan piss in your cereal TS?

damn

<30>

Ronda was the greatest female fighter the sport had ever seen at the time.

Mighty Mouse defended his title 12 times and he did so finishing his opponents in ways we haven’t seen before at times.

Those were not hype.

However, the NGanou stuff was way over the top and pronouncing TJ the GOAT last night was ridiculous. TJ only has a winning record against 2 fighters ranked in the top 10 right now in his division. Can he be, absolutely. But he is not there yet. He has to actually beat those guys. Seems like Joe and most of this board want to give him credit for accomplishments they think he did or would do rather than waiting to see h8m actually do it.

dksqBsv.jpg

"WELCOME TO THE MACHIDA ERA, YAAAAA BOOOOOOOOY"

"RONDA ROUSEY IS A ONCE EVER ATHLETE, YAAAAAA BOYYYY! SHE'D BEAT HALF OF THE 135LB MENS DIVISION! HER BOXING IS SUPER ELITE DUDE!"

"THIS NGANNOU MAN, HE'S GOING TO BRING IN THE TYSON ERA! HE PUNCHES HARDER THAN ANYONE EVER HE'S GOING TO BE UNSTOPPABLE YAAAA BOYYYY"

"MIGHTY MOUSE IS THE GREATEST FIGHTER I'VE EVER SEEN AND I'VE SEEN THEM ALL!! THE GOAT OF ALL GOATS BABY YAAA BOOYYYYYYYYY"

Seriously, he's been around MMA forever... is he ever going to stop fanboying out for all these fighters?

And before people say "durrrhhh it's his job herp a derp"... no, it's not. He's a commentator. Have some integrity

nah its nothing insidious like that at all

Rogan is an emotional dude , who gets super excited easily and loves mma. So when he sees something awesome its always the most awesome thing hes seen. I find it refreshing that there can be people out there that are 50 and still see the world as a place of wonders

DC and Dom unintentionally expose Joe’s actual lack “expert” fight breakdown knowledge. Now he comes across as a fanboy more than ever.

I'm sure Joe read this and dried his tears in a fat stack of onit money

Agreed, grandiose statements about fighters is his bread and butter ... his podcast is a ufc vehicle from drumming up hype too .. don’t care what any one says it is

It's almost like he's a paid UFC shill.....hmmmm <{fry}>

christ. hyperbolic shit like this is the reason most people hate her guts.

No most people hate her guts because they hate women’s MMA and she has a bad personality.

However, her resume speaks for itself. It is all time great. Against the competition of her time, nobody better and that is just a fact. Today, most of the roster would beat Royce, but doesn’t take away from his accomplishments in the octogan and his importance in growing the sport. Ronda is the same.

Fuck in hell I copped this about ten years ago. Joe doesn't just hype it because he has to he hypes to generate interest in his shows and that way make more interest when there's more of a debate. Just money.

Back