Rogan can't even keep his own BS straight anymore about Rousey/Cyborg.

It's the same. All manufactured match making. If this whole WMMA pushed happened a little earlier [And we pretend Cyborg never existed] - The UFC would already have a 145lb division, Gina Carano would be touted as one of the greatest athletes ever, and you would have a division filled with 8-0's hyper up to seem legit. They would find the 'talent' somewhere.

Well Im going off of what little I've seen. Watched 3rd ranked, (7 and 2) Julia Budd and she looked like garabage in her last fight, extremely limited skills and she got the decision win. Amanda Nunes beat Budd years ago and the other night she smashed Sarah McMann in impressive fashion. What was Nunes ranked like 9?
So yeah Im thinking 145 has two fighters and the rest stink to high heaven.
you could be right though, maybe the UFC would have catered to Carano if that was the scenario...who knows, she is smokin:icon_twis

Did I just win at internet??

I want to thank god. Reebok and my team.
Also I am not gay for Jesus
God bless god and I will drink Coors tonight while being on top of my wife because Bud does not pay me!

Well played

Has Frankie Edgar been caught abusing anabolic steroids?

You sure love that comparison. Too bad it makes no sense.

3 years ago, you're still going to use that argument?

For a mass majority of superfights that have happened in boxing and MMA, the lower weight fighter moves up to fight the heavier fighter. Very seldom does the heavier fighter move down (Pettis was about to be the exception to the rule if that Aldo fight happened).

All those years that they were talking about St-Pierre vs. Silva, it was always expected that St-Pierre would move up to either fight at a catchweight somewhere, or at 185 to contend for Silva's title. It was never really considered that Silva would move down to 170 to contend for St-Pierre's title.

Rousey either doesn't want the fight, or doesn't want the fight right now. The steroid stuff is just a smokescreen to make Cyborg look bad, on the off-chance that Cyborg does end up making drastic changes to her body/camp to make 135, and comes into the fight depleted and ill-prepared to give Rousey the advantage. With the recent improvements to the drug testing policy, Cyborg would probably get popped leading into the fight if Rousey's drug concerns are legitimate.

Rousey's the best female 135'er in the world, and Cyborg is the best female 145'er in the world. If Rousey truly believed she was better than Cyborg, the compromise is there: meeting in the middle at 140. Rousey simply doesn't want it.

Of course she doesn't want to to fight her, rousey didn't want to fight her at 145, still doesn't want to do it now.

When I lose I lose...

Still like Cris better than Ronda

And thats very respectable.
I like the fighters I like win or lose.
Hell I used to be a Elvis Sinosic fan back in the day. Trust me he made it hard when he lost fight after fight. But he was a good dude and game to fight.

And you lost nothing. Its just a forum most of us is here killing some time and just goofing of.. I hope.
Taking this shit serious is bad for you. Like too much salt.

Rousey is the biggest hype train since Anderson Silva. Both were rulers of depleted divisions, with a legit challenger once every 3-5 fights, and when Rousey eventually falls, the hype bubble will burst, and everyone will be like, "oh, I knew she was overrated all along."

And most of all, Rogan's going to look like the biggest dummy of all with all of this "once in a lifetime" nonsense. You would think that a guy who's been in MMA for as long as he has, and who claims to have been "a fighter," would've been smart enough to not get caught up in the UFC marketing machine (which, to no surprise, he's a big contributor to himself).

For anyone who has followed MMA long enough, you'll remember that Gina Carano got the EXACT same hype when she was becoming Strikeforce's biggest star. The difference was, Strikeforce didn't have the same marketing machine that the UFC does. Cyborg stopped that train, Carano retired, and is now remembered as a footnote in WMMA. The same will probably ring true for Rousey once the female super athletes currently hidden in a gym somewhere start showing up.

Pretty sure thats his job.....

Of course she doesn't want to to fight her, rousey didn't want to fight her at 145, still doesn't want to do it now.

She did actually. She wanted it to be a super fight in SF.
But then Cyborg started to talk about moving down to 135 too and become to division champ.
Ronda said great I rather fight her at 135 if she is moving down anyway.
Why be stupid?

3 years ago, you're still going to use that argument?

Wanna join the party without reading the relevant posts? Alright I'll reiterate.

She hasn't lost any size since that time, she has only been tested the night of the fights and if anything she's now larger.

Any questions?

No.

That doesn't mean she should do something that isn't smart, or that she owes anyone anything. She isn't beholden to verify anyone's image of her.

I love the way everyone seems to put the onus on Ronda to prove she is better than Cyborg. All of the facts actually line up the other way: Ronda is champ/Cyborg is not, Ronda has beaten the best competition outside of Cyborg/the opposite is not true, Ronda is the smaller fighter thus is logically the one to give the benefit of the doubt to, Ronda hasa not been busted for roids/Cyborg has, etc.

The onus is on Cyborg.
Then you are admitting Ronda isn't a "once in a lifetime" or "once ever" athlete. Because what's being asked of her is nothing that BJ Penn didn't do already to a greater degree, and that Anderson Silva did also.

I can't even tell you how many "once in a lifetime athletes" there have been so far.

GSP, Anderson, Ronda and BJ are just a few once in a lifetimers.
I know, everything is sensationalized now.

There's only one "once in a lifetime" athlete I'm aware of. Wilt Chamberlain

7'1"
7'9" wingspan
48 inch max vert
500 pound max bench
4'6 40

sure she is capable, but that entirely ignores all context between the two scenarios.

Penn fought Hughes for a belt. In theory, he would have defended it (no one knew he would bail). There is no belt on the line at 140 or 145 if Ronda moves up, no 'two-division champ' status to add to her legacy. Penn had far more to gain than Ronda does.

Penn was also not the longtime, undefeated champ at LW when he fought Hughes, so Penn had much less to lose than Ronda.

Penn was not the UFC's biggest draw when he fought Hughes, and while Hughes was a big name, that wasn't even the headling fight that night, so UFC was risking comparatively less by letting Penn move up.

If Ronda loses at 135 to Cyborg who would be under a multi-fight deal, then they have a new champ to market, a natural title-fight rematch to make, and a trilogy title fight to setup if Ronda wins the rematch. If Ronda loses at 140 or 145, they have a lame duck champ at 135, and Cyborg has no other opponents at 140 or 145, no belt to defend, etc. other than yet another 140 or 145 against Ronda...?

the only way the Ronda-Cyborg makes sense is at 135, for the belt, with Cyborg signed to a multi-fight deal. It blows my mind that so many people fail to see this.
So then you hit the right button, and you give up on the left one. BJ moved up when the belt was involved to fight Hughes, then he moved up again, and again, with NO belt involved just because he thought he was good enough to do it (remember the "Watch This" t-shirt).

You are perfectly within your rights to say that Cyborg should move down. But you lose the right to claim she is a once-in-a-lifetime or "once-ever" athlete. Once-ever athletes do unbelievable things. Let alone a fraction of what's already been done, which you are making excuses for her not to do.

I don't get it. Both are true...

Btw...What happens if you hit the left button?

he did on ufc 190 , it made him cry while interviewing her after the bethe fight .....
it was a hard day to be a rogan fan :/

p2ilh.gif

Definitely.

Why are you arguing with idiots online on a forum about fights and UFC, why don't you just enjoy them and shut up, oh and go to sleep!!
- My Wife

Best Sig ever.

Whatever happened to champs that would fight anybody - anywhere. It's not like RR isn't walking at 155/160, maybe more.

Then you are admitting Ronda isn't a "once in a lifetime" or "once ever" athlete. Because what's being asked of her is nothing that BJ Penn didn't do already to a greater degree, and that Anderson Silva did also.

What are you talking about?

BJ Penn never went up to a non-existing weightclass.

You really imagine if the UFC had a 145 p division with a dominant champ that Ronda wouldn't be all over that shit?

he did on ufc 190 , it made him cry while interviewing her after the bethe fight .....
it was a hard day to be a rogan fan :/

I think he was high. I could not watch that post fight interview.
Rogan was just way way WAY over the top,

Back